AMV Monthly Contest???

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

AMV Monthly Contest???

Postby animewarrior » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:35 pm

Hey guys. I wasn't sure where to put this. I was just wondering due to the fact that we have monthly manga contests, that maybe we could have AMV (Anime Music Video) contests as well. I'm not that great an artist but I've been told I'm pretty good at creating AMVs...So just wondering if we could set something up.

- animewarrior

**PS - if you wish to see some of my AMVs you can go to http://www.youtube.com and search animerocker23 in the users tab. ^^ I have made lets see** 18 AMVs so far but I've only posted about 5 on youtube. I just haven't posted them due to a slow internet connection. But if you want to see more you can mssg me on youtube or on here.
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Well, I do post my own AMV of the month picks in the Jam Session. But I don't take submissions. I just pick the winning videoes at random.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby animewarrior » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:43 pm

I see... I guess I better post more AMVs on youtube then once our library is open again.

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Moved to the Comment Box. I'm not sure about making this an official idea, but in theory, it sounds like something fun. I think the main issue would be finding plenty of people on the site that make AMVs to be able to have a good contest, or at least people that are interested in making AMVs.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby animewarrior » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:49 pm

alright. ^^ It'd be kool if we could set this up.

animewarrior

Postby bakura_fan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:26 pm

cool idea. I used to make amv's. Mostly the one's I've done are two hellsing (bad to the bone-arucard, Prayer (hyde), victoria), one inuyasha (get a clue, inuyasha and kagome), and a tribute to bakura (also can't remember the song). If I could get more vids onto my computer I'd really be interested in participating!

GYAH! I havn't watched my own vids in so long. I must watch them when I get home. Then I guess I'll post em on youtube. @_@ However I'm really nervous they won't be that great. Made em about 4-5 years ago.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:14 pm

Sounds like an interesting idea...although, I'm worried about the legal aspect of the whole thing. Since an AMV is a song with video clips arranged to the music, wouldn't posting it online without permission be illegal?

Unless you had permission of course, but I was just wondering. I like making AMVs, but it's for this reason I don't post any online (aside from the fact that I haven't finished any yet...the only one I've finished is "The LOLTruck Rides Again," which is pretty stupid, but it was made that way on purpose XD).
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:38 am

AsianBlossom is correct on this one. We've kicked this idea around a couple of times in the past, but we've always come back to the same issue: unless you own the rights to the music and video in question, it's technically illegal to post them. I know of many educational institutions that will not post student work to the internet for exactly this reason.

Sorry, guys!
Mithrandir

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:49 pm

That does sound fun tho ^ ^ Then again, I don't even know how to make an amv, so it all works out I guess (for me that is) ^ ^;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Return to Announcements and Feedback