Should we bring back the arcade?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Should we bring back the arcade?

Postby rocklobster » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:59 am

Hey mods, is it really feasible to bring back the arcade now that the forum's been revamped. The recent thread mourning its loss makes me wonder if we should bring it back. I'd love to see it again.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby RidleyofZebes » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:47 am

Truthfully, I miss the arcade. ;_; 'twould be awesome if it were revivified.
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:32 pm

I honestly didn't spend too much time in there. That could be because I was limited to the libraries computers, and I wasn't a big gamer back then ^ ^;

(Haven't voted yet, btw)

What are the options if we do get it back? Would we have to give something up in order to bring back the arcade?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:21 pm

I enjoyed the arcade, but it was really an expendable feature. You can hit up half the Internet for Snake and Tetris and a large assortment of Flash games. Yeah, it was nice to see your username in the high scores after a cruel and unforgiving playthrough of Tetris, and challenging members was also kinda convenient, but it wasn't necessary.

I'd imagine there's a reason Mithrandir cut it from the site upgrade, so I can live with that.
Fish and Chips

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:37 pm

I pretty much sucked at the games, so my name was NOT on the high score list XDD

Avvies would probably have to be reduced in size, and we would probably have to give up some other nifty (sp) features as well if the arcade did make a re-appearence :-?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ADXC » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:39 pm

Yeah, I mean I went in there a few times and had some fun. But really it was the mods decision to remove it and Mith probably, as Fish said, had a good reason for it.
Possibly to make the forum you see before you with the black backround.

It'd be nice to see it back, but ultimately it's the mods decision.

So Im sorta undecided.
ADXC

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Meh, I don't think it's worth it to bring the arcade back. All the games can be found elsewhere, and the arcade would just burn up resources used to provide the forums proper, right?

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:46 pm

Lets ask this, do you want to see a board that could have more lag and then resources getting eating up and so on.

Its just best to leave the arcade out of CAA, if you get bored on a board, you can always find the games on the net.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Midori » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:00 pm

I'd love to see my name on top of the Tetris high scores list, but it'd probably mostly waste my time.
Midori

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:21 pm

It's a wonderful idea to get the arcade back, but I still stick with what I said earlier.. It'll take up too much space on the server, and we may have to give up something else >_>;
Tsukuyomi

Postby Amzi Live » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:07 pm

I'd like to see it back myself,but we do have our own gamer community,and a gaming sub forum were we can hook up with others to play whatever we want.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Return to Announcements and Feedback