A New Dawn

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: A New Dawn

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 15, 2013 1:50 pm

"Arren!" Reveka instantly ran over and shoved the sheep back, away from her brother. It stumbled, but when she pushed it again, it tipped over. Ignoring its bleating cries she hurried to Arren. "Are you alright?!"
Then what Talos said finally soaked in, and she recognized the humor of the situation. Helplessly, she broke down laughing.
Ethinine grinned. "If you're right, then I get the feeling we've a lot to look forward to." He turned to Callysta. "What would you like to do?"

OOC- fair warning guys, I"ve no idea what to do!!! Most of this story is open-ended so...if you guys wanna take off and have a blast, be my guest. Or I could stage an attack on this place and we'd all have to run to save our skins, its your choice. Just have fun, that's all I ask.

Jadis finally managed to escape the nobles, ran to a spot on the edge of town, and tore the fancy clothes off. "I HATE those stupid people!" he hissed as he quickly changed back into his comfortable clothes. The fancy stuff, he tossed into a nearby thicket. "Let some needy begger find them! I don't care!" he snapped. Quickly, he trotted off into the woods, only to run into Nigal. He gave him a glare, which Nigal ignored. "What are you doing here?"
"Just came for a little fresh air," Nigal replied calmly. He smiled faintly. "You still haven't forgiven me yet, right?"
Jadis sighed, then shook his head. "I understand your reasoning, but I'm still mad. That man hasn't done a thing for us. He just sits there on the throne, makes the lamest laws and battle plans known to mankind, and pretends the credit's all his when we finally just ignore his plan and do something of our own. He has no brains, no guts, no nothing. He jumps at his own shadow."
"Not all men are Demetrius," Nigal mentioned quietly. Jadis shut up. Nigal looked up at the sky, noting the sun. Late afternoon heat beat down on them, but he didn't seem to mind, or to sweat. Jadis looked at him a moment.
"You knew him, didn't you?"
"Yeah, kind of. He was a secretive man, keeping his thoughts to himself. Understandable, he'd spent too much time locked in place in the fight of Light and Dark, with his soul hanging in the balance. He kept himself locked inside himself, and would not show for most people. I was lucky he trusted me enough with what he did tell me." He sighed softly. "I wonder where he is now."
"I'll bet anything he's still out there, kicking the Dark's tail around," Jadis replied, grinning. Nigal grinned back.
"Well, when you're done contemplating, I'll see you back at the base." and Nigal walked off.
Jadis sighed, and leaned back against a tree. He figured he'd stay out till nightfall, and let the fresh air drag the nastiness of this afternoon away.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed May 15, 2013 2:05 pm

She blinked a couple times, eyes connected with Ethinine's for a moment. Callysta smiled like everything was right with the world "I don't know. There's just.. So much to do!" She laughed.

OOC: Okay, seriously, I'm going to try to make these longer. .u." Oh, Hm.. Should we vote? XD
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:22 pm

OOC: See, this is why Wolfy is so fun to have as a GM. As for what happens next... Eh, I'll just go with whatever.

Arren sat up, grimacing, waving his hands in an 'all good' manner. "Yes, yes, I'm fine." He said, while checking himself to confirm it. No broken bones, bruises, or blood, but... "Light, these things smell terrible." He said as he stood up, then looked at Reveka to see what was so funny, and at the same time he saw the sheep lying there, swinging it's legs in a feeble attempt to right itself. Just then, he was also seized by the humor of the absurd situation and also burst out in laughter.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 15, 2013 2:35 pm

OOC- thanks Odd. okay, you guys asked for it. here we go...

All around them, suddenly, people were running, grabbing whatever they could and hurrying away, some on foot, some on horseback, others in wagons. Etho shrank back, looking around. "What's going on?" he asked, then gasped as he saw the horizon.
Coming toward them was a dark cloud. But, unlike a normal cloud which settles softly and blankets an area, this thing was rushing foward like a wave, and there was a huge shadow like a tidal wave rising over them. Etho's eyes widened. "We have to get out of here!" he cried.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed May 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Callysta's laughter abruptly stopped, then she squeaked, obviously shocked and slightly frightened. "What is that?!" She looked back at Arren, Reveka, then Talos. Her eyes were clouded with fear, Callysta couldn't think! "Um, um.. Running would be good!" She yelled. She just forgot all things around her, grabbed anything nearby, which was one of the others' hand "Where should we run?" She glanced back in panic.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:53 pm

