Inkhana Stepping Down

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Inkhana Stepping Down

Postby Ashley » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:51 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Inkhana, one of our longest established moderators, has decided to step down from her staff position at CAA. She has said the reasons were personal and the decision was made after much thinking and praying on her part. Myself and all the staff hope that she will continue to bless us with her presence, her humor, her insight and her art, as she has been with us almost from the beginning, and when we moved to the big forums from our MSN days, she was immediately on our lips as a mod candidate. I am sure she will keep serving the Lord through her job and her art, and we will always support her in wherever God guides her. Inkhana, thank you so much for all your years of sometimes thankless, sometimes unnoticed service to me and to this site; you've become much more than just a fellow staffer to me, but a mentor and close friend. I know we'll be in touch. God bless you as you continue to seek not just His face, but His will.
Ashley

Postby Stephen » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:53 pm

I said a lot more in the note I sent ya Ink, but again. Thank you for everything over the years. So much goes on behind the scenes that people miss. But I do want to thank you for what you have done.
Stephen

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:59 am

[quote="Ashley"]It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Inkhana, one of our longest established moderators, has decided to step down from her staff position at CAA. She has said the reasons were personal and the decision was made after much thinking and praying on her part. Myself and all the staff hope that she will continue to bless us with her presence, her humor, her insight and her art, as she has been with us almost from the beginning, and when we moved to the big forums from our MSN days, she was immediately on our lips as a mod candidate. I am sure she will keep serving the Lord through her job and her art, and we will always support her in wherever God guides her. Inkhana, thank you so much for all your years of sometimes thankless, sometimes unnoticed service to me and to this site]

I wish you luck, Ink! You will be missed but the time while you were a mod and I was here was great! GOOD LUCK! ^____________^

btw, To all you other mods...I THANK YE For all the hard work you do! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:01 am

We're going to miss you as a mod, Inkhana. But good luck with your future and may God continue to bless you in abandunce. :)
bigsleepj

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:16 am

So is Inkhana leaving the site, or just going back into the general member pool?
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Debitt » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:50 am

:hug: ^_^ You did an awesome job as a mod, Ink~ May the Lord continue to guide you~ <3

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Scribs » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:14 am

You have always been a great moderator, and I truely hope to still see you arround the forums. Your work has been highly apreciated.

-Scribs
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby The Doctor » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:09 am

Our sincere thanks for your heartfelt service Inkhana. It's been a pleasure talking with you as well and I wish you the best on your journey.

God bless and thank you.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:34 am

Since I am posting in this thread, I wish to extend my official thanks to Inkhana for her work on staff. It's been nice "working" with you, too.

Kaligraphic wrote:So is Inkhana leaving the site, or just going back into the general member pool?

The latter, though her level of participation is obviously up to her.
uc pseudonym

Postby kryptech » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:50 am

Even though I can't say I know you well, Inkhana, I'd like to thank you for your part in moderating and more at CAA. I don't understand all of what is involved with that task, but I appreciate you mods for toiling over keyboards and mice to make this such a super forum and community. See you around.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Rogie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:40 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:The latter, though her level of participation is obviously up to her.

Well, then instead of a goodbye, here's just a thanks for doing a great job as a mod, and a big, hearty welcome into the "regular" membership group with the rest of us. Now you can be crazy and zany like us without worrying about mod responsibilities. ;)
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Silvanis » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:42 pm

Thank you Inkhana for everything you've done here. I wish you well wherever God takes you! :hug:
I'm in love with this song!!
Lion
Mysterious, that's what I call you.
I'm curious about you.
I'm scared and I'm not sure that you are safe.
But, something in your eyes says you are good.
This is not a dream that I'm living,
this is just a world of your own.
You took me from all that I knew,
showed me how it feels to hope.
With you with me, facing tomorrow together,
I could learn to fly.
It feels like I'm living in the lion's mouth,
but the lion is an angel.
Wise eyes, you see the core of me.
Your gentleness melts me.
Now I know that words cannot describe
the power that I feel when I'm with you.
This is not a dream that I'm living,
this is just a world of your own.
You took me from all that I knew,
showed me how it feels to hope.
With you with me, facing tomorrow together,
I could learn to fly.
It feels like I'm living in the lion's mouth,
but the lion is...
peace and power
love forever.
Who am I to stand before you?
I am speechless,
but in my weakness you are here and all is well.

Shadowchild is my imoto-chan!! ^_^
Silvanis

Postby inkhana » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:50 pm

Thanks guys ^^ I'll still be around, probably make a few posts here and there.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Aka-chan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:58 pm

Thanks so much for all your hard work, inkhana! I can only echo the well-wishing of the other members here. ^__^

Oh, does this mean that the art contests are officially done with?
Aka-chan

Postby Yahshua » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:35 pm

No not Inky Not Inky Why?
Yahshua

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:46 pm

;_; forever we will both be bad in grammar!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Silent Hunter » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:49 pm

Thank you for moderating!
:thumb: :hug:

[color=#000000]Me: "Hey, what's her last name?"

Brett: "Doesn't matter. It's going to change anyway."

Brett: "Why do they call it tourist season if you can't shoot them?"

[/color]
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Silent Hunter

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:07 pm

I'd also like to thank Inkhana for her work as a mod. After recently witnessing a troll attack firsthand, I have the overwhelming urge to tackleglomp all of the mods. You guys rule!

I really hope we'll still be seeing you around Inkhana ^_^
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Lochaber Axe » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:51 pm

Ink, it is a hard thing to that you did, but take heart in the memories that always accompany serving. Thank you for all that you have done for this site and the lives of so many people.

Now if I drank...

CHEERS!
Lochaber Axe

Postby Mave » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:50 am

Thanks for all you've contributed. Job well done! :)
Mave

Postby Kenshin17 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:44 pm

*waves from the back of the room*

Bye Ink and thanks a lot for all your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:01 pm

Meh, she's just leaving because she knew I was coming back.... :p

Anywho, I've lost good mods before on G2G, so my condolences to Ashley and the rest because ye've lost a fine mod.

Still doesn't excuse her from P.I.E. though...
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:41 pm

Thank you for all your hard work Inkhana. May God continue to use you and bless you in all your do.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Wind » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:29 am

I am glad that you are sticking around at least as a general member but I am happy I was here for a little while when you were a mod and here is a verse to send you on your way

EPHESIANS 5:15 & 16

~ See that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
redeeming the time because the days are evil ~KJV

See that you are wise and trust the Lord to lead you where he wants you and I hope to be seeing you around and when you are online drop me a PM anytime you have a prayer request or just feel like talking I will miss you and I hope that the verse helps
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:28 pm

As far as mods go, you were mod royalty. :hug: Thank you so much for everything you did and will, I'm sure, continue to do. You're such a gift to us all.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby kaji » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:33 am

Thanks for all your moddingly moddy-goodness Ink. Your presence will be missed, but we know you will be a blessing to those around you where ever you go. Just like you were to us, here. ;)
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Icarus » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:22 pm

Thank you for all your hard work, and the green.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Syaoran » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:42 pm

I don't know you that well but I will say. Thank you for all your hard work and may God lead you to were you are going.
Syaoran

Postby RefractedAhav » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:41 pm

I don't know what else to say, exept that we can't thank you enough. You and the staff have done so much for us. Again, thank you.:thumb:

I have one question though, have you rereleased Steelblood yet? I can see that you have been, actualy you are busy, but I realy like what I read. If it isn't out yet, could you let us know when it is?

ok that was more than one question, but they are related.:sweat:
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Return to Announcements and Feedback