Member's Webmanga Forum?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Member's Webmanga Forum?

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:08 am

Mave, Inkhana and several others have (or had) their own webmangas which comes out regularly at unidentified and random increments of time (and lets not forget UC's CAA: Standaround Complex). These threads of theirs get lost in the shuffle of several other threads for months until someone brings it back into the light (gravedigging), usually the authors themselves when they add. Those who want to look at it only find it a complicated matter to get these old mangas?

Wouldn't a seperate forum for these mangas be better? Then people can discuss it there without having trouble searching for old threads and such. Just making a suggestion - it would just be easier for all concerned.

Just a thought.
bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:11 am

Sounds like a great idea J!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:12 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Sounds like a great idea J!

Off course it is. I thought of it. ;) Just kidding. :grin:

Coming soon: another great idea - how to get rich selling both your livers.
bigsleepj

Postby Mave » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:44 am

*nods in agreement*

I actually have to search for my own thread during updates. (^__^);; I post in Manga Mania since I don't know how else to go about doing this.

Getting comments from more ppl will be really useful and motivating but not many are aware of the existence of these webmangas. By putting aside a section, it would not only help other members to be aware of them, it will also encourage the authors to fellowship with each other.
Mave

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:00 am

Thanks for your input, Mave. Since you are a webmanga creator you're oppinion is worth more than mine. ;)

After some thinking I decided to give a few suggestions on what to do. Off course the forum must be located near the Manga Mania forum under "Anime & Entertainment" but all posts asking for help in creating a webmanga should maybe get moved to "New Projects and Ideas" perhaps (although it would be reasonable not to move them also - talk about double standards). Also all posters must give some indication on whether there is "questionable content" in their manga. But that's a given. Well, that's all for now. :grin:
bigsleepj

Postby Ashley » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:51 pm

Hmm, well, I suppose you could put this in the links section, but I think you could handle this with a simple (if MASSIVE) "CAA member Webmanga" thread in the Manga section. All in one nice, neat place. ^^
Ashley

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:42 pm

Ashley wrote:Hmm, well, I suppose you could put this in the links section, but I think you could handle this with a simple (if MASSIVE) "CAA member Webmanga" thread in the Manga section. All in one nice, neat place. ^^

Not to be negative but I really hate long threads - its hard to sometimes find what you're looking for in them. It would work for a short time though. Better than randomly searching the forums for old threads to bring back into the light. Still a Member's Manga thread would be much better. :grin:
bigsleepj

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:02 pm

I actually feel this is a generally good idea. It would make things rather easier. I believe that we should take it under discussion as a staff.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:32 pm

I sincerely look forward to the decision pertaining to this matter. ^^
Mave

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:04 pm

I think it's a great idea.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ashley » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:54 pm

Just so everyone knows, I plan to bring this up in the staff meeting Sunday at UC's request.
Ashley

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:08 pm

Thanks for seriously considering it. :)

(and I'm not being sarcastic) ;)
bigsleepj

Return to Announcements and Feedback