Chat Problems?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Chat Problems?

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm thinking that this problem is on my end, but when I go into the chat, it only lasts for about thirty seconds before freezing up. Not the entire window, just the chat. I can refresh and it works again, but only for about thirty seconds. Which is, as you guessed, rather annoying. B[

Anywho, I'm using IE 7 on Windows XP laptop. I've got a connection speed of about 54.0 Mbps (or so it says) and I do have Google Toolbar installed on my computer, though I never use it.

This has been going on since I got my laptop and now that I have time to, I'd really like to start chatting again. XD

If anybody can give me any help on this, thanks.

(Also, I thiiiink this is the right forum area.)
CrimsonRyu17

Postby thefonzjr1323 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Well, Mozzila Firefox is faster than Internet Explorer so that might help a bit. I don't know any more advice i can give u
thefonzjr1323

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:14 am

54 MB? That sounds like a wifi connection (wireless) - are you on a laptop? You might try plugging a network cable directly into the wireless base station and see that solves the problem. Cheap WiFi units are notorious for dropping packets, and the chat is not very forgiving when it comes to packet loss (for security purposes - it would be bad to have a session hijacked).
Mithrandir

Return to Announcements and Feedback