What I Think Of CAA...

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

What I Think Of CAA...

Postby Prince Asbel » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:38 pm

So far I think it's really good, and I thank God that some Christians have taken it on themselves to go through anime and make the field safer for their other bros and sis' in Christ. It has saved me a lot of trouble. The reviews are often very specific in detailing what's good or bad about an anime, and that's the best thing about this site.

I have an idea that might be good for the site. If there could be a place in someone's profile where they might identify what worldview they have (Christian, Atheist, Wiccan, etc.). That would be very useful in having theologyical discussions.

Again, big thanks and hugs to those who have taken the time and effort to do this. :hug::hug::hug: For an anime addict like me who is constantly having to be so careful in what I choose to watch, this site has saved me a lot of grief and frustration. God bless you all who run this site!
Prince Asbel

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Prince Asbel wrote:If there could be a place in someone's profile where they might identify what worldview they have (Christian, Atheist, Wiccan, etc.). That would be very useful in having theologyical discussions.

uh, that wouldn't be a good idea, because theological discussions are not really allow here.

Quoted from the forum rules.

Theology Debates - These are strongly discouraged on these forums, due to their destructive effect on the community. If you want to discuss such things, we recommend that you check out TheologyWeb.

Forum rules and FAQ

[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Roy took care of what I would have said already. XD If you want theological debates, you can check out TheologyWeb, a link to which you will find on the main forum page. Glad you like the site, though!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Thu May 01, 2008 8:17 am

This site is pretty darn awesome, and I have made quite a few friends here. I wonder, if will get the homepage we used to have with like the links to each area of the site and show news posted by the mods and admins?
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Prince Asbel » Thu May 01, 2008 11:50 am

Roy Mustang (post: 1222135) wrote:uh, that wouldn't be a good idea, because theologyical discussions are not really allow here.

Quoted from the forum rules.

Forum rules and FAQ

[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color]

I still think it would be a good idea. Geesh, I spelled theological with a 'y' in it. EMBARRASING!!
Prince Asbel

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu May 01, 2008 12:14 pm

Prince Asbel wrote:I still think it would be a good idea. Geesh, I spelled theological with a 'y' in it. EMBARRASING!!

Why would it be a good idea, since the forum rules says no theological debates?

Also,

If there could be a place in someone's profile where they might identify what worldview they have (Christian, Atheist, Wiccan, etc.).

I would think that 95%][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Nate » Thu May 01, 2008 1:32 pm

Also consider that there are separate denominations of Christianity, and some don't accept the others (or consider them Christians). I can think of some fundamentalists here who would be upset if Catholics were listed as Christians, and Mormons would be upset if they weren't listed as Christians. It would lead to debate and arguments and just be too stressful.

So yeah that would be a terrible idea.

And also theological discussions invariably get extremely ugly so allowing them = no.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Prince Asbel » Thu May 01, 2008 4:40 pm

Hmmm... I guess with those things considered, perhaps it IS a good idea not to have one.
Prince Asbel

Postby Sanji07 » Sun May 04, 2008 6:47 pm

I feel the same way about most of your statement. ^_^ CAA is a nice Christian site for us otakus who look for appropriate sites to share discussions about Christ and anime.
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Servant of: Hypersocks-the leader of extrolling hyperness! ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Return to Announcements and Feedback