"Thank you, I couldn't deduce that for myself!" Arren said sarcastically in response to the other two stating how good it would be for them to run. He grabbed Reveka's hand, squeezing it for a second to make sure her attention was on him and not just the cloud, "Come ob, let's go!" He said, running in the opposite direction of the cloud Reveka in tow.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed May 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Shaddoc stopped whittling the stick he was tinkering with when he heard voices. He tried not to eavesdrop on the conversation, especially once he realized it was Jadis and Nigal. But it was hard to not hear from his position. He was draped comfortably over the limbs of a large oak tree, casually carving a stick with his knife. He was just trying to figure out whether to remain silent or announce himself when Nigal started walking away. Shaddoc shrugged and leaned back, closing his eyes. He'd debated about staying after the ceremony, but between the huge crowds and stuffy clothing, he'd opted for getting out as quick as he could and cooling off. The day was too nice to spend cramped up in town, even as warm as it was. He'd swapped out his long-sleeved shirt for a simple black tunic, to ward off the heat, and now he was just enjoying the breeze.
Shaddoc opened his eyes again when he heard the sound of soft footsteps. He looked down and saw that Jadis was still there, and was leaning against the very tree he was sitting in. His mouth twitched in a small smirk, and he eyed the canteen he had resting in his lap. The mature thing would have been to call out to Jadis and come down. But that whole ordeal at the ceremony - seeing Jadis so genuinely uncomfortable, with all that attention and ridiculous fancy clothing- had put Shaddoc in a strange mood, and he couldn't help himself. As quiet and reserved as Shaddoc seemed, he did have a mischevous streak in him that showed once in a rare while.
Without moving, for fear of being heard, Shaddoc quietly aligned the canteen with Jadis' head, and watched with satisfaction as a stream of water hit its target.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Ethinine's eyes widened; Callysta had grabbed his hand. "W-w-well, I, uh," he struggled to bring his thoughts to bear. This wasn't the time to think of such things, darn it!
After a moment, he decided to just agree. "Run!' he said, and hurried back toward the forest, and inadvertently toward the cave, dragging Callysta with him.
Reveka froze, instantly, at the sight of the cloud. All of a sudden, her dream came back to her, in all its dark and terrible glory. "You can run, but you can never hide. You cannot escape what Fate had laid out for you. You are MINE, Bearer of the White Wings!"
She let Arren drag her away, trying to bring her feet to run, but her gaze remained focused on the wave of darkness rolling toward them.

Jadis gasped as he was instantly drenched. He lept away, whirling with his swords drawn. When he saw Shaddoc, he grimaced. "Oh, you. Back to torment me again?" Angrily, he shoved his swords back into their places and crossed his arms. Cocking an eyebrow at Shaddoc, and slowly becoming himself again, he asked, "So you gonna apologize or am I going to leave now?"
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed May 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Shaddoc stifled a laugh, turning it into an awkward cough. He quickly regained his composure, and the moment of humor blew away on the breeze. He took his bow out of the nook it was settled in and swung it over his shoulder before smoothly descending to stand next to Jadis. He leaned his bow against the tree and shoved his hands in his pockets.
"I only did it for your good," he said. "And I don't think you could have turned down a request from Nigal, either." When he didn't get a response from Jadis, he sighed.
"I'm sorry. A true friend would rather share his comrade's afflictions than cause them."
Last edited by ClaecElric4God on Wed May 15, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Jadis found himself grinning. "Nah, Nigal would probably have knocked you around a little if you'd tried to help me. Surely you remember what happened if I was impudent, back at the training sessions?" He started laughing. "You learn to respect Nigal fast, though not just because of his strong arm."
He smiled faintly, then asked, "So...haven't seen you since I went off to the battlefield back at Neram. How are you?"
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed May 15, 2013 3:37 pm

She felt herself being dragged, she glanced at the person, it was Etho. They were running towards a cave, when they entered it was dark and sort of damp. She panted, then glanced at Etho again "T-thanks Etho! That could've been bad." she said, hand still latched tightly in his hand. Callysta looked around, then said quietly "Where'd Arren and Reveka go?.."

Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 15, 2013 3:42 pm

OOC- Um, I'd meant the cave that led them there. But what the hey, I can improvise.
Say, new world boundaries. I have something to work with!! Thanks Koneko! :hug:

Ethinine glanced around, then said, "I've no clue, but we need to stop up the entrace. We can't let that find us!" Quickly, he tried weaving a shield of every element he could get his hands on over the entrance, but he couldn't hold it up, he was so frazzled. He groaned in frustration. "Shout for them," he suggested. "I'll try to finish the shield. Please hurry guys, please..."
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed May 15, 2013 3:55 pm

OOC: There's a ditzy Kone moment XD sorry Wolfie.
Haha, S'no problem! I didn't even realize what you meant until I read that, then I was like.. 'Facepalm' XD *Hug*

Callysta nodded "Okay.", she felt so shaken up that stumbled up a few steps. She took a huge breath, like it was her last then.. "REVEKA!! ARREN!!" She stayed silent for a few seconds.
Until Callysta shouted again "GUYS!! ARREN, TALOS, REVEKA!!" It seemed a lot more like a scream to be honest, but she couldn't help the panic taking over her voice.

Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 15, 2013 4:01 pm

OOC: What?! But I thought every world only had one cave!

Arren ran as fast as he could, pulling Reveka with him. He was more athletic than his sister, and could therefore run faster, but he kept his speed in check so as not to leave her behind. A cave soon came into view, and he could see Callysta and Etho inside, and Callysta was shouting for them. He looked over his shoulder as he ran toward the cave, seeing the cloud had nearly caught up with them. He ran as fast as he could, pretty much dragging Reveka with him now, he was just glad the ground was mostly grass and soft dirt so her feet wouldn't be hurt. When they got close to the cave, he swung his arm forward and practically threw Reveka inside, before diving in himself.
"Etho, get a shield up, now!" He barked, although that was probably what the older boy was trying to do, but telling him to do it too couldn't hurt.
Oddood198

Postby syphon » Wed May 15, 2013 5:35 pm

In confusion of unexcteped events talos quickly gathered his thoughts and saw the the group running toward a cave. He looked around making sure no one was left behind. He then ran to the cave himself and soon made it in. "Hey guys! Please tell me your all ok! Im sorry i hesitated a bit there, i never seen anything like it."

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed May 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Callysta breathed a sigh of relief, she kneeled down so she could check if Reveka was okay, she hugged her "You okay, Rev?" She asked worried while her eyes inspected them, just making sure they were okay. She looked up at Arren, Arren was most likely okay, his strong spirit usually kept him out of too much harm. She smiled "You alright, Arren?", Callysta was expecting a smart remark. Then Talos entered "Geez, I was wondering where you were! Are you okay?" She said hugging Talos lightly, then realized the situation again "Well.. I'm glad we're all here.. But, this isn't the exact moment for this." Callysta glanced at Ethinine "You can do this Etho." Her gaze landed on the entrance of the cave.. '...I sure hope this ends well.'

OOC: Wow, this post felt rushed. ^^"

Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed May 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Shaddoc faintly smiled, thinking of all the times he'd watched Jadis on the receiving end of Nigal's fury when they were younger. Of course, he'd experienced it himself, but not the way Jadis had, in training, and he'd been smart enough not to rub Nigal the wrong way on a regular basis. He was relieved that Jadis had gotten over it so quickly, and even more relieved for a subject change. He leaned back against the tree and breathed deeply.
"It has been a while, hasn't it?" He noted. "I've been well. Making decisions." Shaddoc breathed deeply, enjoying the fresh air and the sound of the wind in the trees. Decisions, indeed. Suddenly he was glad that he'd managed to catch Jadis alone. This was the perfect time to address the subject he'd been contemplating ever since Jadis had gone to Neram to fight the darkness.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Thu May 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Everyone was here. So why cuoldn't he get the shield up?
Ethinine struggled, while Arren yelled at him and Callysta encouraged him. Talos asked if they were okay, and Reveka looked like she'd seen a ghost. They needed him. He had to protect them!
This time, instead of trying to force the shield to conform, he began by building it to fit, by carefully aligning it with the rocks. Softly then, he filled in the space. Earth was primary, for strength and solidity, and there was plenty of Wind, though he wasn't yet sure what it was for...ah yes...weaving it through the cracks, and holding it together. It solidified, and the entrance became covered by something brown and silvery. It was also see-through like glass, and they watched as the Darkness smashed against it. Etho shuddered as he felt its massive force. but his shield held, and the Darkness merely flowed around it.
"D-did it-t!" he gasped, leaning against the wall. "B-b-but we're...trapped."
Reveka's hands were clasped together so tightly that her knuckles were white. Her face was also extremely pale. But as the Dark did not penetrate, she relaxed slightly. it did plunge the room into shadow, so she emitted her gentle light. Glowing, she smiled at Callysta. "I'm fine now." She turned to Arren, hoping he would have an idea of what to do.

