Just a quick question.

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Just a quick question.

Postby ADXC » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Okay so lately this has been bugging me so much that Id figure Id ask.
Why is the active member number decreasing so dramatically? A while back like a few months ago it was around 2000, but now it's under 1200. Could any of the mods answer this or is CAA just becoming unpopular? I mean I see the member number has increased to more than 14000, which is 8000 more than from when I joined CAA. So Im really confussed.
ADXC

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:30 pm

My best guess is that many of the CAAers that frequent the site are busy with school, jobs, and other life matters. There could be other reasons, but yeah, that'd be the most likely. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ADXC » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:34 pm

Oh, I had thought of that, I was just wondering if there was an influx in troll findings in older members who you thought were good but were really not.

If you're thinking that ADXC is off his rocker and is overthinking this, then you have to know that whenever I find myself alone and others have seemed to disappear without their telling me where they went my mind seems to think "Oh no! The rapture has come and God forgot me!"

Yeah my mind over-reacts sometimes.
ADXC

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:52 pm

You also have to remember that this crunch time for exams or finals, before going home for Christmas break.

But I would say that they are done with that now.

So, now comes the Christmas break and they are sending it with family and friends.

I always see a big drop in active members drop in Dec, because of this.

When Christmas Eve and day comes, your not going to see me much untill a few days after Christmas and then New Years Eve and day, I will go bye again for a few days.

So, I just think that is one of the major reasons.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:19 am

It's nothing to worry about. Unless the apocalypse is going on.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:39 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaand, we all know what an Apocalypse can do to you.. it can cause you to lose your job @________@

I'm sure the holidays have a huge factor in this sudden decline as well ^^ Along with school and work, and other stuff that may be going on :)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:36 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1277016) wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaand, we all know what an Apocalypse can do to you.. it can cause you to lose your job @________@

This.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby agasfas » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Much like the people before me answered it is probably due to many reasons. Mainly a lack of time. I know for myself, my activity had decreased in the past because of college, working full time, completing internships etc. For other people I am sure it is mixed bags of reasons.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby MBlight » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:45 am

Well, personally I can tell you, it's been because of Job change and other stuff... although i should be back in the swing of things now :sweat:
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby ADXC » Fri May 08, 2009 6:59 pm

Well, it seems to be happening again. I know that people have their own lives to live and stuff, but doesn't only 800 and some active members look a little weird to someone else?
ADXC

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri May 08, 2009 8:58 pm

ADXC (post: 1310229) wrote:Well, it seems to be happening again. I know that people have their own lives to live and stuff, but doesn't only 800 and some active members look a little weird to someone else?

Blame it on crunch time for exams and finals :P

I'm sure we'll get our crowd back once things for everyone start winding down ^ ^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri May 08, 2009 9:50 pm

exams, finals, work.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Mithrandir » Fri May 08, 2009 10:16 pm

That and the fact that no one is actively recruiting their friends, romans and countrymen.

Wait, that's a quote from somewhere.

:lol:
Mithrandir

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat May 09, 2009 3:34 am

I know for my part my laptop's dead. That plus exam time puts my spare time here through the wringer.

I'd expect a rise in active members shortly after May though.
Fish and Chips

Return to Announcements and Feedback