Your Opinions Needed!

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Postby Mega.EXE » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:45 pm

I wold like to do the Fandub thing as Sao_Sakura said. And yes more Mods would be good I'm always on so it's annoying to not have a Mod there when the Trolls come to get us >.<
Mega.EXE

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:32 pm

I don't know if anyone else has suggested this but I would like to see a forum for
more controversial topics like politics.I think it can be done as long as everyone is
civil.
Let's be honest people ARE going to bring up controversial topics despite the rules so there might as well be a forum to discuss them.This would help the admin and
mods in that they wouldn't have to go around and waste their time locking so many
threads.
The mods could also determine if something were too controversial for even such a forum.
btw:It doesn't have to be all politics anything deemed too controversial would go there.
mitsuki lover

Postby ClosetOtaku » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:33 pm

I'd like to see the anime discussions forum split up into a spoiler / no-spoiler section, and allow posts on various titles to be duplicated between them should that happen. I find myself eager to participate in discussions, but fear revealing spoilers/reading spoilers on series that are still in release.

I'd also like to see Shooby again, but he's probably busy... :(
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:38 pm

SirThinks2Much wrote:More mods would be nice.

I've been thinking this too.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby That Dude » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:41 pm

I don't think that they'll be able to do the fandub or fansub thing since it is on the borderline of legality. As far as the more mods maybe you can give limited mod power to some of the older more trusted members so they can blast away the trolls and such when the mods are busy or not on.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby silverSky » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:03 pm

[quote="Ashley"]2007 is quickly approaching, and with it comes CAA's 6th birthday. This year, I want to do something different:

I want to know what YOU want for CAA in 2007! New forums, new features, new contests, new content...where do you want us to go, what do you want us to be doing? What have you seen other forums do that you'd like us to do as well? I'm willing to give any and all ideas equal airtime, no matter how outrageous or miniscule.

So please consider giving us your feedback and ideas by replying to this thread by December 31st. Thank you for your continued support]

Hmm the board seems so nice its hard to say what could make it better.

But I would be nice if the General Entertainment threat could be split up between movies and tv.

And Advice thread is always helpful.

silverSky
Jhn 1: 1-5 KJ

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Psalm 115: 105-106 OKJ

105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

Psalm 91:1-2

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:08 pm

Regarding having more mods because of the times where there are no mods on and a troll appears - could there be one address/username made to PM reports of trolls? If the PM inbox was a joint one for all the mods then whichever mods are online could look at the inbox. If a PM report is dealt with, it could be deleted or marked as read - if read but not yet dealt with the PM could be marked as unread again for another mod to deal with. That way members could just have one contact for making reports and can help out in the proccess of identifying trolls.

I don't know about the current process so this may be useful, it may not. I'm just putting it out there.

One other random idea that I had would be a 'quote of the day' or 'quote of the week' on the home page that is chosen every so often, perhaps from the chat or the threads. (*Coughs and ignores own signature*). Of course, this could lead to some issues - more work for the mods, rivalry between members.... but it is just a thought.

Thanks for opening up the chance for input. I understand that not everything suggested may be able to be done but its nice to be able to have input into CAA. ^^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:33 pm

How about a CAA live-action series in Japanese, which we could then fansub. It could revolve around a mecha pilot, a magical girl, and three ordinary high schoolers.

...I think we have a winner! ;)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:35 pm

I second the preserving of the original Bishie thread and the JRock thread!
Kawaiikneko

Postby Omega Amen » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:41 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:I second the preserving of the original Bishie thread and the JRock thread!

And if you preserve any threads, make sure you preserve the Bishoujo Pic Thread. (I put in a lot of hours trying to find good pics. I would hate to see it suddenly go away.)

On other things, I would love to have our own music for the two podcasts' intro and outro. One music piece for CAA Radio, and another one for the CAA Gamecast.

Or maybe we can feature the "Interview for the Ages" on CAA Radio where Mr. SmartyPants interviews Ashley.

Okay, so the podcast requests are little unreasonable and self-serving. My actual request is that you prioritize existing requests from the Comment Box and continue implementing the ones you believe are reasonable.

That is all for me.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:44 pm

Omega Amen wrote:On other things, I would love to have our own music for the two podcasts' intro and outro. One music piece for CAA Radio, and another one for the CAA Gamecast.

Perhaps you could talk to The Melody Maker about that. :3
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:45 pm

Just a few easy answers...

Regarding new mods: we've actually been discussing this as well as alternatives for some time, so rest assured that we have this concern as well.

kawaiikneko wrote:I may be asking the impossible here, but is the server stable enough to let us have pictures in our sigs again?

I think it's possible, but the problem is that they will greatly accelerate the inevitable overload of this server. Mithrandir would be the one to make the decision on this, of course, because he'd be buying a better one. If I recall he wasn't too keen on adding image again. Sorry.

SnoringFrog wrote:Higher character count limits, especially in the writing section, would be awesome. They're not as needed otehr places (although we've had some pretty long posts in topics under General that I've come across before), but I really think we need them in the writing section.

I brought this up ages ago as well. Unfortunately, I learned that the forums have only one character limit that applies to the entire board, so unless that has changed with one of our upgrades this isn't possible without a hack.

mitsuki lover wrote:I don't know if anyone else has suggested this but I would like to see a forum for more controversial topics like politics.I think it can be done as long as everyone is civil.

Unless we decide to convene and reevaluate our overall policy for the board, this isn't going to happen.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:55 pm

" wrote:I think it's possible, but the problem is that they will greatly accelerate the inevitable overload of this server. Mithrandir would be the one to make the decision on this, of course, because he'd be buying a better one. If I recall he wasn't too keen on adding image again. Sorry.

Drat... oh well, it's not a big deal.
Kawaiikneko

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:14 pm

yeah, no politics. Remember the three things you shouldn't bring up in polite society: politics, sports, and religion.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby That Dude » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:27 pm

An official interview thread would be pretty fun. Every week a new interview. And you could make it available for those who can't podcast. I know Shatterheart did something like this for a while.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:14 pm

Less Bread, More taxes!
bigsleepj

Postby samuraidragon » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:25 pm

I would like to see Mith come up with something a little wittier then "welcome to the nuthouse :lol:" for greeting new members. XD

Real suggestions will wait 'til tomorrow.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Mave » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:05 am

Kawaiikneko wrote:I second the preserving of the original Bishie thread and the JRock thread!

I third the idea of preserving these threads but instead of just moving them, I propose that we create something like Gallery Section (or something else...whatever works), where the threads' sole purposes are to post images on selected topics. Along with this section, I can see other threads join this category such as "Homemade Bishies/Bishoujos," "Post Your Ride" and even the "Post Your Pic."

That may help to centralize all the 'attachment'ing activities....I don't know if that helps the mods but at least, it can help in monitoring where most images are being posted and possibly even do trimming if we run out of space or something.

There are other two issues that come to mind but I do not really have a solution for:

1) Prayer section: It's difficult to track the newest prayer requests. I think someone addressed that by having a function which allows one to view the newest threads but...is there some way to freeze threads so that it'll always run in chronological order according to the time it was posted? Ppl who are committed to keep prayer about something can subscribe to that thread to keep track, lest that thread gets bumped down.

2) Gallery: I stopped posting artworks there (ok, except for the Homemade Bishies Thread..) because I get lost whenever I enter it (no offence to whoever came up with this idea! I'm just being honest XD;; ) I used to enjoy having my own artwork thread where all my works were centralized. This is one of the cases where I don't really have a good solution for. My apologies.
Mave

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:12 am

That Dude wrote:An official interview thread would be pretty fun. Every week a new interview. And you could make it available for those who can't podcast. I know Shatterheart did something like this for a while.

I agree. Start with the mods, then us regular folks. You could PM us the questions. That would solve the "no Skype" problem.
I also think the following threads should be stickied:
1. The post your favorite anime lines thread.
2. The TV schedule changes thread.
3. What Anime are you watching?
4. What manga are you reading?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:10 am

bigsleepj wrote:Less Bread, More taxes!

Seconded! ...er wait...what? o.O

I agree with Mave about the Gallery. I got really confused and just stopped using it after a while. Er...but I also can't think of a solution...yet. I'll ponder that one for a bit...
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby meboeck » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:25 am

I have three suggestions.

Every now and then, someone makes a "good anime/manga suggestions" thread. Maybe there could be threads stickied in the anime and manga sections that would address that. That way, there would be two simple thread for reference or a additions as opposed to the same question being asked every couple months.

Also, maybe the Members' Projects forum could be cleaned up a little. If merchandise gets brought back, maybe that could get put under Administration or another area. Kaldris is apparently dead, and Pilgrim's Progress seems to have pretty much moved off of the CAA board, so maybe those could be cleaned up a little. Also, the New Projects and Ideas forum has everything from webmanga to art to AMVs and various other things. Most of it seems to be manga-related, so maybe it could be split into two forums, one for manga, and one for other projects.

My last suggestion is that the member-run contests could be put into the gallery. It seems kind of odd for the wallpaper contest to be in one place and the other contests to be in another.

Thanks for staying open to suggestions and trying so hard to make this site the best it can be!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:45 am

ShiroiHikari wrote:
Omega Amen wrote:On other things, I would love to have our own music for the two podcasts' intro and outro. One music piece for CAA Radio, and another one for the CAA Gamecast.
Perhaps you could talk to The Melody Maker about that. :3

...I'd love to! :3 Four shorts, eh? How long should they each be? Is roughly 10-15 seconds good? :) (I feel bad now; I've never actually downloaded any of these podcasts to listen to... :sweat: )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:54 pm

Ooh, I just thought of this last night! When on the radio show, can we get live footage of the speakers? Like when voic chatting?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Omega Amen » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:04 pm

TheAwesomenessMaker wrote:...I'd love to! :3 Four shorts, eh? How long should they each be? Is roughly 10-15 seconds good? :)
I tell you what... I am going to contact Link on this, and I will compile some music intro/outro clips of other anime and video game podcasts out there so you can get a feel on what we are looking for.

Expect PMs shortly. (Ideally, we would like the new music by the start of next year for our new season.)

TheMajesticMasterpieceMaker wrote:(I feel bad now]Dude... if you give us awesome music for our shows, you do not ever have to feel bad for not listening to us.

Wait, what did I just say...?

Sao_Sakura wrote:Ooh, I just thought of this last night! When on the radio show, can we get live footage of the speakers? Like when voic chatting?
Can you elaborate? I am not sure what you are asking for.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:02 pm

I believe what she's insinuating is a video feed of you guys talking. Not sure how that would work....
Kawaiikneko

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:42 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:I believe what she's insinuating is a video feed of you guys talking. Not sure how that would work....

I thought she meant like a live audio-feed.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Joshua Christopher » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:31 pm

I'd like to see some DVD-reviews section, and a forum to discuss politics and theology and all that.
Joshua Christopher

Postby That Dude » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:56 am

Yeah I don't think the politic and theology threads will ever come into existance.
That Dude

Postby Angel37 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:43 am

I like the art forum suggestion, the review suggestion, and the new mod suggestion.
I would also like to see Ashley on the podcast! Speaking of, I'd like to see the podcasts get more listeners! Is there anyway we could get ourselves out there more?
I second Mith's overuse of the phrase "welcome to the nuthouse". Because I want to use it!
I also second the CAA Yearbook.
Think maybe we could do a CAA videocast through youtube? That'd be sweet. XD
And the more skins idea is fabulous. Definitely second that one.
Angel37

Postby Angel37 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:45 am

Sao_Sakura wrote:Ooh, I just thought of this last night! When on the radio show, can we get live footage of the speakers? Like when voic chatting?

OMG you mean a NON-EDITED version of the podcast??? A LIVE feed???????? Do you have any IDEA the chaos that would ensue?!!!!!!

*evil grin* Let's do it!!
Angel37

Previous Next

Return to Announcements and Feedback