[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Double Post - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Double Post

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Double Post

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:32 pm

I've noticed a while back that when I post. It sometimes seem like it didn't go through. Instead of taking me back to the post I just made. It takes me back to the post that has yet to be submitted so when I'd submit the post again. it would cause a double post o.o I've seen it happen to another today, so it's just not happening to me. It's prolly just some kinda of glitch, but I'm not sure if it's my fault or what o.o;

Has this happened to anyone else o.o?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:56 pm

I had a little different problem like that happen to me in the Jam Session in the 'last cd you bought' thread.I made a post,submited it,but it seemed like it didn't post.I was like"why didn't it post?"so I made another post and submited it then checked back and to find I made two posts.I don't know why it didn't seem like my first post didn't post.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:03 pm

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:30 pm

It didn't happen the first time I posted back in feb. 4th.I think it was when I made, maybe the 5th,6th or 7th post when my post didn't appear.It happen to me recently few days ago on the the 11th of april.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

Lilac#18

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:40 pm

It only happens with posts that create lists, post links, or have keywords that are flagged in the system, as I understand it. It won't happen with every post; only with the suspicious ones, and not for much longer. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:46 am

Eep, does that mean I've written some suspicious post o.o;

With me, I would post and submit it, but instead of taking me to my post, it'll still be at the Submit Repy page as if I've never submitted it in the first place o.o

It's really bad when I think it's submitting and then go off to another window. Then, I'll come back and it's still at that page, and then I'll forget that I did submit it already and submit it again ^^;

Yes, I can be a ditz sometimes.. >_>;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:52 am

[quote="Radical Dreamer (post: 1217918)"]It only happens with posts that create lists, post links, or have keywords that are flagged in the system, as I understand it. It won't happen with every post]

I'm sorry,I wasn't specific enough when I was talking about the post in the Jam Session.when I made a post in the 'last cd you bought' thread,all I type was the last cd I bought and when I bought it.maybe I did something wrong that didn't seem like it posted.
FKA Selenite

Lilac#18

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:55 am

[quote="Radical Dreamer (post: 1217918)"]It only happens with posts that create lists, post links, or have keywords that are flagged in the system, as I understand it. It won't happen with every post]

I'm sorry,I wasn't specific enough when I was talking about the post in the Jam Session.when I made a post in the 'last cd you bought' thread,all I type was the last cd I bought and when I bought it.maybe I did something wrong that didn't seem like it posted.

Oh,I pressed the 'edit button' the edit my post at the top,but it didn't edit.I was trying to go back and add your quote,but it when I pressed the edit button.
FKA Selenite

Lilac#18

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:46 pm

[quote="Tsukuyomi"]I've noticed a while back that when I post. It sometimes seem like it didn't go through. Instead of taking me back to the post I just made. It takes me back to the post that has yet to be submitted so when I'd submit the post again. it would cause a double post o.o I've seen it happen to another today, so it's just not happening to me. It's prolly just some kinda of glitch, but I'm not sure if it's my fault or what o.o]
I don't think this is a site glitch (it hasn't happened to me on any of my computers) so I suspect it is one of two things. Do you have a connection that fails sometimes? Connection problems can be the source of some weirdness.

There is another likely possibility, however: when you submit a post, it appears on the page immediately. This is actually just an image - though your post is there, you're looking at a copy of it, not the real thing. Why this matters is because sometimes when you hit "Back" or otherwise navigate to the page in certain manners, your computer calls up the old version that isn't updated with your post. When this happens again, try hitting "Refresh" and see if your post doesn't appear.

Lilac#18: You should probably try the same thing, though it could also be the filter.
uc pseudonym

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:21 am

This happens to me all the time. After you post, refresh the page and see if your post came up before reposting. That's how I do it anyway.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:46 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1218553) wrote:I don't think this is a site glitch (it hasn't happened to me on any of my computers) so I suspect it is one of two things. Do you have a connection that fails sometimes? Connection problems can be the source of some weirdness.

There is another likely possibility, however: when you submit a post, it appears on the page immediately. This is actually just an image - though your post is there, you're looking at a copy of it, not the real thing. Why this matters is because sometimes when you hit "Back" or otherwise navigate to the page in certain manners, your computer calls up the old version that isn't updated with your post. When this happens again, try hitting "Refresh" and see if your post doesn't appear.

Lilac#18: You should probably try the same thing, though it could also be the filter.

Eep, I forgot I made this thread o.o; Yeah, just tonight I got booted from AIM for a split second.. I guess o.o I've just been trusting that my post did go through ^^ If it's a long one then I'll copy it ^^ Just as precaution ^^
Tsukuyomi

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Mon May 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks for the info UC and RD! I have been dealing with this problem too.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Return to Announcements and Feedback