Please Read

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm going to be honest--this was one of the reasons why I haven't been on as much as I used to (but mainly the fact that I have work up to my eyeballs!). I just read something a few minutes ago which kind of justified this reason, I have to admit. *shrug*

I mean, sarcasm to a certain extent is tolerable. But when someone continuously sounds like that, it kinda kills the mood that this place is supposed to have.

You may not think that you are sounding like jerk, but someone on the other side of the world (or someone who's just having a really bad day) might take things the wrong way. Perception.

I'm really glad that this is being addressed, though. It's nice to get the load off the shoulders.

I don't want to sound self-righteous--I'm sure I've offended some on this site, and if I have, I apologize!!
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Wind » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:06 pm

~darkelfgirl~ (post: 1293423) wrote:I'm going to be honest--this was one of the reasons why I haven't been on as much as I used to (but mainly the fact that I have work up to my eyeballs!). I just read something a few minutes ago which kind of justified this reason, I have to admit. *shrug*

I mean, sarcasm to a certain extent is tolerable. But when someone continuously sounds like that, it kinda kills the mood that this place is supposed to have.

You may not think that you are sounding like jerk, but someone on the other side of the world (or someone who's just having a really bad day) might take things the wrong way. Perception.

I'm really glad that this is being addressed, though. It's nice to get the load off the shoulders.

I don't want to sound self-righteous--I'm sure I've offended some on this site, and if I have, I apologize!!

I have to agree with this... sometimes people can unintentionally have sarcasm and really hurt another's feelings even on CAA here.. I am not better than anyone else just the same... we are all sinners saved by the grace of God but that doesn't give us the right to be rude, condesending or otherwise treat people wrongly

God commands us to love even our enemies we should keep this in mind here on CAA nad everywhere else in our daily lives
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:24 pm

~darkelfgirl~ (post: 1293423) wrote:I'm going to be honest--this was one of the reasons why I haven't been on as much as I used to (but mainly the fact that I have work up to my eyeballs!). I just read something a few minutes ago which kind of justified this reason, I have to admit. *shrug*

You're fine, Elfy ^__^

This is true. Like I said before.. As if wasn't hard enough to read things on the internet, right XD?

(Glad to see you back ^__^)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Ingemar » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:49 am

Wind (post: 1294651) wrote:I have to agree with this... sometimes people can unintentionally have sarcasm and really hurt another's feelings even on CAA here.. I am not better than anyone else just the same... we are all sinners saved by the grace of God but that doesn't give us the right to be rude, condesending or otherwise treat people wrongly

God commands us to love even our enemies we should keep this in mind here on CAA nad everywhere else in our daily lives
How's the baby?
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby armeck » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:54 pm

yeah i agree! not everyone here is "friendly"
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Lilac#18 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:31 pm

There are people on blogs/forums that bash others period even though/if they don't know them or share their views. I wish/hope all blogs/forums will follow this thread's message.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Previous

Return to Announcements and Feedback