The Forgotten

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: The Forgotten

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:37 pm

"Please stop it!" Kaya cried, surprised at the childish sound of her own voice. "Please! It's our first time together, and tensions may be high, but please let's not fight each other! Soon enough, we'll all be dying together, so can we just get along?" Her voice was cracking, and she was choking back tears. She was very ashamed of those tears, as she was a proud kind of person, but the pressure had been high since she signed her name on the List of Damnation, as she'd laughingly referred to it only hours ago. She felt all eyes on her and added, feeling ridiculous, "I'm sorry. I have no right -" and sat cross-legged on the floor again. She didn't dare move her eyes from the ground for a while, but then she glanced around the room again. She suddenly felt completely alone. If she died, not a person in the world would shed a tear, and though that fact hadn't previously bothered her, it now made her shudder. But she wasn't accustomed to making small talk. Or any kind of talk, for that matter. But, feeling determined, and more inclined to speak after her first outburst, she chose a person whom she wanted to befriend, sidled inch by inch until she was next to them (being a tall, noticeable woman, it was awkwardly obvious), cleared her throat, and tried to form a decent introductory sentence in her head. In the end, she simply stood uncomfortably close, and tried not to make eye contact.
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Slowly, he glanced away from the woman to the timid-looking girl, who begged them to stop. He felt a small bit of respect for the kid, suddenly. For being so nervous, she still spoke up, which was more than he could say for most. Smirking, he shrugged.
"My apologies," he said, performing a small bow. "I spoke out of turn." His eyes, however, remained focused on Tammy. 'This isn't over' they said, and he knew she knew it too. "My name is Roxas. Roxas Ariza. A pleasure to meet all of you."
With that, he returned his gaze to the fire, the leaping flames reflecting off his blue eyes. "I have to make this work," he decided finally. "For my siblings' sake...I have to make this work."
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Vivienne watched silently as a rebellious boy that looked a little younger than herself began to spark conflict with a woman who said she would be their leader. Luckily, another girl, who looked somewhat similar to the older woman, stepped in and got them to stop.
Vivienne sighed. How could they have found a reason to not get along already? They hadn't even been here for five minutes and they were already arguing. There was just no getting along with some people, she supposed.
When it seemed an acceptable time to talk, Vivienne spoke up, addressing the older woman. "Um... do we have a safe room here, or something? Like, somewhere concrete, or steel to work in? Maybe separated from the rest of the house?" She asked. People had a tendency to get uncomfortable when she worked on her bombs out in the open, so the first thing she should do would be to secure a good workshop.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:40 am

Tammy returned the look. The feeling's mutual. However, realizing this wasn't the time or place, she backed down, sighing resignedly. Looking around at the rest of the group, she observed the young woman who had begged them to stop fighting.
Day one and I've already gotten off on the wrong foot with all these kids. Figures...
Though honestly, they could hardly be called kids. There were a couple teenagers, but most of them looked to be in their twenties at least, and the fellow in the suit was at least as old as Tammy herself. Something about that made Tammy feel threatened in her position...
Shrugging off the feeling, Tammy turned to reply to a question that was probably her jurisdiction to answer. There stood a rather small girl whom Tammy had somehow managed to overlook. She was a veritable shrimp, really. In fact, Tammy found it surprising the girl hadn't been rejected. They'd take anything these days, huh?
"Yeah, there's a trapdoor under that mat that leads to the cellar," Tammy said, in noticeably more civil of a voice than she had originally addressed the group. If she could just come to an understanding with these people, maybe she could keep from losing her temper at every turn.
Tammy jerked a thumb toward a corner of the room where a simple mat rested, then turned back to the girl, taking in her equipment.
"What's your name?" She asked, then added, "I get that you're trying to stay out people's way and all, but it's meant for safety in case of an unexpected attack, so turning it into your personal test tube of doom isn't really ideal."
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:20 pm

Vivienne frowned at the woman, Tammy, as she introduced herself. She didn't know who Vivienne was? Vivienne thought everybody knew who she was. She had heard people saying that, aside from animals and starvation, Vivienne herself, the walking time bomb, was the most likely thing to kill them all off. That could have been just fearful whisperings, but still.
At Tammy's second statement, Vivienne looked down, slightly abashed; turning the safe room into her own personal test tube of doom was precisely what she had been planning to do, really, but put that way it was probably best for her to just walk to her old shed when she had to work, sentimental goodbye and long trip aside.
It took Vivienne a few seconds to remember there was a question on the table.
"Ah! M-my name is, um, Vivienne. Or, Vivi. Or, not..." She stammered, embarrassed, giving a quick bob of her head in a 'pleased to meet you' kind of way. Well, nobody was moving to the next room or taking cover yet, so this was going well so far.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:16 pm

"Then we'll call you Vivi," Roxas told her decisively. Turning, he poked around in the fireplace a minute, then said, "I'm outside. Back in a few." and he vanished out the door before anyone could say anything further.
He leapt up, grabbing the edge of the roof, and pulled himself up. Sitting on the edge, he leaned back and stared at the stars, lost in his own thoughts.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Smittyblack » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:24 pm

((Is it too late for me to join? This looks really fun. It looks like OP hasn't posted in a while though...))

EDIT: ((Took my signature out. And, my bad: the first page says not to post OOC. :sweat: ))
Smittyblack

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Tammy sighed when the boy left. She didn't even want to bother trying to make things right with him. If he was going to be ridiculous, that was his choice. She didn't have the patience at the moment.
Taking a deep breath, Tammy tried to force herself to relax. Turning to the well-dressed fellow, she nodded.
"Would it be a bother if I asked for a cup?"
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Kaya was scanning the room half-heartedly when a black haired girl introduced herself to Tammy. "The walking time bomb, huh?" She thought. "Well, I guess being blown to kingdom come is as good as any other way to die." Still, she felt a little bit glad she was there. Recognizing even a single face meant a lot to her, even though she had never talked to Vivi. Feeling a little less despairing, she suddenly became restless, and slipped out the door to climb to the roof. "I hope it's sturdy," she thought as she searched the walls for some footing to make her way up. Finding a good spot, she made her way up, slowly, and eventually found herself at the top. She saw someone was up there already. "Hey, sorry for... um... interrupting your solitude," she said softly. "mind if I join you?"
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:25 pm

OOC - dang, sorry its been so long guys.

Roxas glanced over, surprised. When did they get up here? What was her name anyway? He didn't remember if she'd been introduced or not.
"Um, sure, go right ahead." As there was room, he didn't bother moving. He watched her out of the corner of his eye though, curious.
"So...what is your name? I'm sorry, if you already said it, I missed it."

Wolfsong

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying