A New Dawn

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: A New Dawn

Postby Wolfsong » Fri May 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Jadis was not about to be put off this time. He needed to know.
He promptly stepped forward, standing between Arren and...wherever he was going. "White wings aren't on everybody," he said, trying to piece this together into something rational. "Neither is glowing, or being hunted by the shadows. So you've gotta be someone special. And kid," he added, grinning almost evilly. "Let me put it this way. I'm not letting you go until I know. Get it?"
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:15 pm

Arren looked up blankly at Jadis, then attempted to sidestep him, but that didn't work. He tried pushing him aside, but the larger man didn't seem to be very affected. His eyes slanted into a glare, though the rest of his body didn't shift or tense up at all.
"Get out of my way." He said, his voice cold and low, and his sword hand twitched a bit. Arren was never in this bad of a mood, but on the rare occasion he was, it was best to simply evacuate the region and let him do his thing. And now this stupid death-seeking darkness hunter was getting in his way, and Arren didn't like it. Not one bit.
Oddood198

Postby syphon » Fri May 31, 2013 9:06 pm

OOC-wow ive been gone too long, Sorry i hope im not too late. But Before i write anything down am i with arren, jadis, and shaddoc? Im guessing i am.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Oddood198 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:26 pm

OOC: Talos could have gone with Arren when he left the others, or stayed with them. I think either one would be fine.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 am

Shaddoc wasn't really sure what to do. Oddly enough, he had to agree with Jadis. His first reaction would have been to let the kid go and mind his own business, because unnecessary conflicts weren't really his thing. And initially he'd been annoyed with Jadis for once again interrogating the kid and being so obnoxious about demanding an answer. But then he realized, this was more than just a random squabble between a pair of idiots. It was a big deal that these kids were so downright strange, and a bigger deal that their very presence caused such utter chaos. It was obvious that they were the reason the shadows had gotten up in arms, and that made it Jadis and Shaddoc's business. They not only had the right to know what was going on, but it was pretty important that they figured it out. Whether it was intentional or not, this rag-tag group of kids had just caused a major battle, and they needed to know why. It was this thought that made Shaddoc realize that for once he needed to side with Jadis.
"If there's one thing you should know about Jadis," he addressed the glaring kid in a low, even voice. "It's that he's about as stubborn as they come. Nothing is going to sway him, and all you're going to do is get in a fight over your ridiculous determination to ignore us. And I don't imagine that will help you rescue your friend. So I suggest you cooperate and answer the question."
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:10 pm

Arren turned his gaze briefly to Jadis' accomplice, who had remained mostly neutral right up until now, but was now also demanding he tell them who he and the others were. I swear, he thought, the only thing worse than a stubborn, idiotic fool who doesn't know when to quit, is two stubborn idiotic fools who don't know when to quit.
Well, it was apparent he wasn't getting out of here until he told them, and didn't see any harm coming from it- nothing he couldn't deal with, at least. Shifting his gaze back to Jadis, he stared into his eyes while he answered in the same low, cold voice he had. "Mine and Reveka's mother is Emagene Kirena, the White Priestess, bearer of the White Wings. Callysta is the daughter of Demetrius Azaga the Swordsmaster, and Ethinine, who you are preventing me from rescuing from torture and certain death, is the son of Erasmus Ethereal the Master Mage. Now get. Out. Of. My. Way."
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:10 pm

