Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows aka HP book 7

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows aka HP book 7

Postby Sai » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:00 pm

Hey all, *Does a dance* What do you think of the new title??? And more importantly what do you think will happen????? I personally I am having difficulty getting used to the title Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Rogie » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:30 pm

I'm just excited that a title has been revealed. I think the title reflects the likelihood that this book will take us further away from Hogwarts than we have in past titles.

Can't wait!
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby memmer66 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:20 pm

I <3 Harry Potter. I know a lot of Christians (pretty much my entire Church) don't like HP but I like it a lot. I personally don't see them actually performing witchcraft.
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Ryuketsu/battleroyale.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Best Beginning To A Review EVER: The fact that I watched this movie after eating poisonous mushrooms only went to enhance the realism :lol:
memmer66

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:42 pm

Hmm... Well, the titles have never been all that great... Deathly Hollows just doesn't seem like an End book to me, but I'm not her. Titles are just titles, though. Now we have to figure out exactly what it's referring to. I guessed and guessed on the Half Blood Prince, and never came close, though I do believe I saw someone guess the right answer to that before release... Anyhow... Does she say how long?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:06 pm

It's Hallows not Hollows.
Hallow basically meaning to bless,sanctify,etc.
Or more likely it could be a reference to Halloween which sounds more likely.
She is also reported to have admitted that one more major character bites the
dust in it.My prediction is it will be Hagrid or Snape.
mitsuki lover

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:12 pm

Did you watch the interview? It's on youtube... Two major characters die she didn't intend on dying when she started, and... Well, you just need to either watch it yourself or wait for the book... It's definately more than one person dying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aMKbiqWLKU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Rogie » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:15 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:It's Hallows not Hollows.
Hallow basically meaning to bless,sanctify,etc.
Or more likely it could be a reference to Halloween which sounds more likely.

Oh, good catch there, ML. Guess I should have looked more closely. It's a far more interesting title now that I take that into account.

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Rogie

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:43 pm

I can't wait to read it!
And I'm quite sure that Rowling doesn't mean to be offensive. I read somewhere that she's actually a closet Christian. Perhaps if she was more open about her faith, her works wouldn't cause so much problems.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby memmer66 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:26 am

How do I do a little box for spoilers?
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Ryuketsu/battleroyale.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Best Beginning To A Review EVER: The fact that I watched this movie after eating poisonous mushrooms only went to enhance the realism :lol:
memmer66

Postby Rogie » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:16 am

Reply to this message and see the code I'm using below.

[spoiler]this is the spoiler[/spoiler]

Hope that helps!

Rogie

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:46 pm

I just finished book six, and it surprised me how realistically she has portrayed every person involved. People do things that aren't perfectly moral and get away with it, as many of us Christians do. She balances the characters so they aren't perfect but are understandable, relatable, and important.

But man, that plot line. I never know where she is going - which amazes me because I find myself always guessing what will happen next. I'm almost always wrong. But with the seventh, with the way she has written the previous, it was fairly apparent that characters were going to die, and some that we don't want to die. Now who that is, I don't know. I have SO many thoughts, but of course, it's just speculation, and I'm again probably wrong.

Cheers to Rowling for an infinitely addicting series that is well worth the time spent.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:20 pm

i've read the first six books but they were never really on my "Favorite Books" list. though they were pretty entertaining, i find harry potter to be very overrated. i found quite a bit of flaws or aspects of the series that kept me from fully enjoying it. however, the seventh book should be pretty interesting. though by far, probably the most violent and disturbing of the series.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:57 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Did you watch the interview? It's on youtube... Two major characters die she didn't intend on dying when she started, and... Well, you just need to either watch it yourself or wait for the book... It's definately more than one person dying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aMKbiqWLKU

If it's character deaths that she hasn't planned then it's probably not one of the trio since such a substantial death would probably be in the plan. That's not to say one of them still won't die... but w/e. =] I can't wait for this book!!
Kawaiikneko

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:47 pm

It sounds like Harry has a disease of some sort called the deathly hollows...

Aside from that I'm really looking forward to the resolution of the series. She's proven to be entertainingly unpredictable.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:54 pm

The scene in Book 6 where Harry turns on Malfoy and slices open his face really shocked me. But it also showed that Harry made mistakes (was human) and wasn't prissy.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby narutofreak » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:57 pm

I can not wait for Book 7
narutofreak

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:27 pm

Actually, I think this is one of the better titles. It sounds as though it could potentially be meaningful or at least have to do with the central "quest" of the novel. Unlike Bobtheduck, I think it does sound like a good last title, albeit one that implies a darker ending. Now all I hope is that it turns out to be significant... I thought Half-Blood Prince was a poor choice.

