Art deletion

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Art deletion

Postby taboo » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:34 pm

I recently had a picture deleted from the art forum. I don't mind, and actually in retrospect, I posted it without thinking about the type of place to where it was being posted. However, it comes off a little rude to delete pictures with out giving the artist a reason, don't you think?
taboo

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:04 pm

While a very talented artist you use some strong language and sexual undertones in some of your work. That could be the reason.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:54 pm

I think the art in question was the swimsuit one correct?

no offence but it was a little...risque'....

well there are rules here for a reason...^^;
but as W4J said, you do have talent...^^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby taboo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:01 am

Well duh, I know why it was deleted. :p That's not the point of the thread. I want to know if it's common place here to delete out of line art without notifying the artist.
taboo

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:15 am

I am not sure on that one...however, I am not sure you should expect a comment about it being deleted..

1. There are rules about posting artwork, and usually when an artwork is deleted is because it defies the "No Bikini" rule... The rule states that girls should have more on them than "bikinis" or anything like that....unfortunatly the drawing in question broke this rule...

2. Also, this is a Christian site, and everyone who posts drawings or artwork is sort of responsible...we all need to be REALLY careful that our drawings don't cause a stumbling block to our fellow CAAers...

I amsorry if I made you angry....for the most part, I like your artwork...

-CR
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby taboo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:30 am

Oh no, don't be sorry. <3 As soon as I realized it was gone, I sorta went 'well duh, what was I thinking?' So, I'd like to apologize for not thinking. >__<

I didn't have a problem until yesterday when I was looking for something else I had submitted and saw that it wasn't there. I didn't think it was breaking the rules, but what could I do? How was I to know if it wasn't deleted or not, and if it was, how could I possibly contest it? It made me angry, to tell the truth. It's very unbuisiness like.... I mean, I've modded before, so I know how long it takes to write a pm saying "Your picture, NAME, has been removed for violation of rule #, LINK."
taboo

Postby Ashley » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:14 am

Hi Taboo.

In response to your initial question, no it is NOT commonplace for us to instantly take down something without notification. Under ideal circumstances, you would have been notified within a few minutes of the action.

However, what happened this time is that one VERY overworked mod noticed it and took it down, and I volunteered to write the PM so she could go get some sleep. I didn't realize I wouldn't have a chance to do so until this morning. I sincerely apologize for the delay; we staffers are just human, after all.

Thanks for being so understanding about this!
Ashley

Postby taboo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:22 am

Ah, ok. ^^; Thanks!
taboo

Return to Announcements and Feedback