Shaddoc froze, inhaling sharply. He'd suspected these kids weren't ordinary, but this? Children of the great heroes of Light! Shaddoc didn't know how to respond to that monumentous piece of information, but it did help solve a few problems.
"Well, Jadis?" He inquired. "What do you say to that? Do you still intend to argue with him, even though he could be a great ally against the darkness? And as for you," here Shaddoc turned back to Arren. "How much do you hope to accomplish on your own? You don't even know where you're going. My companion knows a great deal about the shadows, and you've already seen his skill. If you truly cared about your friend, I would think you'd do everything you could to help him more quickly. Would you really turn away help that could make your search much easier? If you ask me, you're both being incredibly pig-headed about this."
Shaddoc looked back and forth between the two, giving them each a firm look that said he wasn't to be taken lightly. If they were both too stubborn to listen to reason, he was done trying to convince them to settle things peacefully. He was ready to go home and sleep for about three days, and this pointless chatter was wearing him out faster than any skirmish could ever do.
It was then that Shaddoc noticed the man coming up behind Arren. Shaddoc instinctively started to reach for an arrow, until he recognized him as one of Arren's companions. He relaxed slightly, suddenly curious to see this situation from a viewpoint other than the one of the arrogant kid who wouldn't listen to anyone.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Jadis quietly put his hand over his face again. No, this was not his day. All he really wanted to do was go back, get some food in his stomach, and then have some decent rest after a crazy day. Instead, for some reason, he'd let himself lose his temper and pester the kid until he'd finally admitted who he was. Light, Emagene's son...if he let this kid go off by himself, Nigal would make him regret the day of his birth. Then he heard a noise and looked back. Oh, that other man. Arren hadn't named him, so he wasn't one of them, and Jadis had at least heard some of that conversation in the forest, so he knew that much.
Aw heck, there was no good way out, was there?
"Well, guess I'm stuck," he said finally. "Nigal would kill me if I let you go through the devil's gates by yourself. Shaddoc," he turned, addressing Shaddoc now. "Would you let Nigal know where I'm going? As to mentioning who I'm with...I don't know if withholding it would stop him maybe coming after me, but I don't know. I'll trust your descretion. Please don't argue," he mentally added. "You need rest. I, I can't rest, but you don't carry what I do. Please...go back without arguing. I haven't the strength for anymore."
Wolfsong

Postby syphon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Talos didnt know what was going on exactly, but children of the great heroes of light!? He thought. And how did i get myself into this? Well he actually felt somewhat honored as he heard the stories of the heroes of light during his childhood. "Well i dont know the children very well ive only followed them not long ago, but i also would like to help arren save ethinine. I understand you have questions but i dont think we should waste much precious time". Talos said anxiously

OCC-im not fully sure about whats going on but i tried to come up with something. Hopefully it goes along ok with what i wrote.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:35 pm

"My sentiments exactly." Arren said as Talos finished speaking. He began walking again, still holding his naked sword by his side. "I don't need your help, but if you're adamant on coming, I won't bother trying to dissuade you. There'd be no point in it." He said.
Really, he didn't care what any of them decided, follow him, leave him, didn't matter. Arren would single-handedly tear through the gates of Hades and cut down anything in his way to save Ethinine, if that was what it took for him to get back Reveka's smile. If these people accompanied him, perhaps they'd at least serve as a good diversion to the darkness. So long as I get Ethinine back and return alive, that's all that matters in the end. He thought.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Ethinine lay shivering on the cold flagstones. His shadow jailors/guards were finishing off the rest of the brigands, or whatever they were. One of the more humanoid creatures walked over toward him. "Weak human," it muttered. "Just my luck, having to play babysitter to something so weak!"
He swallowed heavily, climbing unsteadily to his feet. "I-I thought you all w-w-worked together," he said, stuttering again. The creature snorted and didn't answer.
Ethinine closed his eyes, trying not to let panic take him. They had entered the city of Gol'lath, though how it had been managed so quickly was beyond him, and had been making their way toward the large building in the center. Then they had been attacked. He was certain he was going to die here, in the desolate place away from everything he loved. When they reached the large building, the head-monster entered the building alone, leaving the company standing outside. After waiting for forever, the monster came out again.
"Throw it with the others," it commanded.
"Are you sssure we ssshould out them together?" one of the shadows demanded.
"Mastedon commands, you know what happens when we question. Just do it."
Ethinine was dragged to a smaller building next to the larger one. It looked like an old warehouse that had been fortified heavily. The large iron doors were opened and he was shoved in. The doors closed behind him with a despairing groan.
"That sounded pretty final," he whispered quietly. Then he crumpled into a trembling heap on the floor. He wasn't crying, not yet, but he was terrified of what would happen to him here. Death, that was truly certain. Torture maybe? Dead, with only the shadows around him. This was truly nightmarish.
"Poor child, its alright."
He raised his head, startled at the voice. It was kind, gentle, almost motherly. "Who's there?" he asked.
Something brightened ahead of him, a little light so faint. It was coming closer, closer...it had a human form to it. A woman, clothed in white. His eyes widened at the sight of her.
"Don't fear," she said gently. "We are too of the Light. I promise, we will not hurt you."
"You're Emagene?!" he gasped. Instantly, he leapt to her for a better look. They started at each other, both surprised. "You are! You are the White Priestess!" he exclaimed.
"Your face," she breathed. "No...Erasmus' son? Ethinine?"
"What's that?" two men emerged from the back. One carried an empty scabberd at his side. The other saw Ethinine and stared, as did the young man.
"That can't be," he murmured. He took a step forward. "Ethinine?"
"DAD!" He ran forward and flung his arms around the man, tears pouring from his face.

Jadis shrugged. "Whatever suits you best." and began following. He looked back to see what Shaddoc was doing.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Shaddoc listened to Jadis' request, instantly determined to tell Jadis he was being an idiot and there was no way he was going to let him go without him. But then he saw the look in Jadis' eyes, and realized that Jadis needed him to do this. As much as Shaddoc hated the thought of letting Jadis do this on his own, he didn't have the heart to argue with him. He also figured Jadis was probably worried about Nigal, after the injuries he'd sustained. Shaddoc spent a moment in indecision, frustrated at himself for not knowing what to do.
As Jadis started walking away, Shaddoc grabbed his arm.
"Alright, I'll go," he consented. "But I hope you know I don't like this. Don't go getting yourself killed, you hear? If you don't come back, I'll storm those stupid gates myself and drag you home if I have to.
And as for Nigal," Shaddoc paused, smirking slightly. "You really think I'm going to tell him you're with the son of Emagene? He'd skin me alive for letting you two go without him. I'll do my best to keep him there, but if he still insists on coming, I swear I'll accompany him. I've half a mind to give him the message and try to catch up with you, anyway."
Here Shaddoc pulled off the talisman and put it in Jadis' hand.
"Where you're going, you'll need this more than me, experience or not." Shaddoc stared a long moment at Jadis.
"Don't get yourself killed," he pleaded again.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:02 pm

OOC- Just fyi for those involved, Odd's gone AWOL on us. ;) However, Odd said I could godmod if necessary, so...we'll just try to get along until he gets back.

Jadis caught himself starting to smile, and instantly shifted to his almost perpetual frown. Light, he would miss Shaddoc too. "Same to you," he said simply. "Trust me, I've no intention of dying anytime soon. I happen to enjoy life, actually." He laid a hand on Shaddoc's shoulder, grinning. "I'll be back soon anyway, whatever happens, having either saved the kid or being kicked out by the darkness for being such a donkey." Then, a little more softly, he added, "Take care of Nigal. I just have this feeling...bye." He whirled around, suddenly grabbing Arren by the shoulders and pushing him forward. "Lets get a move on!" he said rather hastily.
"Don't push me!" Arren shouted angrily, shoving him off. "And don't touch me either!"
"Oh, Mr. High and Mighty now, is it?" and they started arguing, slowly rising in volume.

OOC2- hope that wasn't too bad... :dizzy:
Last edited by Wolfsong on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:31 am

Shaddoc forced himself not to change his mind and go with Jadis. He turned as Jadis did, so that they had their backs to each other. He didn't want Jadis to see the look on his face, knowing he looked like his dog had just died. There was no reason for Jadis to realize just how hard it was for Shaddoc to part ways with him, especially at such a crucial time. For all Jadis knew, Shaddoc was happy to be able to go home and rest, and it was better if Jadis thought that. Shaddoc started walking back toward town, forcing himself not to look back. As he walked, he heard Jadis and Arren yelling at each other, more vehemently with every comment. Shaddoc stopped walking and facepalmed, sighing more deeply than he had all day.
Forget the darkness, he thought. They won't make it to the gates at this rate.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:44 pm

OOC- you're probably right...

Jadis glanced back once during the argument to see Shaddoc facepalm. He smiled faintly, instantly reading what was meant in that. Okay, maybe he was acting a little like an idiot. He turned back forward and did his best to ignore that last coment from Arren.
"Now, what we need first is an idea of the location they're most likely to bring...Ethinine was his name right?" He managed to smile in a friendly manner at Arren, who seemed surprised by this sudden shift in conversation. "We need an idea of where they would go. Now, with someone this important, I'm pretty sure if they didn't kill him on the spot, he's pretty deep in. Now, what were some of the first places to go down when the Dark came? Anyone read their history?" he looked back and forth at Talos and Arren, who remained silent. He grinned. "Don't worry, not many people read history anymore. Now, Gol'lath was one, and there was the costal city Jarda. Also, Kelith, Marjona, and the kingdom Cleya. Any guesses on which would be their best destination?"

OOC- here's some info on what you're coming home to, Claec...

"You're sure about this?"
Nigal closed his eyes, trying not to think about what he'd just heard. Sure, he'd expected it for a while, but..."So the shadow has infultrated our kingdom?"
The messanger shrugged. "There's no other explanation. King's gone acting all funny, and really does jump when his shadow appears. Has lights around him all the time. He can't even sleep without light, and someone around with him. And yet, he goes into the north tower and stays there for hours on end, without light, without someone to protect him. There's no other logical explanation."
Nigal sighed quietly, almost unnoticably. Light, there just was no good news anymore. "Very well. Dismissed." and the man left. Nigal looked at Kirk in the corner. "What do you think, Kirk?"
"Its unlikely. Ridiculously idiotic as that man is, he wouldn't sell his soul."
Nigal nodded slowly, thoughtfully. "And the recent order?"
"You mean, where he wants the Band to strike directly into the shadow through released Neram? What about it?"
"He wants the whole Band to go, correct?"
Kirk slowly nodded. "That's right...sir."
"Which means the city will be totally undefended, right?"
There was an uncomfortable silence. Kirk nodded again. "Yes sir. But the guards here-"
"Are obviously in no condition to fight. Kirk..." He turned, staring his second in command in the eye. "How long have you been on their side?"
Kirk started, then suddenly snarled and lept at Nigal, transforming into a shadow. In one movement, Nigal whipped out his sword, cutting right through his head. The shadow collapsed and disolved in seconds. Nigal stared ahead for a long moment, where his second had been standing moments before. "You gave in to the Dark Hand, let him use you to save your own miserable soul," he said quietly. "You followed enough orders and did enough right that I'd believe you were of us. Kirk..." He bowed his head. "Fool man...why..."
"Sir Nigal?" Mattemeo crept from under the sick bed Nigal was supposed to be sleeping in now, according to Lily's orders. But who listened to the healer anyway? "What will we do now, sir?"
Nigal smiled faintly. "Guess I'll make Jadis my second, when he gets back. He's the only one I can trust. He'll hate me for doing it to him, but...I must." he smiled at Mattemeo, and sat on the bedside. "Until then, I really should get some rest. We have a lot coming against us, these next few days. Will you do me the favor-" he held out a large knife to Mattemeo, who stared at it with wide eyes. "Of guarding my door, that I can recover?"
Matt slowly nodded, taking the knife. "I will sir!" he shouted. "You can count on me!" and he rushed out the door, slamming it shut in his excitement. Nigal smiled sadly. "Of all people...you and Jadis are the closest to the Light. Light forgive us, that we entrust our children to bloodshed." He looked out the open window, eyes sorrowful. "Grand Sage...Neomen, are those children ready? Will they be able to fight alongside us soon? Time's running out for all of us." He lay down, troubled by the burdens resting heavily on his shoulders.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:32 pm

OOC: Thanks for PMing me, Wolfie!

Callsyta grimaces, looking around the cave 'What would Grand Sage do?.. What would he say? Shoot..'
She clears her throat and glances at Reveka until finally speaking "So.. Should we go ahead on?" Callysta smiles while grabbing Rev's hand again. She wanted to go when Reveka was comfortable to keep going.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:27 am

Shaddoc sighed as he came into town.
Home, sweet home, he thought sullenly. As much as he tried to be happy about returning, his mind was too preoccupied with thoughts of Jadis' mission and what he was going to say to Nigal. Although he knew Nigal fairly well, Shaddoc had never been particularly close to him, and he wasn't sure how to go about trying to communicate with him. Would Nigal even care what he had to say, or be willing to accept help from him?
Shaddoc thought about his plans. He'd just restocked on arrows, and the comfortable weight of a full quiver was reassuring. He thought about getting something to eat, but he didn't have much of an appetite, and he knew he needed to talk to Nigal as soon as possible. Which also put the idea of sleeping a long ways from his top priorities.
When Shaddoc arrived at the house he knew to be Nigal's, he saw a young boy standing in front of the door. He seemed to be on some sort of guard duty, but he looked so small and nervous, Shaddoc couldn't help but feel bad for the kid.
"Mattemeo." Shaddoc greeted the boy politely, nodding. "Is Nigal here? I need to speak with him, concerning Jadis."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:09 pm

Reveka nodded slowly, smiling back at Callysta. Holding the other teen's hand tightly, taking comfort from the warmth and pressure of its friendliness, they exited the tunnels, and reentered their ages old home.
It was silent and still, almost eeriely so. Reveka looked around nervously. "Is everything alright?" She took a faltering step forward, and knocked loose a pebble, which rattled down the stone stairs.
"Children? Is that you?"
"The Grand Sage!" Smiling, nervously, she smiled as bravely as she could at Callysta, trying to motion, 'you wanna go first?'

Mattemeo sat bolt upright. "Shaddoc? You're back! Where's Jadis?" When Shaddoc asked his question, Matt considered this with a grave expression. "Well, Nigal is feeling better...yeah, come on. If its about Jadis, he'll wanna know." He opened the door, letting Shaddoc in. "Nigal, its Shaddoc!" the boy announced before closing the door again.
Nigal, not having really slept anyway, sat up smiling. "Shaddoc! Good to see you. Where is Jadis?"
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Callysta's heart stopped for a moment, then she saw Reveka's face and she knew they had to keep going "Sure." Callysta said warmly. She slowly walked down the stairs with Reveka by her side. When they finally reached there, taking a deep breath "G-grand Sage?" She called, with an unintentional stutter on g in 'Grand'.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Shaddoc studied Nigal, trying to determine how well he actually was. Knowing Nigal, he was worse than he looked. He had the same stubborn streak as Jadis, and Shaddoc figured he was probably trying to act like he was all right. Which also meant that asking him how he was would be a waste of time. So Shaddoc skipped the formalities and went straight to what he'd come here for.
"Nigal," Shaddoc bowed his head respectfully to the older man. "We fought off another group of shadow after you left, and were able to defeat the carrier of the cloud. The darkness has dissipated, for now at least.
And as for Jadis," Shaddoc lowered his eyes, nervous to see Nigal's reaction. "He obtained a vital piece of information that led him to decide to go to the devil's gate. He asked me to return and convey the message to you, or else I would have accompanied him."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Arren thought for a moment, then gave his answer. "I think it would be Gol'lath." He said, "According to the history I did read, it was among the largest cities the Dark took over. It was a huge walled city, like a massive fortress. That would be the best place to hold Ethinine." Plus, just listen to that name. Evil to the core. He added mentally.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:51 pm

"Come to the library, please."
Reveka glanced once more at Callysta, then entered the library. Seated in the back, between the rows of book-lined shelves, with shoulders slumped but head raised, sat the Grand Sage. Rumored to be over a thousand years old, he certainly didn't look it. He looked more like a healthy man of fifty. His black hair had some white streaks in it, and there were a few wrinkles in his face, but otherwise his body was that of a healthy man.
He watched the two of them enter. "Reveka and Callsyta? Where are the boys, Arren and Ethinine?"
"Of all times to be mute." Reveka looked imploringly at Callysta.

"But...gosh! I'm so happy to see you. But everyone says you're dead."
Emagene smiled softly. "We-"
"We may as well be dead," Demetrius said darkly. Erasmus shot him a look, which the swordsman ignored.
"Demetrius, be silent," Emagene scolded gently. "We would have otherwise escaped, but most of our powers have been blocked, and Demetrius' sword was taken. Azarael allows me my faint light, but that is all."
"Who is Aza...Azarale?" Ethinine asked, struggling uncertainly.
"Azarael. He is the Hand of Darkness, Bearer of the Black Wings. He is out jailor, the reason we cannot leave."
"He's...the guy with black wings? But you're the White Priestess! The Bearer of White Wings! Why can't you stand up against him?"
She smiled sadly. Erasmus answered for her. "We were foolhardy. We felt that the only way to stop this plague of Dark was to strike at its heart. So off we went, so certain we could end this by ourselves. But the Heart was stronger than we had beliueved, and the Hand smothered us with its weight. We clung to out inner Light, but that was all. As for the White Wings..."
"Azarael said he intended to use my power, for what he never said. To protect them, and all people, I passed on my gift, and gave it to Arren and Reveka. Both children carry the split power, and can use it to some degree, but of the two, I gave the responsibility of the Wings to Reveka. Arren, as I rememver, was proud of himself and his abilities, proud to an unhealthy rate. Until he learns humility, I didn't dare place power in his hands."
"Just as well. He's just the same, if not worse," Etho told her, then relented and added, "But its different when he's with Reveka. He'll do anything for her."

"Then if there is room for love there is hope. Thank you for telling me, Ethinine."
The two older men were off near the door of the warehouse, and they seemed to be discussing something tersely. Demetrius suddenly whirled, fully facing the door. He was still for a second, then came back at a fast sprint. "Company coming," he announced, headed for the back. Ethinine was surprised.
"What is he doing?" he asked.
Erasmus looked worried. Emagene, face calm and serene, brushed some dirt off her white skirts. "Fix your hair," she told Eramus. "Remember, we want both words and appearances to corespond. We must appear to be quite well."
"Why are you acting so? Its quite plain you're not!'' Etho said.
Demetrius, in the back, snorted. "We're still fighting the Dark, if not directly. Part of the game is to not give in to despair. To Emagene, acting like its company for dinner counts."
With a smile on her face, she winked very deliberately at Etho. Then the door opened...

"Devil's gate? What are you..." then it clicked. His eyes widened. "What in blazes is he doing going straight to the Heart?" he demanded. "Vital piece of information"? Out with it Shaddoc! What's he found?" before the man could get away, Nigal almost instantly leapt out of the bed and grabbed Shaddoc by the collar, glaring, but it was good-natured. He was just a little curious (okay, a lot curious) as to why Jadis was now volintarily headed straight for death's door.

Jadis grinned. "Right! Great job. Did you also know that Gol'lath is a city full of murderers and theives and worse? Even before the Dark took over? Which means its going to be no picnic. I sincerely hope you're ready. if anyone wants to drop out now, that's okay. No hard feelings." Silence...he grinned. "Gol'lath is technically deep north and a touch west of here. If we're to get there with any speed, I suggest we start now." With that, he started leading the way.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Murderers, thieves, and worse. Sounds fun. Arren thought thought, grinning mirthlessly, Ethinine was going to owe him big for this.
Arren sheathed his sword, since it seemed the danger had passed, ad as he did his white sleeve caught his attention. Looking at his clothes, he realized, I'll stick out in Gol'lath like a fox in a henhouse. He shrugged, it was a long way to Gol'lath, surely he would be able to procure some dirtier, more suitable clothes for blending in with such a gathering of scum and villainy. The real problem may be his sword, which was so intricate and ornamental there was precisely zero chance it would not give them away. He shrugged again, it couldn't be that hard to cover it, he was sure.
Oddood198

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Callysta's eyes hesitantly met Grand Sage's eyes "Well.." The tall girl took a deep breath "... Ethinine got taken by shadows.. Arren went to save him with three trusted others; he didn't want Reveka in danger, so he told us to go back, and honestly we didn't have any choice with Arren being so stubborn. But he's a good brother." Callysta stayed silent for a moment, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "But Arren is coming back with Etho. We're really sorry." Her green orbs gazed at Grand Sage's eyes, those eyes seemed so wise and full of knowledge.

Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Inwardly Shaddoc flinched, but he didn't allow it to show on his face. After all, he'd expected this kind of response from Nigal, if not worse. He tried not to look like he was avoiding eye contact, but casually said:
"He wouldn't say. Honestly, I don't understand why he wouldn't tell me. I knew you would want to know. He must have thought I was too ignorant to warrant sharing it with me. Whatever it was, it couldn't have been too serious. He said he'd be back soon."
Shaddoc prayed that Nigal would let well enough alone. If Nigal found out...Shaddoc wasn't sure he could keep him here.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Much to Reveka's surprise, the Grand Sage did not look surprised or even angry. Instead, he smiled sadly, deep, dark eys clearly expressing the emotion. "Yes, Arren is a good brother," he agreed. "Its just as well he did not take you two in with him." His head dropped, chin touching his chest. "They have the son of the mage, and the son of the priestess is offering his neck to them. What shall I do..."

Jadis glanced around, then said, "Well, here we are. Everyone ready?" Without waiting for a response, he stepped into the Darkness.
The familiar jolt passed through him, and he shuddered as the shadows pressed in on him, almost smothering him in their searching. But he was essenceless, thanks to the talismen, and so that was the extent. He was used to the passing of Light to Dark anyway. It was an...unforgetable experience. He waited for Arren and Talos to join him.

Nigal firmly grabbed Shaddoc's chin and turned his head till he could see Shaddoc's eyes. He thought a moment, then sighed and released him. "Very well. I'll accept that for now. But I expect the total truth later, otherwise I promise you, when I'm...recovered, I will put you through a few rounds. Now sit!" he ordered, motioning to a chair. "With Jadis gone, I need someone I can talk to, and Mattemeo, bright willing child as he is, really is too young for this."
Nigal sat on the bed, resting his chin on his hand, watching Shaddoc. "Kirk was a shadow," he told Shaddoc. "And the king has apparently finally gone to the Dark." he paused, thinking quietly.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Arren blinked, looking around in surprise. Wait a minute, where were they exactly? They couldn't be at Gol'lath already, what just happened?
He shrugged, whatever it was, he wasn't about to waste time standing around and thinking on it.
He stepped forward, and as he did, he felt like he had walked into a brick wall, had another brick wall pressed against his back, and had a brick roof collapse on him for good measure. He felt the darkness pressing in, almost suffocating him with its sheer presence. The air itself seemed so heavy, it was as if Arren would be completely crushed by it. But, that stupid, obnoxious, arrogant, dirt-crusted battle-loving Jadis had gotten through here, and Arren was sure as morning not about to be shown up by him.
Arren gritted his teeth, firmly placing one foot in front of the other, calling on every ounce of Light in him to force the darkness back as he advanced. Finally, he found himself beside Jadis, and they waited for Talos.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Jadis grinned as he watched Arren push through. Having Darkness descend on you was one thing, but entering it willinging...that was another matter entirely. "So...where've you guys been all these years?" he asked. "This is the first mention I'd heard of you outside of a stray legend."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:25 pm

"Up in the mountains," Arren answered disinterestedly, and with a tone of voice to match it, "we did all the usual stuff: lived in a cave, survived the eternal winter, wrestled bears for their food. Nothing out of the ordinary."
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:29 pm

Jadis found himself grinning. "I see. Nothing else better to do, aye?" Then he held up a hand. "Not judging or anything, but you did know we're fighting a war down here, right? Did it ever occur to you guys to come help out? Why did you come down anyway?"
After seeing Arren's face, he explained, "I'm being nosy because I'm interested, okay? First rule of...this sort of thing is to know your partner, so you can better work with him. that's all, okay?"
Wolfsong

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying