Questiosn about Coming of Age in Mississippi

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Questiosn about Coming of Age in Mississippi

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:40 pm

I'm working on a paper for the book Coming of Age in Mississippi, Anne Moody's autobiographical text, and I have a few questions. What were two incidents in her life, prior to college age, that influenced her involvement with the civil rights movement?
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Midori » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:51 pm

That sounds rather general. Are you trying to write a paper without having read the book or something? Or are you having trouble deciding on two particular incidents? Or you can't figure out how any of the incidents relate to her involvement?
Midori

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:56 pm

Well, the only clear incident I have is the one involving Emmet Till. And I didn't read the whole book, that could be one thing. :sweat: Haha.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Read the book, or at least the Cliffs notes for crying out loud.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:23 pm

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/comingofage/

If you're going to cheat... cheat better.
USSRGirl

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Haha, it's not cheating! He told us we could use the internet :) Just didn't specify what resources. Thanks, I've got it now.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

Destroyer2000

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:33 pm

Destroyer2000 (post: 1273323) wrote:Haha, it's not cheating! He told us we could use the internet :) Just didn't specify what resources. Thanks, I've got it now.

Wait, you honestly think that it's not cheating to get your answers for a BOOK REPORT from Internet resources rather than, you know, the book itself?

I have to ask if you're familiar with the idea of a book report.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Destroyer2000 (post: 1273301) wrote:I'm working on a paper for the book Coming of Age in Mississippi, Anne Moody's autobiographical text, and I have a few questions. What were two incidents in her life, prior to college age, that influenced her involvement with the civil rights movement?

... Why would we know this?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby RidleyofZebes » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Anyone besides me think this thread should be in Tutorials? Yes? No?
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby F.M Disciple » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:51 pm

:thumb: I agree,

this thread would be better suited for the tutorial section of the website.
F.M Disciple

Postby Stephen » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:36 pm

*front kicks the thread to the Tutorial section*

Powah. Lots of powah.
Stephen

Postby Sohma » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 pm

This thread . . . it's so full of haterzzzzz. D=

I hope you do well in your book report, regardless, lol ^u^.
[SIZE="6"]ily.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Genesis 27:4
"When you prepare the tasty food that I love, bring it to me, and I will eat. Then I will bless you before I die."[/SIZE]
Sohma

Postby goldenspines » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:05 am

This sounds a lot more like a trivia game show than wanting help for a paper. XDD
Will you give me a million dollars if I give you the right answer? :p

All joking aside, I agree with Mech, reading the book will take away most of your troubles on this. Or if you're looking for a particular point in this lady's life, look in the table of contents(of the book) and find the chapter that will give you the answers. ^_^
If you do read the whole book and still cannot find the answers you're looking for, then you can move to researching in other books about this lady(or about the Civil Rights Movement) and even online if you wish. I personally like sticking to the printed sources(books, news articles, etc.) since not all online sources are credible and it can be rather trying to sort the good from the bad. But whatever you like. ^_^

Happy researching!
goldenspines

Return to Tutorials