Couple of tiny requests. . .

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Couple of tiny requests. . .

Postby MillyFan » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:35 am

First of all I would like to say that this is a wonderful board! I absolutely love it. -^.^-

Now for my requests:

We need spoiler text. Either as buttons, as mouseover, as something-because I would like to talk about animes I've seen without spoiling the plot for people who haven't gotten that far in the series. I know a lot of people don't like spoilers, but for me they're not spoilers since I've either seen the series (or at least have read the full episode guide at theotaku.com as I watch the series) So is there a way that I could discuss things that are spoilerish (character deaths, major plot twists, etc) in full without spoiling people?

Secondly, could we have a thread icon that indicates mixed review? We have a thumbs up and a thumbs down, but in a month or so I will be posting a review of an anime that I like but one that I have some major reservations about recommending (i.e., the art and music are like the very best there is-I love the ending theme-, the plot and characterization are good, but the fanservice is very overdone *cough, cough Faye cough cough* there are some other major drawbacks, and the unedited version and movie from what I hear are both FAR worse than the TV edit. You all probably know what I'm talking about.)

So on that one, I can't in good conscience give it a thumbs-up due to the fanservice and whatnot, but because of the good things about it artistically, I can't give it a solid thumbs-down either, at least in the edit. We really do need a mixed or "???" post icon.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Straylight » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:51 am

I'm gonna add the spoiler button thing - I think that's a great idea. There's already a ? post icon (see my post title) so what kind of thing did you have in mind?
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby MillyFan » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:55 am

Maybe something like a smiley that looks undecided or something. I didn't see the question mark before, but usually it is used in posts when you have a question to ask, not when you are reviewing an anime that has major drawbacks as well as major good points.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Straylight » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:08 am

Sounds good.. it'd have to be 15x15 pixels though. I'll have a look.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Return to Announcements and Feedback