Your Opinions Needed!

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:59 am

bigsleepj wrote:I thought we had

OKAY NEWER merchandise that the awesome artists here on CAA design.. (like with actually anime pics that we all design XD)

I mean those ARE VERY AWESOME designs...but how about more?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:18 am

That would have to be an incredible co-ordinated effort, and the persn should be willing to 'donate' the art to the CAA then, making it tricky. It would be hard to do and some might not be willing to do it.
bigsleepj

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:48 am

Yeah, a LOT of people are close to Otacon, it makes sense that it could be CAA's debut booth site. I'd support that one hundred percent.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Tommy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:31 pm

Once again, I would heavily appreciate a video game review section.
Tommy

Postby samuraidragon » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:49 pm

How about increasing the title character limit by say, 10 characters or so?

Also, would it be possible to set a default post format, eg., Reenamus likes to post in crimson. It would be nice if that could be implemented.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Photosoph » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:02 pm

That would have to be an incredible co-ordinated effort, and the persn should be willing to 'donate' the art to the CAA then, making it tricky. It would be hard to do and some might not be willing to do it.

Hmm... while there may be other complications, I think a few of us wouldn't mind donating art. It's not like we sell every single piece of art we draw/sketch/paint/etc anyway. :sweat:
But there could be other issues I'm not aware of.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:18 pm

Assuming this thread is still being checked, I shall offer an actual suggestion this time.

An ignore feature in the chat would still be much appreciated. It could lead to less arguing in the chat and would be an excellent way to protect against any trolls who may wander into the chat (which has happened before).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:33 am

If this hasen't been suggested. I think a personal gallery for each user. *Something that quicklinks the works of the user* would be nice to have.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby rurouninaruto » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:34 am

rurouninaruto

Postby rurouninaruto » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:35 am

I also think it'd be awsome if A) the site had some drawing tutorials, and B) I agree with Tom Dincht, a video game review section, with parental content guides as well, like the site's anime reviews, would be great!^^

Thanks!:)
rurouninaruto

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:14 am

kaemmerite wrote:Assuming this thread is still being checked, I shall offer an actual suggestion this time.

We're still checking, yes.

Photosoph wrote:Hmm... while there may be other complications, I think a few of us wouldn't mind donating art. It's not like we sell every single piece of art we draw/sketch/paint/etc anyway.
But there could be other issues I'm not aware of.

If there are volunteers available, it isn't that hard to set things up with Cafepress. But if I recall, our store really hasn't gotten much attention in the past, so new items might be superfluous.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:27 am

I think we ought to include a tutorial on using spoiler tags. This keeps popping up and should tell people how to make them.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kaligraphic » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:52 am

uc pseudonym wrote:If there are volunteers available, it isn't that hard to set things up with Cafepress. But if I recall, our store really hasn't gotten much attention in the past, so new items might be superfluous.

Perhaps adding a link to it at the top of each page might help. I doubt that ChristianRonin is the only user who was unaware of the store's existence. That lack of attention is likely due to a lack of advertising.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:07 pm

Actually I thought the store was like...not around anymore XD I saw it when I first came here..but non of the merchandise has really changed... It was just a thought! Maybe we could have contests to promote the shop?

I have another suggestion! (though I am not sure how hard it is)

How about some more smileys? ^_^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:22 pm

Another suggestion just popped up.

How about limiting the characters in signatures to like...well, less than it is now? It seems like most of the scrolling I do on the forums is to get past the x-number of pages-long signatures. XD

I do know about hiding signatures altogether, but the thing is that I don't mind signatures if they're small or if they don't have gigantic font-sizes in them. It's just weird when I see someone's post and think it's huge, when in reality, they just have a signature that drags on for WAY too long. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:51 pm

Some people tend to forget when their pm box is full. I am not sure if the 300 will make them notice. How about a flashing red light neart the pm box or something that can remind them if it gets full?
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Photosoph » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:26 pm

If there are volunteers available, it isn't that hard to set things up with Cafepress. But if I recall, our store really hasn't gotten much attention in the past, so new items might be superfluous.

