Wallpaper contest winners!

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Wallpaper contest winners!

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:26 pm

In a shocking turn of events, we have a tie for this month's wallpaper contest! Congratulations to our two winners, Yumie and Soul Alive! Everyone's entries were spectacular, but these two just managed to stand out above the rest! Thanks to everyone who made this contest a success, and I look forward to seeing entries in the future.

Yumie's entry:

Soul Alive's entry:

All other creators are now free to reveal themselves in their threads, should they choose to. Some time in the next week, all the tries will be moved to the wallpaper forum. :)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Yeito » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:13 pm

I suppose I'm not allowed to point out how a certain entry had the creator's name on it or anything am I?

Just to mention I'm NOT trying to raise a stink....
I just think contests should be played fairly. Like with rules?

Sorry if anyone takes offense to my opinion. I'm losing my touch at word play.
Yeito

Postby Yumie » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:15 pm

Sorry, Yeito, I tried to make it blend in and be as small as possible, but I didn't want it possibly circulating the web without my name. I'm prooty sure I'm not popular enough that it'd make a difference, XD.

Either way, good job Soul Alive! I really like your wall a lot! It's so pretty! ^_^

EDIT: For anyone who sees this-- if anybody comes forward and says that they honestly only voted for my wall because of the name in the bottom left corner, I will freely allow Soul Alive to be the only winner. I don't want to win like that anyways. I just thought it was fun doing it! :D
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby meboeck » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:19 pm

I for one had absolutely no clue there was a name on there until you pointed it out, Yeito. Anyway, congrats, Yumie and Soul Alive! Those were both really awesome entries!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Yeito » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:24 pm

I wasn't trying to be mean or stinky about it. Just thought I would mention it.

Geez. I feel like a stinkhead now. r_r

Anyway. That wasn't my point. Congrats.
Yeito

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:34 pm

Oh, I'm sorry. I figured since the name was so miniscule that no one would notice. Everyone's entry was in a post created by me. Someone would have to really scrutinize the post to find that name, and if they were that desperate to vote for some popular member-- well, I just didn't think that would happen here.

I'm sorry if I've made a mistake here. But this was just to have fun! There were other entries with names hidden in them, and they didn't win. For any mistakes I've made and people I've upset-- I am so sorry. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves reardless. I've really been trying to just help everyone enjoy their time and feel like they're a part of this place. I'm sorry. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Yeito » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:43 pm

Ok... Dude... I'm not upset or anything. I was just.... saying. Cause I didn't see any names in the others (I guess they were hidden?)

and your poll idea was really good! Ingenous good.

How about we all just forget about what I said and go back to celebrating. Zeesh. I didn't mean to offend people >_(\

I feel like a tard.
Yeito

Postby Sammy Boy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:24 am

Okay...... I think no one took offense at anybody. Everybody is cool and no one is upset.

Yeito, there's no need to feel bad for mentioning an honest opinion with no ulterior motives.

Yumie, yes the small name left in the corner is not an issue, your reasons are justified, Yeito simply mentioned it.

Mangafanatic - this isn't your fault in anyway, so there's no need to apologise.

I realise no one has the authority to make any conclusions of this sort, but I just wanted to get everyone to leave this matter behind..

OK, now that I have that out of the way, congratulations to both Soul Alive! and Yumie! :)
Sammy Boy

Postby Jack Bond » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:12 am

Congrats Yumie, that was my second favorite.

Soul Alive, stunning comeback.

Mine was Valintinez day.
Jack Bond

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:35 am

Ignore this post and go on to the next one. (This was supposed to be Yumie, but I was accidentally still logged on to Osaka's name. . .)

Mangafanatic

Postby Yumie » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:37 am

Jack Bond wrote:Congrats Yumie, that was my second favorite.

Soul Alive, stunning comeback.

Mine was Valintinez day.

OK! What I had said in the post above, before I realized I was logged in as Osaka, was this:

Oh, ha ha! That one was so funny! Good job! :lol:

Yumie

Postby soul alive » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Thanks everyone. And congratulations Yumie, your entry is very touching and lovely, I likes it.

I had a spelling mistake in mine, (piece instead of peace... *shakes fist at lyrics website*) and a mistake in the lyrics, so if anyone wants the fixed version, let me know. -my ocd wouldn't let me leave the problems alone ^^;;;
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:11 pm

[quote="soul alive"]Thanks everyone. And congratulations Yumie, your entry is very touching and lovely, I likes it.

I had a spelling mistake in mine, (piece instead of peace... *shakes fist at lyrics website*) and a mistake in the lyrics, so if anyone wants the fixed version, let me know. -my ocd wouldn't let me leave the problems alone ^^]
If you want to PM me the link info, I'll be glad to fix it on the front page as well. *Is a spelling nazi also. XD *

Mangafanatic

Postby soul alive » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:49 pm

Got it PM'ed to you.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Kami » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:15 pm

Yo. Congrats Soul Alive, Yumie-- You both had terrific entries. Mine was entry 8. The Simple Things one.

-Kami
FKA snowangel kamui

The future has yet to be determined...

" OHMYGOSH. Maybe it IS THE PHARMACIST. " -Me

" I swear. Sony and Nintendo have been fighting for years. They're like two fat kids wanting the last cupcake on earth. " - Me

Please visit mine and Yeito's site :
www.akame.iwarp.com
Kami

Postby Yumie » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:04 pm

Oh, yours was pretty, Kami! You did a good job!

Yumie

Postby bakura_fan » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:20 pm

mine was the quotes one...=_=; not one vote....oh well...it wasn't that good. congrats to you both. excellent entries.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Yumie » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:50 pm

It was too good, Bakura fan! I wanted to vote for it, but I didn't think it would be allowed, since I was a contestant.

Yumie

Postby bakura_fan » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:58 pm

oh...thanks. ^^, I voted...but I can't remember for who...
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Return to Announcements and Feedback