Rogie wrote:I think the title reflects the likelihood that this book will take us further away from Hogwarts than we have in past titles.

That is certainly my hope.
uc pseudonym

Postby MusicRocksGBV » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:51 am

Personally, I am reserving judgment. I am a HP rp'er with friends when I can get the chance and I have gained a further love of the books. I was never an avid follower, but I've always loved them...they hooked me from the beginning, just so many others that I know IRL...I don't know what the "Deathly Hallows" hints at, but it does hint at a cleansing in some respects, don't you think? I have found with her books, you don't even understand the title until you are about to the middle or towards the end of the book...I'm sure it'll be great though! ^_^
"No matter how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew." -Lulu, FFX
I don't believe in luck because God doesn't gamble.
MusicRocksGBV

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:02 am

Hey MusicRocks, why not join our RP? We need a Hermione!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:14 am

update everyone! The final book will be out July 21!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:13 am

rocklobster wrote:update everyone! The final book will be out July 21!

Did you see the pricing list? $34.99 being the cheapest copy, and the collectors edition for $60. Whoa. They're really going out with a bang, aren't they?
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Sai » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:24 pm

Shnikies.... my hands are shaking so its hard to type.. Amazon has it on preorder for 18 something or other... As for me I will go at midnight to meijer where I have always gotten the new HP for about 15 dollars.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:07 pm

SHOOT! $35?? Well...I'll probably get it anyways <.<;;

I'll be on Operation Barnabas at that time (a ministry trip that lasts 8 weeks) so I don't know if I'll get it right away. Some people might be offended by it, so I may not be able to read it until I get home.
Kawaiikneko

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:42 pm

Is it really time for another book that soon? I thought it had been longer since the most recent. In any case, the price doesn't bother me because I had no intention of doing anything other than borrowing it from a friend.
uc pseudonym

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:23 pm

Time to get in line to reserve a copy.
mitsuki lover

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:02 pm

Well I think it's about time to bring up this topic again, getting so close^^
Strange, found on a site that Walmart is having a "vow of silence" to not spoil the ending. But if it's a vow of silence, does that mean someone TOLD them beforehand, or if they read it themselves not to say anything? *shrugs* A little strange, if you ask me.

Well, I'm going to pick up my copy, probably on Sunday though. if there's any left (NO WAY am I fighting through lines :/ I'm not THAT desperate...) Besides, since I never got through The Order, reading through that now before my theatre shows the movie, and still need to find a hardcover copy of Half Blood since at the time I was like "meh" and didn't pick it up, although I should've...

At first I was just going to seek spoilers for the last one to see just WHAT happens, but since curiosity ruined things for the 2 bigs deaths in the last two, I think I'll try hard not to look and eventually get through it myself^^ Lost the element of surprise before, so I don't want it to happen again^^ ...I'm hoping Harry dies though, he's such a whiner even though he has had traumatic adventures, I can't stand another Shinji-esque character.... :/
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:19 pm

I work at the local borders, and we were one of the first stores in the country to start the HP release party thing (not THE first mind you), and this year is gonna be bigger than ever. I'm thoroughly stoked. I'm dressing up as Snape and teaching a potions class.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:46 am

ON PAGE 835 of DEATHLY HALLOWS, DOBBY KILLLS THE DURSLEYS BY ACCIDENT...

Well, no he doesn't, but I am going to have to stay off CAA until I read it... I want to avoid spoilers as much as possible...

I had it spoiled for me with HBP due to my own curiosity... I am trying my hardest not to have this one spoiled for me, either by my own fault or someone being stupid and spilling the beans on CAA or PS3 forums or Kotaku or whatever...
Bobtheduck

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:28 am

Heh, I remember there was this one video around the time when Half Blood Prince came out and some jerk guy drove by a Borders' and shouted to the line up [spoiler] SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!!!!!!![/spoiler] Someone was SO mad they were like "Nooooo! You *****!!!" It was actually kinda funny, but would suck if I were some type of hardcore fan.

BTW are the prices of the book STILL that much in America? Just noticed the post where it said they would be $34 USD. At my store, we did pre orders for $33 CAD, but now well, it's (probably a sale of) $29 (AND if you trade n' save with your points card, you can knock it down to $19^^... Unfortunately I'm not there yet^^)

Picked up Half Blood Prince yesterday since the hardcovers are SO hard to find now (lousy paperback...) Didn't realize it was at it's $43 full price >_< Ah well...
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:56 am

Through a weird connection I will not bother explaining, I know some HP fangirls who have the book. The lending chain will get to me before too long, though I'm not particularly rabid to get the book. So I shall be reading this at some point and ignoring spoiler tags until then.
uc pseudonym

Next

Return to Book Corner