Video Game and anime clips

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Video Game and anime clips

Postby KBMaster » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:20 pm

My sister's going to order my MP3 player sometime around the beginning of the month, and I want to put some clips on it for a 14 hour car trip. I tried looking for video game clips(particularly Final Fantasy), but couldn't find any that a.) worked or b.) wasn't in a .zip file. Well, save for some FF7 ones that I might go back an fetch.... although it doesn't go past the first disc.... I also tried Bluelaguna.net and for some reason, it wouldn't work....

I'm afraid to look for anime clips, for the obvious reason.

Oh, and it has to be in .avi format.

Oh, and it would also be a plus if I didn't get any viruses...

So if you know any sites that contain anime or video game clips, I would be happy and not have to rip my hair out during the car trip. Which I will, because my dad will yell if we get too loud and then my brothers will get cranky and we are transporting 5-6 animals, depending on whether or not my sister keeps her dog here....

Oh, I don't think clips of anime are against the rules, but please don't link to full episodes because that IS against the rules.

Thanks!
KBMaster

Postby KBMaster » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:30 pm

No one? Ok, how about just the FF9 ending?
KBMaster

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:56 pm

In an effort to give you some response, I will say a few things that hopefully will be marginally helpful. First, why are .zip files a problem? Is there a reason you can't simply decompress them before transfer to your mp3 player? Also, in what format do you need these clips?
uc pseudonym

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:02 pm

KBMaster wrote:No one? Ok, how about just the FF9 ending?

If I knew where to find FFIX .avi files, I'd already have every cutscene from that game on my desktop.

At least I've got the Full Throttle fan movie.
Fish and Chips

Postby KBMaster » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:19 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:In an effort to give you some response, I will say a few things that hopefully will be marginally helpful. First, why are .zip files a problem? Is there a reason you can't simply decompress them before transfer to your mp3 player? Also, in what format do you need these clips?

I need them in AVI. I figured out how to turn other clips into .avis. Zips aren't a problem, as I have figured out. To turn them into AVIs I just put them in Windows Movie Maker and resave them. They're a LOT bigger than WMAs.

I can find the clips for IX, just not any other final fantasy. My computer doesn't support .Mov for some reason.
If I knew where to find FFIX .avi files, I'd already have every cutscene from that game on my desktop.

At least I've got the Full Throttle fan movie.

http://www.ffinsider.net/ff9/movies.php is where I got my FMVs from. You can turn them into AVIs as I stated above. They don't have the ending though.

Thanks for the replies.
KBMaster

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:24 pm

KBMaster wrote:http://www.ffinsider.net/ff9/movies.php is where I got my FMVs from. You can turn them into AVIs as I stated above. They don't have the ending though.

Thanks for the replies.

*Gratitude.*
Fish and Chips

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:00 pm

With the proper codecs I think you could play most formats in WMP and resave them in .avi format. If you can do that your options should open up. The following two sites promise a good selection, but I can't afford to test them right now and (in the case of the former) don't want to make an account:
http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=41442&v=90003
http://www.ffinsider.net/ (select a game then find the "movies" link)

I don't like to post links I haven't confirmed are good, but hopefully these will help in some way.
uc pseudonym

Postby KBMaster » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:16 pm

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be difficult. But the first link is comprised mainly of music videos and the second has the same videos that the link I gave FaC has(they get their videos from the same place). ^^;

How do I get codecs? BlueLaguna.net has a bunch of clips, but I don't have the codecs. Whatever codecs are. :angel:

EDIT: I just looked and the second link you gave me IS the link I gave FaC. :lol:
KBMaster

Postby Maledicte » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:39 pm

Why do you need them to be .avi? As I recall, you're getting a Creative mp3 player. If memory serves me, the clips will have to be converted anyway, into mpeg4s. Mpegs are quite small, smaller than WMVs, I converted an 14.2mb WMV into a 12.3 mpeg.

You can download MediaCoder for free, as it converts any kind of video into the format the Zen uses specifically.
Maledicte

Postby KBMaster » Tue May 01, 2007 5:36 am

Really? I read that they only supported .avis!! Who's been lying to me?! :O

Okay, I'll look into the mediacoder thing.
KBMaster

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 01, 2007 5:48 pm

That's what I get for not being thorough. I only checked FFXII, and as it so happens that's the only one not overrun by music videos. You can get the opening animation for the game there, anyway, which will take down your trip by all of six minutes.

KBMaster wrote:Whatever codecs are.

Files that allow media players to actually play media. If you can't play a format or only audio/visual works, it's probably because you're missing a codec. But if you have the codecs necessary, you can generally change something into a variety of formats. The MediaCoder program sounds like a simpler way to go about it.
uc pseudonym

Postby Maledicte » Tue May 01, 2007 8:36 pm

The Zen supports .avi, .divx, .wmv, and .mpeg. What that really means is that its included converter software will convert the first three file types into mpegs.

I'd still suggest getting MediaCoder though, even though the Zen comes with the software; it's been in my experience (and I'm not alone) that the Zen converter fritzes out for no apparent reason.

Best o' luck :thumb:
Maledicte

Postby SolidÃ…rmor » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:26 pm

If you are looking for clips like anime videos and such, you might consider joining AnimeMusicVideo.org. Almost all the videos there are avi formatted, just download and save to your mp3 player.

I have a SanDisk Sansa 8gig mp3 player and have 10 videos saved on it (avi format), and tons of music. Haven't had a problem at all.
Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share your name
Bless me indeed
Let your hand keep me
from harm and pain
Bless me
Bless me
SolidÃ…rmor

Return to Tutorials