Cool find at a used bookstore

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Cool find at a used bookstore

Postby bakura_fan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:17 pm

Well, I like going into used bookstores to look for discarded manga mainly. Well, went into one at the last second after deciding a quick look couldn't hurt. Asked where their manga section was, was pointed to a shelf, where I found...the first...and second volumes of megatokyo! :D 1/2 off the cover price with cool little extras. Both in pretty good condition! I'm really thrilled cause now micah can read em. He's not too into webcomics, but he likes manga so yea! Originally went in looking/hoping for Sailor moon, still happy though. :)
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 pm

The deals that can be found at used bookstores are quite amazing. Over here we have an ARC thrift store with an extensive and well-stocked used book section. Earlier this month I was able to to find The Essential Kierkegaard for a small fraction of the suggested retail price, which pleased me immensely.
GhostontheNet

Postby Angel Tifa » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:48 pm

Yeah used bookstores can be cool ^^. In fact I have one right in town called Cassidys bookstore. It's a small business, but it's been there for so many years and was also here from the time I moved in my town which was almost 12 years ago.

I don't think I bought anything in there, but I have browsed a few times recently to see what they got (also because I haven't been there since my freshman year in high school). It turned out that they had a lot of interesting stuff ^^.
[color="Purple"]God Is Good All The Time :angel:![/color]
Angel Tifa

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:43 pm

Man, I love used bookstores. There's this really cool one about a block from my house. I've found lots of neat stuff there.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:33 am

Aside from things that are on clearance at the more major bookstores, I rarely by a book that's not from a used book store, unless for some reason I absolutely have to have a perfect condition copy of it.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Maledicte » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:25 pm

I love used book stores and thrift stores for this sort of thing. I once found a brand new copy of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell for $3 and the 10th anniversary edition of Frank Peretti's The Oath for $2.

Though, I've noticed that the Left Behind books find their way into these places in bulk numbers.
Maledicte

Postby bakura_fan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:30 pm

SirThinks2Much (post: 1203711) wrote:I love used book stores and thrift stores for this sort of thing. I once found a brand new copy of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell for $3 and the 10th anniversary edition of Frank Peretti's The Oath for $2.

Though, I've noticed that the Left Behind books find their way into these places in bulk numbers.

Yeah. However, the abundance of Harry Potter books was quite surprising. Even the newest one.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Sheenar » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:32 pm

I found a devotional book of Hymns for 25 cents. Score!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Used bookstores and Friends of the Library sales are sometimes the best places to find bargains.
mitsuki lover

Postby Maledicte » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Ooh library sales. I forgot about those. Also great places to find books.
Maledicte

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:14 pm

I love used books. Nothing better than a Star Wars hardback for a dollar XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby animewarrior » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:21 pm

lol I have like nooooo bookstores around where I live. It really sucks. I havta wait until my parents decide to go to the city. >.< you ppl are lucky
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Return to Book Corner