2011 Extreme Reading Challenge

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

2011 Extreme Reading Challenge

Postby Edward » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:27 pm

For my New Year's resolution, I have decided to read 100 books in a year, and was wondering if anyone else was insane enough to try it with me. The only rule is to challenge yourself. Don't just read a bunch of children's books if you know you can do better.

Good luck.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby Nate » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:30 pm

If there were 100 books I was interested in reading I'd probably do it. It equates down to roughly a book every three and a half days or so.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:13 pm

Nate (post: 1449159) wrote:If there were 100 books I was interested in reading I'd probably do it. It equates down to roughly a book every three and a half days or so.

I concur with what he said. I could likely do it, but I can't really think of 100 books I'm interested in... Plus, my own circumstances and being busy would probably keep me from it.

But if you're up for it, go for it! :) I think it's a great goal, Edward!
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Blacklight » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 pm

I must say, that is a pretty awesome goal. Great for you, and I think I'll try it with you but... I just now conferred with my Goodreads bookshelf and... I only have 32 books on my to-read list, some of which my library does not have. I will have to do some major searching to get 100 found, let alone read. But good luck to you, and I'll try hard.
[color="Blue"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Pink"]chatbot 03:36 - Blacklight asks, are you sane?
My answer: It's hard to say, really.[/color]
Blacklight

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:36 pm

I would if it were any other year. This is not a good time in my life to deal with both reading 100 books and school due to last semester's disaster.
Atria35

Postby Nanao » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:38 am

wonderful goal! i currently have almost 40 books on my need to read soon list. i'm sure 60 more wouldn't be hard to come by :lol:
Nanao

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:33 pm

I will probably do this without noticing, especially if I can count books I read once a year or two ago.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Return to Book Corner