Omega Quest

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Omega Quest

Postby Peanut » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Hello, and congratulations. You have been selected to participate in a simple social experiment brought to you by Slaughterkill Industries. Slaughterkill Industries, killing today so you don’t have too tomorrow. With your fellow test subjects, you will travel to a various exotic locations where you will engage in various activities. By participating, all test subjects receive:

-An all expense paid tour of multiple dimensions.
-A chance to meet new, interesting people.
-Free food
-a party bag and hat
-fun
-some lint

Along with these benefits, individual accomplishments within each location will be rewarded with our patented MVP system. To prevent cheating, early planning, and to make things interesting, MVP rewards will be held until the conclusion of the test, at which point all MVPs will be allowed to claim what they have earned.

In order to provide a safe and fun enviornement for the test, some rules must be followed:

-Do Not attempt any form of escape. Escapee's will be terminated upon attempt.
-Do Not try to kill, injure, or insult the test proctors. Any attempt to kill, injure, or insult the test proctors will result in your immediate termination.
-Do Not participate in any of the following activities during the test: poking small woodland creatures, billiards, rapping, wrapping, :dance:, bad language, billiards, or super billiards. You can, however, play Go Fish on the 8th day of each week.
-During Dimensional Shifting, please keep all hands, feet, and appendages you want to keep within the floating Dimensional Transportation Bubble.

Please fill out the following test subject registration form and we will begin the testing shortly. For the sake of a fair an equal test, all special abilities will be drained from your body, and disposed in the Special Abilities Disposal Furnace(tm).

Subject Name:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Physical Description:
Bio:

Thank you for your participation and we look forward to the fun we will all have. Here are your test proctors:

Test Proctor 1: P.E.A.N.U.T.
Height:7’0”
Weight: 198 lbs
Eye Color: Red
Physical Description: A tall slender, robotic body that looks similar to the body of a monkey (complete with a tail and everything).
Bio: Classified

Test Proctor 2: Corby
Height:4’3”
Weight: 70 lbs
Eye Color: brown
Physical Description: A monkey in Ninja Clothing…that’s all you need to know.
Bio: Classified
-------

GM: All right, besides what I have placed above there are a few things which I feel I need to mention before everything gets started. So here we go:

-First and most importantly, I will be gone the next five days for my sister's wedding. So don't freak out if your character isn't given my stamp of approval for several days or if any questions you have go unanswered for a while. With this being said, please don't hesitate to post your character. I posted this idea now for a reason...

-I am the only GM.

-As long as you aren't controlling other characters, doing something completely illogical, attempting an action that is just unfair or breaking CAA's rules. I am ok with players attempting to do just about anything in this RP (for instance, taking over the world or obtaining a substantial fortune within a dimension). With this being said, it never hurts to make sure that I am ok with you attempting said action (especially an action as large as taking over the world).

-Finally, have fun...if you don't have fun then I will either A) nuke your home or B) cry and write depressing Livejournal entries about how I failed at my mission to make an entertaining RP...it all depends on how everything is in my life when you decide not to have fun...(joking obviously...about the depression part...I will nuke your house with my invisible nukes if you don't have fun...:lol:)
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:19 am

Aw heck, I'll join. I'm considerably bored and should be sleeping by now, so even more reason!

Subject Name: Vark
Height: 6'4"
Weight: Idk.. He is very muscular and broad. XP
Eye Color: Dark brown.
Hair color: Black

Physical Description: He has very dark skin, shoulder length corn rows, a skinny connecting goatee and mustache, a tattoo of barbed wire spiraled down his right arm, and he is very intimidating looking.

Bio: He has grown up on the streets around fighting and weaponry, so naturally, he has learned it's ways. He was getting bored with the same routine of his life, so when he saw the Omega Quest, he joined, wanting a challenge in his life, but mostly, because he was bored and figured it had to do with beating things, which he happened to like doing.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Ah what the heck!

Subject name: Robin S. Wiredrake
Height: 5'4 not including his neck which adds an extra 2 feet to his body.
Weight: Err... Heavy? He is a robot after all.
Eye color: Whatever he changes the lights inside to. But they are most often green.
Hair color: No hair.

Physical description: A sleek white and light blue robotic half dragon. That's pretty much it.

Bio: I'll tell ya later.
Robin Firedrake

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:06 pm

Subject Name:Subject 815(nickname since he is an experiment mercenary, just call him Job)
Height:yes
Weight:thin
Eye Color:?
Physical Description:not a very tall person, known for wearing a hoodie jeans and a beanie for the band ONE-DIMENSIONAL, has green eyes, and long blonde hair, wears headphones most of the time
Bio:He recently showed up in multiple social experiments, but no one knows anything about him. For the 20 years he's been in the experiment circuit he hasn't seemed to age a day. Claims to be of Earth. ALWAYS is eating something, usually pocky sticks or ramen (an ancient food of an ancient culture) never gains weigth though. He is not a robot, and enjoys long walks on the beach his sign is PISCES, and he has 600 MVP awards usually clearing that circuit.
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Sae-chan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:21 pm

Hahaha, sounds interesting. Guess I'll join. :D

Subject Name: Kei
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: Um, average for his age...?
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Dark brown
Physical Description: He has light skin, and medium to small build - he'd never joined a team in school, and passed PE with the minimum (because it was "too tiring" and "I could be doing better stuff! Like practicing my cards!"). He dresses sloppily and often, he skips bringing essential items on trips because he forgot them. So, he often forgets things that don't relate to cards or magic. (He has 20-odd decks of cards, three of them gaff decks, ten of them custom decks, and the rest standard playing cards.)

Bio: Kei didn't think that the Omega Quest was really real, so when he was dared by his friends to sign up, he did, figuring that it wouldn't end up anywhere. He has two working parents and a sister in college, so he spends his time working on card tricks and flourishes and magic in general. (And has gotten quite good at it.) He loves performing with his cards and at heart, he is an entertainer. Other than that, he's done nothing out of the ordinary. Goes to school, gets average grades. Nothing special. :)

Quote: "See? No cards up my slee--oh, wait... Where did those come from?"
Sae-chan

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:10 pm

peanut wrote:I am the only GM.

Despot.

Subject Name: Nefaren Alexander
Height: 5'9
Weight: Thin, lanky... like someone who lives in a stolen shopping cart and exists mainly off of black coffee and alchohol.
Eye Color: Teal
Physical Description: Scruffy beard, scraggly hair, torn finger gloves, smells like he hasn't bathed in years. Usually has a stupid grin on his face. Looks younger than he is. Carries a switchblade in his pocket.
Bio: Nefaren Alexander (no one knows whether or not this is actually his real name, not that it matters much) is a keen observer of life, a philosopher in his own element who roams the city streets under the unassuming guise of your average bum. Though he's never worked a real job in his life, he quite skilled at inventing catchy cardboard signs with cryptic proverbs that invoke the curiosity of city dwellers who in turn oblige by tossing a couple bucks in his shopping cart (Walmart model). He may seem harmless on the exterior, but he'll change his carefree nature in a flash if highway patrol or rival bums try to shove him off his territory. He votes Libertarian. Nefaron found a free subscription to Omega Quest in a dumpster one day and decided to give it a try.
USSRGirl

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:08 pm

USSRGirl (post: 1276845) wrote:Despot.

Subject Name: Nefaren Alexander
Height: 5'9
Weight: Thin, lanky... like someone who lives in a stolen shopping cart and exists mainly off of black coffee and alchohol.
Eye Color: Teal
Physical Description: Scruffy beard, scraggly hair, torn finger gloves, smells like he hasn't bathed in years. Usually has a stupid grin on his face. Looks younger than he is. Carries a switchblade in his pocket.
Bio: Nefaren Alexander (no one knows whether or not this is actually his real name, not that it matters much) is a keen observer of life, a philosopher in his own element who roams the city streets under the unassuming guise of your average bum. Though he's never worked a real job in his life, he quite skilled at inventing catchy cardboard signs with cryptic proverbs that invoke the curiosity of city dwellers who in turn oblige by tossing a couple bucks in his shopping cart (Walmart model). He may seem harmless on the exterior, but he'll change his carefree nature in a flash if highway patrol or rival bums try to shove him off his territory. He votes Libertarian. Nefaron found a free subscription to Omega Quest in a dumpster one day and decided to give it a try.

XD that's freakin awesome
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby DaughterOfZion » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:36 am

No females? guess ill have to make one.
Subject Name: Faith(goes by fae because she's always told she looks like a faerie.)
Height:4'11"
Weight:90 lbs
Eye Color: Light blue
Physical Description: She's short and skinny(bit of a given), has long blond hair with random dyed strips, her clothes are your standard punk rock fare.
Bio: She's grown up in your average american family both parents work, has a brother blah blah blah. Anyways, she became bored with her normal life and decided to sign up for a "change of pace."
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Robin Firedrake » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:13 am

Actually it's arguable whether there are no girls or not because a robot *cough*wiredrake*cough* can either be male or female depending on what personality is programmed into it.
Robin Firedrake

Postby DaughterOfZion » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:56 am

True, but you did use male pronouns so i assumed it was male.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:28 am

Billiards?

Jordan would be proud.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Peanut » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:08 pm

All the characters which have been posted so far are approved...

Peanut

Postby Robin Firedrake » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:47 am

Yay!... Wait... How many characters do you want?
Robin Firedrake

Postby Peanut » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:15 pm

You are allowed two characters max.

Peanut

Postby Lil_Ninja » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:54 pm

I think he's asking, how many people do you want until you submit.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Robin Firedrake » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:14 pm

yeah that...
Robin Firedrake

Postby Peanut » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:33 pm

I'm waiting for a response from two other people and then I will submit it for approval. You should expect to see it up and running sometime this week (I hope...).

Peanut

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:00 pm

Name - Acelin Hagan
Nickname - Ace
Age - 65
Weight - 215 pounds
Height - 6,2
Skin color - White

Physical decription - A fairly strong man, but with a disturbingly pale skin color. His eyes are fairly gray and he acts old compared to his age. He is fairly large and has many noteable scars. He got a long, yet thin white beard.

Clotheing - Wears a black shirt and brown pants. On his one functioning hand he wears a black fingerless glove. It's unsure why he treasures this so much.

Accessories - In an accident which did happen long ago he lost his right arm. To compensate for this he had a new arm made for him. It was actualy an old mineing tool which was used to drill rocks. However he managed to attach it to his body and it has supriseingly functioned just the way he wants. He has modified it over the ages, but he is doing just fine with it currently. Aside from this he is a noteable smoker, so he useualy carries a pack of cigars around with him.

History - An old veteran of war and a old agent. He has many connections and many favors to pull. Disbanded from the army for some of his methods as an officer, left the agency he worked for as a revealed agent after spending 4 years in a torture camp, not revealing the information he was given.

Personality - You will see.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Peanut » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Your character is approved Jaden.

Peanut

Postby Kaligraphic » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:33 am

Subject Name: Arthur
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 240 lbs
Eye Color: brown
Physical Description: A beast of a man, with neck-length, wild red-brown hair, and a short beard and moustache. Very hairy. Heavy, but it's all muscle. Built like a fighter.
Bio: A Scotsman and former underground MMA champ, Arthur has a MSc in Structural Engineering from the University of Edinburgh, and has been working as an engineer since he stopped fighting full-time. He competes in the Highland Games, and is the reigning champion of the caber toss.

Subject Name: Rat
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 120 lbs
Eye Color: A swirling maelstrom of chaotically shifting colors
Physical Description: Long, flowing black hair, down to the lower back, Rat is the most physically attractive 16-year-old you're ever likely to see. He has shiny, silver-gray eyes, and somewhat delicate facial features. Rat wears small, black glass earrings, tight-fitting black garments covered in buckles, black combat boots, and a set of silvered dog tags. He has a series of interlocking tattoos just above his right wrist that glow sometimes, and that nobody has been able to identify.
Bio: Rat was found outside an orphanage in Los Angeles, and grew up like most other brilliant, talented orphans set upon by the cruel machinations of fate. He likes sushi, cheeseburgers, and hanging out in the mall food court. He was called Rat by the other children in the orphanage, who were jealous of him, and he doesn't know his real name.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Peanut » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Your characters are approved Kali.

Peanut

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:24 pm

Now that you got your two more people are you gonna start the game?
Robin Firedrake

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:38 pm

The answer to that question is yes:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=50997
uc pseudonym

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:45 pm

oh yeah, and my charecter happens to carry around a strange pistol that nobody [alive] knows the use of. Just tell me if that's fine.
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Peanut » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:09 pm

Monkey J. Luffy (post: 1278093) wrote:oh yeah, and my charecter happens to carry around a strange pistol that nobody [alive] knows the use of. Just tell me if that's fine.

PM what kind of pistol this is and I'll see what I can do.

Peanut

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying