[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Actual movie reviews? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Actual movie reviews?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Actual movie reviews?

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:08 pm

So heres a question mostly for Master web master Mith or really anyone who can answer it XD. Can we actually get a review tab for movies? I know I myself ask alot about content on movies and I am not a huge fan of Pluggedinonline because they are not specfic enough on language and they judge certain movies way to harsh because of maybe a few off color words, and I not a fan of Kidsinmind.com because of they are WAY to specific about sex content *shudders* So i was just wondering if we could get one set up i'd be happy to send a rough draft of a sample review. I know alot probably would like one but understandible that it could be a hassle setting up.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:59 pm

We've actually had this discussion on any number of occasions. I don't really know how to proceed, though. It seems pretty far afield from our target demographic/audience/mission.

ON the other hand, if it's a resource that would serve a large group of people. Maybe it's something we should consider.
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:28 pm

In the past we've discussed this and the consensus has generally been that too many people already try to offer movie reviews from a Christian perspective. We do anime/manga/games because that hasn't been done as often and is consequently helpful to our membership.
uc pseudonym

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:56 am

Mithrandir (post: 1200738) wrote:We've actually had this discussion on any number of occasions. I don't really know how to proceed, though. It seems pretty far afield from our target demographic/audience/mission.

ON the other hand, if it's a resource that would serve a large group of people. Maybe it's something we should consider.

I personally think it would help alot of people here because when member (like myself) get onto plugged in online and see a movie, say Juno for example. They do point out a few good things but then they go on the bad and its point after point (granted the movie wasn't perfect but it was still not a really bad movie) of what is wrong so by that point you kinda forget everything good about it. Granted i understand UC's point about movie reviews being done on almost every christian website and anime/manga/games not being done thats a very valid point. But IMO i think alot of the younger members (and some that i think have parents, i know its happened before, on the site) can just look under the movie review section and see that ________ reviewed this movie and they can easily look at there oppion and say lets see in the past they have recommended some good anime so lets give it a shot. Or the polar opposite people could see Hey so and so did not like the movie and from our posts we seem to have alot of the same oppions so i am not gonna waste my money.I know we have a lot of movie fans on the site and I know our oppions vary greatly (perfencewise) but i mean I'll never see and of the other christian websites review some asian cinema like we would see on here with MSP. I think it would be wise to put asian and american cinema into one lumped movie review set up. Just my honest oppion though
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:32 pm

I don't think we should do a movie review page unless it's movies like The Ring, which happen to be based on manga. Or that upcoming Speed Racer movie
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:09 pm

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1201186) wrote:i think alot of the younger members (and some that i think have parents, i know its happened before, on the site) can just look under the movie review section and see that ________ reviewed this movie and they can easily look at there oppion and say lets see in the past they have recommended some good anime so lets give it a shot.

That's one of the few reasons we've really considered this in the past. I'm not sure where it would fit in the priority list, though.

Thanks for the ideas, guys!
Mithrandir

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:00 pm

What if opinions were left out? Maybe a short description of the movie and the content.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:41 am

On second thought, I like this idea. After all, I've seen lots of movies that I could offer a good "devil's advocate" opinion of. (Like The Wall) And Shao, the whole point of a review is to give your opinion, so we can't be objective.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ashley » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:37 am

What if opinions were left out? Maybe a short description of the movie and the content.

With all due respect, what would the point of that be? Anyone can get a description and synopsis from movies.com
Ashley

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:45 pm

or for that matter, the internet movie database.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to Announcements and Feedback