DND List Updated

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

DND List Updated

Postby Ashley » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:42 am

Recently I've received a huge influx of PMs asking me about the DND list or outcrying our choices.

I've put this in the thread, but let me reiterate it:

These titles are not a "do not ever WATCH these" list. These titles were selected for the list because the CAA community has historically undergone great turmoil when they have been discussed. For the sake of peace, the staff decided these titles simply should not be talked about, but we are not advocating or disavowing any of the titles carte blanche.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

Edit by Mithrandir:
You can find the DND list here: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=4946
Ashley

Postby The Doctor » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:11 am

Ashley wrote:Recently I've received a huge influx of PMs asking me about the DND list or outcrying our choices.

I've put this in the thread, but let me reiterate it:

These titles are not a "do not ever WATCH these" list. These titles were selected for the list because the CAA community has historically undergone great turmoil when they have been discussed. For the sake of peace, the staff decided these titles simply should not be talked about, but we are not advocating or disavowing any of the titles carte blanche.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

DND list? Do you mean Dungeons and Dragons or what? Geez, I leave for a day and CAA bans something.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:46 am

While I think. . . and sincerely hope that you're being facetious, for the sake of those who are not familiar with the DND, I'll go ahead and clarify. The DND list (or DNDL) stands for the Do Not Discuss List. [Note: We don't call it the DNWL-- do not watch list for the reasons Ashley pointed out.]
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby The Doctor » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:08 am

Sorry to disappoint you, but you're hopes were in vain. I SINCERELY thought you were talking about Dungeons and Dragons, not the do not dicuss list.

I've never seen that list referred to as the DND list. In my class of friends, we commonly use DND for the RPG game. Thanks for the clarification though.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby 4m3r1c4 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:20 pm

hi! so where can i find this famed since beyond time DND list?! can I be on this list?
..::||X++AXENIK++X||::..
4m3r1c4

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:12 pm

4m3r1c4 wrote:hi! so where can i find this famed since beyond time DND list?! can I be on this list?

What genre Anime are you?

The DND list refers to Animes and Anime-related issues we Do Not Discuss, usually because (multiple) heated arguements and debates have been sparked over them, though a few things are listed out of bad taste.
Fish and Chips

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Ashley wrote:

Heaven help us if the anime on this list were part of a "Do not ever WATCH these" list... I would be banned from the get-go.

::is an Evangelion fan, but knows better than to discuss it::
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:25 pm

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:Heaven help us if the anime on this list were part of a "Do not ever WATCH these" list... I would be banned from the get-go.

::is an Evangelion fan, but knows better than to discuss it::

*Wisely keeps his discussions to PMs.*
Fish and Chips

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:53 pm

I have added a link to the DND list to Ashley's initial post.
Mithrandir

Postby crossalchemist » Thu May 10, 2007 8:26 pm

I hate replying to old threads, but I actually looked at the DND list just now and, um, you are aware that Bible Black is a hentai anyway and Gravitation is a yaoi, right? So their DND status would just go without saying wouldn't it?

(This doesn't count as discussing does it? I don't wanna get banned, I'm just askin' a question...)
formerly known as linwood

"The power of Christ forgives you!"
-Brett (a friend from college, parodying the famous line from 'The Exorcist'.)

My new homepage!

My Infamously Semi-Famous Story Blog:
The Sheehy Brothers Adventures!

Dr. Bryan Enderle, Chemistry lecturer at the University of California at Davis gives an excellent talk on Science vs. Faith once in a great while. I tried to record it once, with very limited success, this link is what I have.
Science vs. Faith
crossalchemist

Location: Somewhere far far away, where they'll never find me.

Return to Announcements and Feedback