That's true. What's already there is good, and if that hasn't had much attention, more products probably wouldn't change the situation.
However, the idea about putting a link to the cafepress store somewhere more prominent might gain the store more attention. Then maybe talking about adding different artwork could be more applicable.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Debitt » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:48 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Another suggestion just popped up.

How about limiting the characters in signatures to like...well, less than it is now? It seems like most of the scrolling I do on the forums is to get past the x-number of pages-long signatures. XD

I do know about hiding signatures altogether, but the thing is that I don't mind signatures if they're small or if they don't have gigantic font-sizes in them. It's just weird when I see someone's post and think it's huge, when in reality, they just have a signature that drags on for WAY too long. XD

^_^;; Definitely agree with this one. Some people have sigs that are just WAY too big.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby creed4 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:26 pm

How about anime specific forums so we can talk about different subjects in one anime.
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:04 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:How about limiting the characters in signatures to like...well, less than it is now? It seems like most of the scrolling I do on the forums is to get past the x-number of pages-long signatures. XD

Yeah, we don't like that either. We try to PM the worst offenders, but we're only human and have a lot of things to absorb our time. I'm not sure if it's possible to easily limit that to a reasonable amount.

creed4 wrote:How about anime specific forums so we can talk about different subjects in one anime.

This one probably isn't going to happen. For the most part, CAA has decided to remove forums instead of making more. We like to keep them fairly general. But if you have a topic about a specific series, just make a thread that makes both series and topic clear. We probably won't have an overwhelming number for any given anime.
uc pseudonym

Postby everdred12a » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:35 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Yeah, we don't like that either. We try to PM the worst offenders, but we're only human and have a lot of things to absorb our time. I'm not sure if it's possible to easily limit that to a reasonable amount.

I've seen it in place on another forum, where the actual height of the signature is limited to 2 inches. Maybe, with some regulation like this in place, we can cut down on the half-page signatures some people have, and maybe even allow pictures in signatures again =x

everdred12a

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:39 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:How about limiting the characters in signatures to like...well, less than it is now? It seems like most of the scrolling I do on the forums is to get past the x-number of pages-long signatures. XD

Oh goodness YES I agree. I don't think the problem is length of words, as much as it is the size of certain words.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby samuraidragon » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:41 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Oh goodness YES I agree. I don't think the problem is length of words, as much as it is the size of certain words.
I was just about to say that. At the very least can there be a font size limit? I can't stand humongous letters blaring at me from people''s sigs.

Another feature that I'm sure everyone would like would be more search functions in the reviews section. You can currently search by age, but more then once, I've wanted to search by overall recommendation.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Kaligraphic » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:54 am

Inches is difficult to measure because it varies from monitor to monitor. I personally am a fan of the "lines of standard-sized text at a given screen resolution" metric, because it's the same on any size monitor.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Wind » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:54 am

I dunno how this will be recieved but could we have a relationship advice section where people give Godly advice for relationships

I just went thru an awful breakup it would be useful
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Debitt » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:29 pm

JadeFox wrote:I dunno how this will be recieved but could we have a relationship advice section where people give Godly advice for relationships

I just went thru an awful breakup it would be useful

prayer forum? ^_^ I do hope you get through your breakup, I know those are tough, but it seems like with all the trouble CAA has been having with some members and "e-relationships", it seems like a relationship advice forum may end up being more trouble than it's worth. ^^; But I'm not a mod, that's just my take.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:41 pm

Actually, I'd like to see some of Pilgrims Progress. We've been at it for what, two years or more, and not one page has been made public? It'd be nice to see some of the actual pages.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:45 pm

That would be my fault, Zarn... I was asked to digitally tone...and I sorta took on more than I could handle...the pages are inked and all that... I am just trying to learn how to tone correctly. ^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:59 pm

She points out one part of it: we haven't shown anything because very little is done. But I also don't want to launch until we have a decent head start on the project. If we're going to do this, I want it to be revived once, with adequate resources, and then stay alive, as opposed to being posted and sitting for ages.
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:34 pm

I forgot to mention that I will be starting to tone them VERY soon since I now have a wacom tablet and I don't need to work with my stupid mouse .
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Previous Next

Return to Announcements and Feedback