Animation Question!

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Animation Question!

Postby Asuka Neko » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:36 pm

I need help finding a good animation program! I'm planning on making a short video for school that will be animated, and I wanted to know if anyone had heard of some good programs. I would prefer if I found a free program also, since I'm really only going to be using it for one thing at the moment. Thanks for any suggestions!
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:03 pm

What are you trying to do with this program exactly? Miku Miku Dance is great since it has decent looking models available and a good physics engine, but it may not be what you are looking for. Here's a link to show what it's capable of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVJWth-HOhE
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby steenajack » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:37 pm

I found this!
http://www.plasticanimationpaper.dk/

The guy who is making the Game Plan anime reccommended it. It's good for 2D animation, and apparently it's free. It's for Windows though in case that'll be an issue (cause I'm not sure if you have a Mac or whatever). But, I hope this was of help to you.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Asuka Neko » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks very much! I actually already found a program I'm using, but thank you for the suggestion anyways!
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Postby Furen » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Gimp or Gimp portable, very easy to use and free.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Asuka Neko » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:33 pm

*loves GIMP* YES! GIMP is amazing! Except for when it randomly freezes on you and deletes the picture you've been working on ALL DAY! (This happened to me yesterday)
~My Website~
Asuka Neko

Return to Tutorials