Hello Everybody!  。.。:∞♡*♥

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello Everybody!  。.。:∞♡*♥

Postby flowersinthebody » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:05 am

Wow, this is great!

I love how there is no one face of Christianity! There is no one look or way of being! We are all his children in Christ!

My name is Tracy S. and I enjoy anime.

In the past, I enjoyed it too much and really went off the rails, but after giving my life to Christ and starting over, I've learned that The Lord gives us things to enjoy, not for it to take over of us.

I was just talking about how I wanted something light to watch, and about how hard it is to navigate through all of the junk that surrounds us in movies and TV.

Coming upon this website is great in that I wanted something authentic and non-judgmental to help me find something to watch! This website is great in that there are real people out here, like me, who just want to enjoy the things they watch without having to walk through a minefield of temptation. :eyeroll:

I know I may sound crazy, but I'm new to this and I want to enjoy myself on this journey with Christ, in everything that I do; whether it be video games, anime, art, etc. I don't want to waste any more time on junk!

Thank you for having me, and I have hope I will enjoy this website! ∞༺♥༻✧
:hug:

Hello, Everybody!♥*♡∞:。.。Image
flowersinthebody

Re: Hello Everybody!  。.。:∞♡*♥

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:12 pm

Welcome, Tracy! Everything in moderation, including moderation, amirite? :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby flowersinthebody » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 pm

You’ve got that right! Right now, after reading a review, I'm watching the redubbed Neon Genesis Evangelion series on Netflix. Any other recommendations? :)
flowersinthebody

Postby Kaori » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:14 am

Welcome to CAA!

It's great to hear that you feel encouraged by knowing there are other Christians out there who enjoy anime.

If you like mecha/SF anime, I have lots of recommendations:

Escaflowne (fantasy plus mecha)
Patlabor (original TV show is very innocent; I've heard that some of the movies are a bit darker)
Generator Gawl (monster-of-the-week at first, but has a very fascinating concept and plot that come out in the second half)
Irresponsible Captain Tylor (humorous space opera)
Martian Successor Nadesiko (space opera with a lot of humor but that also grapples with some heavy issues)

It's a different genre, but Haibane Renmei is also a must-see if you haven't seen it yet.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby shooraijin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:28 pm

I'll second Nadesico. Pretty funny but not lightweight.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby flowersinthebody » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:25 pm

Sweet! Thank you, everybody! I like a simple shonen with lots of action, but Neon Genesis Evangelion has such great reviews, I felt like I HAD to watch for the hype...
flowersinthebody

Postby flowersinthebody » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:48 pm

*update* I just finished reading the forum rules and saw that Neon Genesis Evangelion is a show that isn't talked about. I initially tried watching it based upon a review I read here on this site. It was confusing, but I completely respect the rules! (I'm not watching it now anyway...) :)
flowersinthebody

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:20 pm

I'll put on my moderator's cap and say that the reason we put NGE in the Do Not Discuss list was because the same stuff kept coming up and people kept saying the same things and conversations generally got out of control with it (as with other DND titles). It doesn't help that the series is a bit controversial even without its quasi-religious veneer ...

However, given that activity on the board is generally quiet, I don't think occasional discussions of non-H titles on the DND list are out of bounds, as long as they don't go crazy (in the sole opinion of the mods, which these days is largely me and Goldy). It should go without saying, of course, that H titles are still verboten.

shooraijin

Postby flowersinthebody » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:38 pm

Thank you for the clarification! I don't want to cause any trouble!

Yes, I completely understand about the H titles as well, I'm thankful I won't be anywhere near it!
flowersinthebody

Postby Furen » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:39 pm

Welcome, Flowers/Tracy :)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Return to Who's Who