CAA Meet N Greet?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

CAA Meet N Greet?

Postby Kunoichi » Wed May 28, 2008 11:40 pm

Ok well i'm not sure how this whole thing could work out but i wanted to put this out there anyways...

So i was wondering if it would be possiblee to do like a person to person of CAA members (in a public place of course) where members of CAA can meet for prayer, accountability, bible study etc.

This could be done by state, by county, city, or possibly even done convention anime style. Don't ask me where this idea came from but i wanted to know what CAA's and the Mods thought of this.

I know safety is always an issue, especially with younger members so that's why i was just curious what you guys thought about it.

*smile *bows thankyou!
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Nate » Thu May 29, 2008 12:19 am

This has been brought up before, and the position of the mods is basically this:

1. CAA can't really endorse a meetup of members, because if anything happened, they could be held legally responsible. While a meetup of just CAA people would be awesome, it would have to be organized entirely by the members.

2. It's a lot easier to just meet each other at anime conventions or Christian music festivals anyway. They're already at a predetermined place/time, and all it takes is a PM to someone else who's going and saying, "My cell phone number is some numbers" so that they can call you at the event and meet you.

For example I know a lot of us are going to meet up at Otakon in August.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu May 29, 2008 12:32 am

It is a great idea, but it's like what Nate said. If anything were to happen.. The Caa Staff can be held responsible o.o There's more of us then we think ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby mechana2015 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:38 am

Has been done several times at conventions actually, especially Otacon and Anime Expo. Groups have sized around 10 people at the ones I've been at, and have been conducted in public locations. Dinner has been had. Stories were exchanged.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu May 29, 2008 9:47 am

Gah i wish i could make it to Otakukon sometimes but i think i am a bit too far.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby EricTheFred » Thu May 29, 2008 12:04 pm

Actually the con idea offers another excellent benefit: not only does it give the youngsters a (somewhat) safer condition under which to meet and avoids legal responsiblity on CAA, but it means you are meeting in a place with lots of other Anime fans who could be invited on the spot.

I know it seems like it sometimes, but we don't actually represent the entire world population of Christian otaku, here. I guarantee at every convention are at least a handful of others who could potentially become valued participants in this particular corner of the Christian Fellowship.

I have said it elsewhere, but I will say it again. What I like most about CAA is that Christians of all kinds of different denominations show up here, enjoy each other's company, share some pleasant conversation and don't argue about religion! How often does that happen in RL?
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu May 29, 2008 6:29 pm

I wish I could make it to AX or Otakon but it's just too far. .-. If anyone was ever going to go to Akon, I could probably make it to that sometime because it's only like 3 1/2 hours away.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Prince Asbel » Thu May 29, 2008 8:09 pm

The idea sounds fun. Unfortunately, in boring places like West Virginia, I don't think there ever IS a comic-con or anime festival. And travelling is already too expensive for much besides necessity.

But it would be awesome to meet the other members in person. It would be reeeally fun. If we were, I would say for people to wear a badge or pin a card to their shirt with the site name on it as well as the person's username.
Prince Asbel

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu May 29, 2008 8:11 pm

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1230834) wrote:Gah i wish i could make it to Otakukon sometimes but i think i am a bit too far.

Yeah.. "Somewhere but just not here" May pose as a problem :P
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Kunoichi » Thu May 29, 2008 9:12 pm

Well i'm glad that everyone is enthusiastic about it.

I think that it would be awesome to meet however safety for all members would be an issue as well as for CAA's legal responsibilities. I can't make it to a convention but maybe what we could do is see who is in each state and perhaps pose a meet and greet that members themselves put together. That way CAA would not be held legally responsible. Or people could sign waivers possibly....

I don't know. I guess cuz i'm lame and don't have a lot of friends in RL but have some great friends here...guess i was just looking at a way to meet with people and cure my lonliness
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

Kunoichi

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu May 29, 2008 9:16 pm

Well, with your rampant illnesses and boss and all, it is probably for the best that this is infeasible.
Fish and Chips

Postby Kunoichi » Thu May 29, 2008 9:18 pm

....yea your right i shouldn't meet with people with what is going on

Kunoichi

Postby ADXC » Thu May 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Man, I never thought of asking the people who went to the recent anime convention for their phone numbers! Oh well too late now. Am I just stupid or what?
ADXC

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu May 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1231095) wrote:Well, with your rampant illnesses and boss and all, it is probably for the best that this is infeasible.

Fish is right ^^ You should wait until you're feeling much much better and your should wait until the situation with your boss is over and done with ^^ It won't be any fun to meet anyone when you're ill and worried ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Kunoichi » Fri May 30, 2008 7:52 am

Sorry Fish...I was in a lot of pain reading this and took your comment in the wrong way (can't tell emotions with text)

I think the boss thing is over but I wasn't thinking this to be a event that would be done in the next few weeks...I was more thinking in like a month or something but *shrug* as i said it was just an idea

Thanks for listening guys and for your input *smile

Kunoichi

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri May 30, 2008 1:15 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1230772) wrote: Dinner has been had. Stories were exchanged.

Stories about those dinners and the events that took place behind them have been told.

Meet ups can be fun. I've met up with a crapload of CAA people at AX last year, a number at my birthday last year, and Ingemar and Nightshade at little tokyo a month or two ago... Oh, and Jaltus bot about three times, not counting my birthday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri May 30, 2008 1:30 pm

Nate has saved me the trouble of typing the answer, but I post to confirm that he's completely right. I'll leave the thread open for general discussion of meetings, but the question itself is closed.
uc pseudonym

Postby Amzi Live » Fri May 30, 2008 6:38 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1230772) wrote:Has been done several times at conventions actually, especially Otacon and Anime Expo. Groups have sized around 10 people at the ones I've been at, and have been conducted in public locations. Dinner has been had. Stories were exchanged.

Cool!
*Grabs a piggy bank,and start saving for a future Anime Expo.*
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby bakura_fan » Sat May 31, 2008 7:13 pm

since I'm not big on conventions and what not (neither the money nor the time), I shall have to wait for the big meet in heaven. :)
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Prince Asbel » Sat May 31, 2008 8:37 pm

bakura_fan (post: 1231728) wrote:since I'm not big on conventions and what not (neither the money nor the time), I shall have to wait for the big meet in heaven. :)

:eyeroll: Groans*... Well, whatever. Don't get mad if when that happens we blink our eyes at you and say "And who did you say you were?". :lol::dizzy:
Prince Asbel

Return to Announcements and Feedback