Who's In Chat

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Who's In Chat

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:48 pm

Would it be possible to make the Who's In Chat feature an option? Like, in your User CP?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:52 am

That's a very interesting idea. I can't think of any reason (off the top of my head) why this couldn't be done. Let me play around with the concept a bit! :thumb:
Mithrandir

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:21 am

OK. There is now a new profile field in the user cp -> edit profile area. You can set the value of ShowUsersInChat to "No" if you wish to replace the list of users currently in the chat with a simple error message.

You guys wanna play around with it and let me know if it's working properly?

kthxbai
Mithrandir

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:11 pm

Mithrandir (post: 1269238) wrote:OK. There is now a new profile field in the user cp -> edit profile area. You can set the value of ShowUsersInChat to "No" if you wish to replace the list of users currently in the chat with a simple error message.

You guys wanna play around with it and let me know if it's working properly?

kthxbai

I'm actually in love with the Who's In Chat feature, but I'll give it a go \o.o/

EDIT: It works \o.o/

Message Shown
Users currently in chat:
Disabled for this user.
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ADXC » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:59 pm

To Mith or any other moderator who can help fix this.

There is an error that has been happening to the Who's in Chat box. Sometimes it will show users who aren't even still in there. Therefore when I see that there are two people in chat, I enter and they are not there. I think this is a part of the Chat lag or something. I can even still see my name in there even though Im not in chat anymore sometimes.

I don't expect you guys to fix this(Because you guys have a thousand other things to do.), but I just wanted to let you know that this was happening.
ADXC

Postby Amzi Live » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:02 pm

The Who's In Chat feature works well on my PC also, thumbs up for ya Mith.
ADXC (post: 1317535) wrote:There is an error that has been happening to the Who's in Chat box. Sometimes it will show users who aren't even still in there. Therefore when I see that there are two people in chat, I enter and they are not there. I think this is a part of the Chat lag or something. I can even still see my name in there even though Im not in chat anymore sometimes.

Oh yeah,it's also happens to me,but I'm not bothered by it.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Return to Announcements and Feedback