[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Custom Titles Gone? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Custom Titles Gone?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Custom Titles Gone?

Postby Spencer » Fri May 30, 2003 2:04 pm

Uh...My custom title ran away. It said Vash the Stampede, but now it's just member. Whuzzup with that? I guess we hafta earn them now? Or what? Explanation?
:)
Spencer

Postby madphilb » Fri May 30, 2003 2:33 pm

I just checked mine too... guess they decided to close that option off.

Oh well.... I won't complain, the rest of what we have here more than makes up for it!

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Straylight » Fri May 30, 2003 3:52 pm

It wasn't me... :shady:

...I'm moving this to the Comment Box.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Ashley » Fri May 30, 2003 4:14 pm

Sorry fellas, guess I should have posted, but yes that was me. It makes it a lot easier on the managers if you don't have a custom title. That way we can automatically identify who's a member, who's a mod, etc. I might add some pips later (i.e. 100 posts = super member!) would that make up for it?
Ashley

Postby Spencer » Fri May 30, 2003 5:16 pm

I guueeess that'll work. But they should change at least kinda frequent, like at each increment of 10/20/40 etc. I miss my old one already. Oh well.
:)
Spencer

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat May 31, 2003 10:22 am

The pips thing is kinda fun. Although at most boards you level up sometime after 100, then it's usually every 50 or 100 posts that you level up. And what people usually do is, after you reach a certain "level" you can change your member title.

Anyway, I was just sayin'. ^^; I don't care what y'all decide to do. I'm happy with the way things are at the moment. But member titles and such would be fun too :D
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Straylight » Sat May 31, 2003 12:12 pm

I'd like to bring them back myself... I'm playing around with templates at the moment, there's a way of displaying a custom member title alongside an admin status title.

This will hopefully satisfy everyone :)
[align=center]
Straylight

Postby Straylight » Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:47 am

After discussing this, we've decided on a pips system.
[align=center]
Straylight

Postby inkhana » Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:56 am

Any thoughts on how it will work yet, like levels and such, djnoz? (that you're willing to share...heh heh) You can tell me anything, I'm your doctor.
;)

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Ashley » Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:25 am

We're still brainstorming, but we'll make it fun, I promise. And it'll probably be in increments of 50 posts. Anything more and I'd have to kill you...or better yet, have that bazooka guy in Steve's sig kill you so I don't get dirty. :lol:
Ashley

Return to Announcements and Feedback