Jadis studied him. He could tell something was on Shaddoc's mind. "About what?" he asked.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Arren scowled, looking around, taking account of their situation. Ethinine had managed to shield them from the darkness, but in doing so trapped them in here and it seemed he had expended a majority of his energy. Callysta was looking at the shield, as if being sure it wouldn't break. Reveka was looking at him with expectant eyes, looking to him for a way out of this. He also noted that Talos had come in with them, too, but he was the least of Arren's concerns.
"All right, listen up." Arren said, "We obviously can't stay here, that shield could crack at any moment and I'd like to be as far away as possible if it does. We clearly cant come out the way we came in, so our only option is to advance deeper into the cave and try to find a way out." As he finished, he drew his decorated sword from the scabbard at his side, turning to the dark interior of the cave. He raised the tip of his sword in front of him to eye level, prepared for anything that may be waiting in the cave, and began to advance. "Stay close to me..." He said softly.
Oddood198

Postby syphon » Thu May 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Talos knew arren was right there wasnt any other options, plus he never even seen anything like.....well whatever it was he knew it was dangerous. So he followed silently with sword grasped tightly, hoping for the best.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Koneko-chan » Thu May 16, 2013 5:50 pm

"It's okay Etho, you did fantastic, like Arren says, we'll just progess furthur into the cave." She bit her lip, and followed. Spacing out as she walked along with the group, caused her to have some lagging moments. "Well.. I wonder what Grand Sage will say.. Or do.." Callysta said outloud absent-mindedly.

Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu May 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Shaddoc took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. How to put this...
"I've been thinking...about your battle against the darkness." Shaddoc looked down at his feet, shoving his hands further into his pockets. Then all of a sudden the words rushed out, surprising Shaddoc himself.
"You know I've never been active in the fight against the darkness. Sure, I've helped every here and there. And I run errands for Nigal and get information. But I've been thinking. It's time for a change. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to become a full-fledged member of the Band. But...I want to start joining you and helping you fight. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines acting indifferent while you risk your life for what's right." He hesitated before continuing.
"I understand if you decline. I've been far too lazy to earn the right to fight alongside you. But if you'll have me, I'd be honored to join you."
Shaddoc turned to Jadis, reaching out a hand to shake. He couldn't figure out why, after all this time being a loner, this was so important to him. But it was, and he waited anxiously for Jadis' response.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sat May 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Ethinine quickly and quietly said to her, "I'm not sure we should mention the grand sage. I mean...he doesn't know about that." He looked meaningfully at Talos.
Reveka clung silently to him, eyes wide in fear. They were surrounded by the darkness...and they didn't know if they could get out. They couldn't get out! Terrified, she buried her face in Arren's arm.

Jadis blinked, startled by this sudden shift in his usually solitary companion. He smiled faintly. He liked Shaddoc, and had often wished he'd had that guy's awesome abilities at his back. He was about to take the offered hand when Mattemeo ran up, breathless.
"Jadis! Jadis you have to come quickly! Nigal says the darkness is invading that village near here!"
Jadis stiffened abruptly, then grabbed Shaddoc's hand and yanked him along after. "Then lets get moving!" he said.
Minutes later, as there hadn't been a spare mount, Jadis and Shaddoc were seated on the same horse and riding hard with the rest of the Band. Jadis grimaced as they neared the spot. At least it didn't look like a massive tidal wave, which means they'd missed that part. They just had to clean up what it left.
"Okay, we'll do the pincher," Nigal shouted. "You know how it goes."
The group separated, some headed for the open plains while others went into the forest. Jadis went with the forest group. This was tricky ground for Jadis, as there were so many possible ambush points here. "And you can't watch everywhere at once. I could be looking ahead just now, and all of a sudden..."
Pow!
A shadow creature tackled him, and he fell of the horse while struggling to keep its claws off his eyes. Angrily he found its throat and smashed it against the tree, soon knocking the life out of it. However, he knew that, as he watched it fizzle away to nothing, that there would soon be more. He checked to make sure his talisman was still there, then started walking away. There was no way in heck he could catch up with the Band now. His best hope was to get away from the impact site and find a new location to work from.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Arren continued walking, his sword held out in front of him, his senses on high alert, ready for the slightest indication of a threat lurking in the tunnel. "Don't worry," he murmured softly to Reveka, "we'll be all right. I promise."

OOC: I don't know what to find in the cave...
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sat May 18, 2013 6:02 pm

OOC- ...alright, let the super-awesome makes-it-all-up-as-she-goes what-an-idiot GM take over!

Reveka smiled up at Arren, but nothing consoled her. The darkness of the cave closed in on them, despite the light she glowed with, and its oppressive weight hung heavily over her.
Suddenly, a loud screech is heard. Gasping, she automatically jerks a hand forward, sending a small blast of pure light ahead. It sails through, lighting up the area, revealing a terrible hoard of creatures, shadows and solid. Some are destroyed by the light, but most keep pushing forward. Reveka shrieked.
Ethinine instantly leapt forward, flinging his hands out. Some of the rocks on the floor going flying, hitting monsters on the head.

Jadis stared as the shadow he was confronting pushed past him like he didn't exist. It seemed...worried. He was about to slay it when another idea occurred to him. He would follow it. It took a lot to get a shadow to ignore prey, armed or not, which meant that some really big guy must be here right now, and after something. If he could just find out what...
Silently, he slunk after it.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sat May 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Arren's eyes widened, and he stiffly breathed in, looking ahead at the horde. His mind worked rapidly, trying to figure a way to get to safety. Behind them was the only known exit of the cave, with Etho's shield up, or maybe it had collapsed by now. Either way, they couldn't go that way because of the sea of darkness. The only way, then, was ahead, directly into the horde of shadow monsters. Well, what the heck?
"Reveka, stay behind me, Talos, beside me, get your sword. Etho, cover us, Callysta, watch our back and protect Reveka. Charge!" After he had finished barking orders, he gave everyone a moment to get to their designated positions, then ran forward with his sword swinging about in a controlled frenzy.
Oddood198

Postby Koneko-chan » Sat May 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Callysta held her breath and nodded at Arren's orders, she sprinted toward Reveka, grabbing her hand. With her other hand she created a circle around her and Reveka with shadow thorns "It'll have to work for now." Callysta mumbled underneath her breath. She looked at Reveka "Everything will be okay." Callysta smiled at Reveka, but a very small part of Callysta didn't believe so.

Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat May 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Shaddoc whipped around when he saw Jadis knocked to the ground. He jerked the reins to pull the horse around and ride back to Jadis' aid, but felt a sudden resistance. He turned back to see what the problem was, and saw a shadow creature clutching the rein as it struggled to stay on. It must have been with the other one, and leapt onto the horse in the attack. Shaddoc dropped the reins and ripped his dagger out of its sheath, struggling to keep his balance as he wrestled with the shadow.
He could have stayed astride the animal if it had maintained a steady pace, but as the shadow creature dug its claws into the horse's neck, the horse screamed and jerked to a halt, rearing up in terror. Too preoccupied to synchronize with the horse's movements, Shaddoc felt a jolt go through him as the opposing forces of his momentum and the horse's rearing smashed him against its neck. Before the pain could even register, he was hurled backward off the horse and collided with the earth, the impact effectively knocking the wind out of him.
Rendered helpless for a few moments, Shaddoc growled in frustration and anger as he realized the shadow would take this opportunity to attack him. How could he have let himself be caught off guard? But then he saw it out of the corner of his eye, laying still a few feet away. He watched as it disappeared, leaving his dagger laying on the earth, and realized the collision must have forced an opening during the fight, embedding his dagger in the creature.
After a moment's reprieve, Shaddoc struggled to his feet, feeling like his entire bone structure was cracked. He took shallow, painful breaths, till the pain slowly subsided.
That's gonna leave a bruise, he thought. Or a few.
He staggered over and picked up his dagger, replacing it in its slightly damaged sheath. He sighed as he saw a flicker of brown through the trees, the horse's retreating rear.
There goes any chance of finding Jadis in a timely fashion, he thought sullenly. He retraced the path they'd come from, not sure how far he'd gone after losing Jadis. At one point he found his bow, which he'd managed to grab just before Jadis dragged him off in the heat of the moment, and which he'd apparently dropped in the struggle with the shadow creature. Luckily, it was undamaged, as were the arrows in his quiver which he'd somehow managed not to land on in his fall. Satisfied that he at least had the means to protect himself and possibly stay alive, Shaddoc pressed on through the undergrowth, unsure of how he was supposed to track Jadis in this chaos. He notched an arrow to his bow as he walked, ever watchful for any sign of movement among the trees.
This isn't quite how I'd envisioned this conversation going...
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun May 19, 2013 12:01 pm

Reveka tried to hang on to Arren, scared for his life, but he rushed away toward the monsters and Callysta put up a ring of thorns around them. "ARREN!" she was screaming at the top of her mental lungs. She saw monsters coming at him, saw him engage them. The shadow creatures, with abilities the solid ones did not have, faded into the shadows and began trying to get around them, to get behind Arren, Talos and Ethinine, and kill them. She saw one such rise up behind Arren, its claws raised.
"NO!!!" Without even thinking, she thrust her hands forward, full of her focused energy. The glow around her increased in its brightness, and some of this extended from her hands, whipping through the shadowy thorns and impaling the shadow behind Arren. She whipped it around in the shadows above and behind, clearing the road. Then, she gasped as it faded, and her mind came back to herself as: tired, really and truly tired. She sagged against Callysta, trembling slightly. Light...she wanted to go home. If they could get back, she'd do everything the Grand Sage said and never leave the place again!
Ethinine, realizing his rocks weren't doing the trick, began dropping things from the ceiling on their heads. This gave him an idea. "How about a cave-in?" he asked Arren. "Or I could bring the walls together, effectively closing them off from us. Then we'll go back, through the shield. At least from there we can just run back into the forest, and go home." He hoped the normally pig-headed-stubborn Arren would agree.

Jadis stiffened as he heard a sound behind him. He turned, then saw it was only Shaddoc. He sighed in relief. "Hey Shaddoc!" he hissed. "Over here!" When the aforementioned came over, Jadis whispered, "Stay silent now, I'm following this thing. Would you believe it completely ignored me in the forest? Has to be something big here-"
"Not found yet?"
He paused, then parted the leaves of the branches a little bit for a better view. There were three in the clearing ahead, two men and the shadow. "Men"" being used in the general term as they at least still looked humanoid. Now the one to the left, closest to the shadows, there was something odd in how the darkness seemed to deepen around him. Something extremely odd...The second man, with the flaming hair, spoke again.
"You have looked everywhere, you say, but have not found them? How can you have then? They are here, their very essences are buried in the grass beneath our feet! You will find them!"
Terrified, it shrieked some kind of reply and scampered away, fortunately away from the hiding pair. The two men in the clearing were silent a moment, then the second said, "My apologies sir. This may take longer than I thought."
"Its not your fault these simple shadows cannot seem to understand how important this is," the first said. He looked around, scanning the trees. Jadis cautiously replaced the branches and shrunk back down, suddenly afraid though he knew not why. "They respond merely to the base emotions, primarily hunger and fear. They cannot comprehend."
"All the same, they only hunt children. Its simple enough even a baby could understand."
"Yes, but these are not ordinary children. Remember that, Gamaliel."
"Gamaliel?" Finally a name. But who was the other man?
There was silence for a long moment, then the one called Gamaliel asked, "Can you sense their direction from here?"
"...presently. What is interesting is that I can only sense the shadow-wielder, which means the Archsage has somehow infused the protection into them. But fortunately, if the shadow-wielder would only use-"
At that moment, he suddenly gasped. "Gamaliel! I feel her!"
"Great." Jadis looked again. The first man had vanished, and Gamaliel was rushing northward, after him perhaps? Jadis grimaced and stood. "We have to follow," he said to Shaddoc. "Random question, do you have something to shield your essence?" This he asked as he started hurrying after the retreating pair.
Wolfsong

Postby syphon » Sun May 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Talos couldnt believe what was happening, and to think the group he followed had some kind of power or magic? Well he knew this wasnt the time or place to think about that. Right now he had to focus on the current situation. Trying to fight the shadow creatures talos heard ethinine's plan and thought it was a good idea. "I second what ethinine said" talos said with no other plans in his head.

syphon

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying