Pirates of the Galaxy

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Name: Jacob Henderson
Race: Whitish-brown, Irish-German descent
Height: 6"0
Description: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/238/427852-engineer_super.png
Position: Engineer/mechanic
History: After an explosion on the Dinamo. A piece of debris from the explosion hit Jacob in the head making him forget who he was. Now he spends his time on any ship that is a pirate vessel. Plus Jacob is good with a pistol and shotgun.
Personality: Unyeilding, but kind. Headstrong, but loving. And tough, but willing.
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:18 pm

Welcome aboard mate!
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:25 pm

Yaharg!!! ^^
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:34 pm

The RPG is up, kiddies!
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Strafe » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:32 pm

huh... I'm mildly interested in this Role playing thing... and then I go and follow familiar names... :P hey Soran...

Name: Jonathan Hartford

Race: Human- Caucasian

Height: 5'11"

Hair color: Dirty Blonde

Eye color: Green

Markings, appearance, etc: Wears a Trademark Top Hat, and suit everywhere he goes, carries a bootleg-self-modified-rifle

Side: Pirate

Position: Upstart Captain

Ship description: Sylvienne is a scrapped Garbage transporter vehicle that he managed to fix. The only thing it can really do is fly.

History: The son of a successful entrepreneur, Jonathan grew up living the spoiled sheltered life, along with his brother Caine. As the affairs of Piracy and such meant nothing to him, His father turned a blind eye to the various threats he recieved from pirates. This would mark the downfall of the Hartford Name. In less than a week of a specifically unusual threat, a letter marked with purple lipstick, Jonathan's Father was brutally murdered before his eyes, after seeing his fortune fall away in mere days, and Caine was captured and forced to enlist in the pirate's army. Left in one piece, strangely, Jonathan picked himself up and buried his father, swearing on his grave that he would avenge him and his name. However, he was left with a major problem- He had no idea what a Pirate was in the first place. In a humorous blunder, he set off into the vastness of space in search of the purple lipped pirate with his trusty first mate Song, captaining the grand rust bucket Sylvienne.

Personality: Jonathan is a happy go-lucky womanizer who forgets all the time that he is dead broke, whether he is buying flowers for some random girl, or attempting to buy a chocolate factory for his first date. This constantly backfires when he is arrested for public disturbance when they find his credit card is not even real in the first place. On the outside, Jonathan could not be enjoying life any more. However, as Song could attest, he harbors very dark feelings unbefitting of his external appearance. So dark, perhaps, that it could consume him and everyone around him. It is with this mindset that Jonathan finds himself, trapped in the vast expanse of space.

Character 2... whee... they are together, so it should be no problem.

Name: Song Yin Yue

Race: Human?- Oriental

Height: 5'6"

Hair color: Deep Raven

Eye color: Brown

Markings, appearance, etc: Raven Hair tied up in Ponytail, Dressed in Traditional Chinese clothing, carries a ruan.

Age: (It's not polite to ask a woman's age :P) Appears to be 19

Side: Pirate

Position: First Mate on the Sylvienne

History: Song Yin Yue does not remember her childhood. Nor does she remember her birthday. For that matter, she has no idea if she even had a mother or father. The first thing she remembers is how she woke up, lying on the cold floor deep beneath the city, in a strange place, with the name, Song Yin Yue scrawled in blood above her head. To her, this was where her life began. Blessed (or cursed) with a freakish intelligence, and for some reason, a natural virtuosity at playing the ruan, Song set out into the streets of beijing. And it was here that she met, or rather, Jonathan met (or rather still, hit on) her. She told him that she was looking for answers. Jonathan, in a fit of playfulness, suggested that he indeed, had the answers she was looking for. Thus, Song began to follow him, to his annoyance. It wasn't until she saved his life that Jonathan took notice. Recognizing her abilities, Jonathan Promptly recruited Song into his Crew, and thus the dynamic duo of Jonathan and Song was born. But Song had more in her mind than just piracy. Following Jonathan for the time being, she trusted that she would uncover the truth about herself, and her namesake.

Personality: Very cool headed but serious, almost chillingly non-emotional. If the partnership were to be described as a tsukkomi, Song would be the straight man of the two. She is a genius when it comes to anything technical, but simple household tasks like Cooking and cleaning are beyond a mystery to her.

So I'm kind of excited about this. looking forward. i'll start tomorrow.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:08 am

Oh whoops... some striking similarities there to James Lark in Both Jonathan and Song... Hopefully, they won't clash too much. Their roles are mild comic relief, but I hope for them to have serious roles in the story.

Well 3rd Character, since I know I can handle it and I haven't been approved yet, and just in case I get rejected.

Name: Aquila El Lobo (Literally, Eagle Wolf- the name of the project he was created under, not his true name, although he knows it himself)

Race: Cyborg- of apparently previous spanish descent

Height: 6'

Hair color: Black

Eye color: Amber

Markings, appearance, etc: Heavy scars and various robotic parts are on this man. He is still rather attractive, however, due to the advancements in aesthetic Technology.

Side: Neutral... so far (You can recruit this character)

Position: Nothing yet (Location- Somewhere in a very advanced prison)

History: Aquila is a special kind of Cyborg. He was created in a way, by the leading scientists, to keep his memory. At the Age of 30, when he was human, Aquila, while driving with his family, was hit by a freak train accident that ran off the tracks. His Wife and Daughter perished in the flames, but Aquila survived, in a condition where becoming a cyborg was absolutely necessary to sustain life. Unconscious, and against his will,he was transformed into a cyborg, but the good intentions and special advancements of a specific naive scientist caused him to retain all his memories, whereas other cyborgs had their memory erased as a natural process of the transition. He woke up as himself, but he was not himself. He had Robotic parts, and disturbingly superhuman capabilities. He was the most advanced Cyborg ever created, never to be matched in history again. Waking up, he experienced the deepest terror, and in his confusion, unleashed his power on the scientists, killing them instantly, knowing the whole time what he was doing, but not knowing how to stop. By some stroke of cruel luck, the Head scientist, the one who retained Aquila's memories escaped before his awakening, And Aquila went in pursuit of this man, becoming a murderer who was too strong to be captured, and too advanced to die naturally. He found this man many years later, but let him live for some reason. Afterwards, he quickly became the most feared criminal, running from the police continuously, until he gave himself up one day in 2114, on his 100th birthday. He was scheduled to be executed, but every method tried failed, due to his super human body. He was then contained in a high security prison, where he had much time to think about things. He knew however, that he could escape if he really wanted to. But for the sake of the galaxies, he kept himself locked up, waiting for something, or someone to happen. He wanted a reason to live again.

Personality: Living 130 years, criminal or not, Aquila is Extremely wise. Instead of suffering from dementia, Aquila is Sharper than ever. However, he is an extremely sorrowful man. The weight of his years, and the events he experienced are all ingrained into him, and he is constantly searching for something, and he doesn't even know what. He has never known what to look for.

Lol... Vincent Valentine Meets Ziggy from Xenosaga

Aquila is going to be an extremely, though not unfairly powerful character. I will probably put a time limit on how long you have to recruit him, since if he is inactive too long, it would not be too good for anybody. Since he is a wise character, who will not be swayed by physical Prowess or anything he views as Shallow, you will have to talk him into following you, or have some event occur that will move him.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:27 am

All of your characters are good, Mr. Matt. Welcome aboard!
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:20 pm

OH MAH GOODNESS!!
I FINALLY have time to make a character for this thing (sorrrryyy it took so long, Phantasma!)

Name: Yana Kovak
Race: Human, Russian. (has somewhat of an accent)
Height: 5'6
Hair: Solid black, straight, always up in a ponytail with two strands coming forward on both sides. She puts beads throughout her hair and one blue feather (where her hair tie is) for decoration. She usually wears a dark blue bandanna on her head.
Eye color: Blue with lines of green throughout.
Markings, appearance, etc: She is slender, with a cute face. She has a scar through her right eyebrow and across her eyelid, stopping at her cheek (the scar slightly damaged her eye, but she can still see out of it)
Side: Pirates all the way.
Position: Cabin girl, but wishes to be a fighter. The others think she is still too young though (but that doesn't stop her ;D).
History: When she was young, her family was slaughtered by the people her pirate captain father worked so hard to fight off. Luckily, her and her older brother managed to escape without fatal injuries. From there, they pledged their allegiance to the pirates, and stayed on any pirate ships that would take them.
Personality: She tries to be tough like the other pirates, working hard to prove her fighting skills to the others so they will move her to a more desirable work position (it hasn't worked thus far). She can be very sarcastic, but overall she is nice, and loves helping as much as she can. (this will probably change as the game goes)
Pet: She has a leopard gecko looking reptile, she picked up from a planet they visited, that's about a foot long, and has the ability to change the texture and color of his skin to match his surroundings. He is like her Abu (monkey from Aladdin) and she calls him Nom.

(Is it alright if she has a pet?)

~~

Her brother:

Name: Nazari (Naz) Kovak (He often calls himself Capt'n Naz, though he isn't a captain)
Race: Human, Russian.
Height: 6'1"
Hair: Straight black, short and messy.
Eye color: Blue with green lines.
Markings, appearance, etc: He is lean, a little muscular, and almost always sports a smirk. He has a deep scar on both of his forearms.
Side: Pirates
Position: Since he is deemed incapable of anything else, he cleans, mostly the captain's chambers, keeping them ship shape.
He either is told to do that or maintain the weapons (luckily they aren't aware of the cannon incident on the last ship that got him kicked off). He rarely, if ever, does his assigned work. He mostly goofs off, and does other jobs where he can have a chat with someone. Most of the time, he masquerades as a captain of sorts, calling his ship "The Black Pearl". He states he is just on the current ship until his ship is ready to sail (though he's been saying that for years).
History: When him and his sister were younger, their family was brutally murdered by some government people. Apparently their father (a mighty pirate captain) had obtained vital information and he, nor his family, could be spared, and risk that secret information leaking out. When the people arrived at the house, Naz was able to take his sister down a secret passage and escape the majority of government hit people, though they did encounter one that gave them both a nasty scar and almost killed them. They escaped to the arms of the pirates, and from there, they stayed loyal to their pirate brethren, staying on any ship they could.
Personality: Somewhat of the comic relief himself. You can never truly tell if he is joking or being serious, though he hardly ever is serious. He likes making people laugh, and he is hardly ever seen doing his job.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 pm

would you like to have your characters on my ship, LN?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:41 pm

I was actually going to have them either get recruited by S-Wolf or have them sneak on her ship (ill have it like they just got kicked off their latest ship).
This way, they can cause more.. Fun :). The captain being the Pirate Lordette and all :)

This alright with you, Silver Wolf?
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby silver_wolf454 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:30 pm

I don't mind at all ^-^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:31 pm

Yays! ^^
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Your characters are accepted Miss Bolt. See you on the thread!
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Ok, cool! I look forward to RPing with ya :)
Ty ^^
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying