Hello!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello!

Postby Lovemelody » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Hey there! I'm Silo. Nice to meet you! ^_^

I'm a graduate student currently trying to obtain my masters in Deaf Education. In addition to learning ASL and Deaf culture, I absolutely love Japanese culture, and one of my dreams is to learn how to speak Japanese fluently.

I grew up with anime/manga and video games. These days I don't actively watch anime or play games like I did during my undergrad, but I still like to take a look at them sometimes and appreciate how they are drawn and implement some of the elements into my drawings and stuff (I'm not the best, but I do try). I generally like anime that's kind of girly, non-violent, and doesn't have a lot of fanservice.

My other hobbies include playing piano and harp, baking, and painting.

It's really a pleasure to meet you! It's hard to find a group that is Christian and likes anime. ^_^
Lovemelody

Re: Hello!

Postby artisticDreamer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:08 am

*waves creepily*
I see I'm not the only one who's here too~
Well, welcome!
artisticDreamer

Postby Sheenar » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:59 am

Welcome, Silo! Glad you are here!

I am a hard of hearing adult and am still in the process of learning/gaining proficiency in ASL. My best friend is a certified ASL interpreter. :)

I miss going to Deaf meetups, though. Transportation is an issue, so I am very, very out of practice.

I look forward to talking with you! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby shooraijin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Welcome, Silo!
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mullet Death » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:54 am

Hallo! Did you draw your avatar, and is that supposed to be you? Very cute! And those are really awesome goals, I wish I had the time to take some sign language courses myself. I'll be going to Japan after I get my Bachelor of Science in Networking for Japanese language learning which is pretty exciting.

I also largely agree with your taste in anime. I'm thankfully more manly than girly, but I like a good romance or romcom and am not big on legit violence or sexual content.

Stick around! Post more! Breathe life into our dead forum! >_> ^_^/

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Lovemelody » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:07 am

Mullet Death wrote:Hallo! Did you draw your avatar, and is that supposed to be you? Very cute! And those are really awesome goals, I wish I had the time to take some sign language courses myself. I'll be going to Japan after I get my Bachelor of Science in Networking for Japanese language learning which is pretty exciting.

初めまして!
Nice to meet you, Mullet Death!

Yes, that's a little drawing of me I did in Spring. Thank you! :) I had no idea that there was such a major as Networking for Japanese language learning. It sounds like a fun major! ^_^

I will definitely post more! Hehe. This seems like an interesting place and everyone seems so nice.
Thanks for the welcome!

shooraijin wrote:Welcome, Silo!

Thank you shooraijin! I feel so welcome. ^_^

Sheenar wrote:Welcome, Silo! Glad you are here!

I am a hard of hearing adult and am still in the process of learning/gaining proficiency in ASL. My best friend is a certified ASL interpreter. :)

I miss going to Deaf meetups, though. Transportation is an issue, so I am very, very out of practice.

Wow! Nice to meet you Sheenar! :D
It's so nice to meet someone here that is wanting to learn sign and knows about the Deaf meetups and stuff, hehe. :) I'm a bit out of practice too, so I wish the best of luck to the both of us. ^_^

I hope I can talk to you more! Really, it's a pleasure to meet you. <3

artisticDreamer wrote:*waves creepily*
Well, welcome!

ArtisticDreamer, I had no idea you were here!! Hey! ^_^ *gives you a hug*
Lovemelody

Postby Penter » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:10 am

Welcome!

I'm our resident coffee dragon weirdo. *pours cup and hands*

Enjoy your stay. ^w^
Penter

Postby artisticDreamer » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:36 pm

artisticDreamer wrote:*waves creepily*
Well, welcome!

ArtisticDreamer, I had no idea you were here!! Hey! ^_^ *gives you a hug*[/quote]
*hugs back*
Now I save someone else to help me spread the insanity... :D
I kid, I kid.
I'm more of a lurker here than anything, but I've been trying to post more~
artisticDreamer

Postby Kraavdran » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:03 pm

Welcome welcome!

What was one of your favorite anime back in undergrad?
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Postby Mullet Death » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Lovemelody wrote:
Mullet Death wrote:Hallo! Did you draw your avatar, and is that supposed to be you? Very cute! And those are really awesome goals, I wish I had the time to take some sign language courses myself. I'll be going to Japan after I get my Bachelor of Science in Networking for Japanese language learning which is pretty exciting.

初めまして!
Nice to meet you, Mullet Death!

Yes, that's a little drawing of me I did in Spring. Thank you! :) I had no idea that there was such a major as Networking for Japanese language learning. It sounds like a fun major! ^_^

Whoops, I have failed at English, never mind Japanese! :D What I meant was "I'll be going to Japan (after I get my major in Networking) for Japanese language learning." I'm currently a Networking Technology student-- boring computer stuff-- but I'm passionate about Japanese. It's one of my dreams to study it abroad.

Mullet Death

Postby Lovemelody » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:39 am

Penter wrote:Welcome!

I'm our resident coffee dragon weirdo. *pours cup and hands*

Enjoy your stay. ^w^

Hey, it's very nice to meet you Penter! ^_^
*is given a cup of coffee* Ah! Thanks!! :D *likes coffee*

artisticDreamer wrote:Now I save someone else to help me spread the insanity... :D
I kid, I kid.
I'm more of a lurker here than anything, but I've been trying to post more~

Hehe, I understand. That's kind of what is happening for me at CM. ^_^
I'm still happy to see you! It's nice seeing a person I recognize!

Kraavdran wrote:Welcome welcome!

What was one of your favorite anime back in undergrad?

Hehe, thanks Kraavdran! It's nice to meet you! ^_^

During undergrad, I think Shugo Chara! was the only one I watched all the way through, besides Kamichama Karin. Also, though it's not very girly, I liked Mushi-shi a lot.
Recently, I finished Your Lie in April. It was the first anime I watched in a long time. ^_^

Mullet Death wrote:Whoops, I have failed at English, never mind Japanese! :D What I meant was "I'll be going to Japan (after I get my major in Networking) for Japanese language learning." I'm currently a Networking Technology student-- boring computer stuff-- but I'm passionate about Japanese. It's one of my dreams to study it abroad.

Oh, I see now! ouo
That's really awesome! I wish you the best with that. I hope to go to Japan sometime too for language learning. I really want to go!
Lovemelody

Postby Kraavdran » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Lovemelody wrote:Hehe, thanks Kraavdran! It's nice to meet you! ^_^

During undergrad, I think Shugo Chara! was the only one I watched all the way through, besides Kamichama Karin. Also, though it's not very girly, I liked Mushi-shi a lot.
Recently, I finished Your Lie in April. It was the first anime I watched in a long time. ^_^

Nice to meet you too!

I haven't heard of Shugo Chara or Kamichama Karin... although I guess that I'm not the target demographic. haha.

Your Lie in April! I actually haven't watched it yet. But my sister did and said that it was really good. I saw a little bit and the animation looks good. Right now, we are watching through Non Non Biyori.
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:32 am

Welcome to CAA! Hope you enjoy it here :)
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Lovemelody » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:33 pm

Kraavdran wrote:Your Lie in April! I actually haven't watched it yet. But my sister did and said that it was really good. I saw a little bit and the animation looks good. Right now, we are watching through Non Non Biyori.

Non Non Byori looks cute! I think I might give it a try. ^_^

Thunderscream872 wrote:Welcome to CAA! Hope you enjoy it here :)

Thank you!! So far, I am enjoying it! ^_^
Lovemelody

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:04 pm

Since the opportunity has arisen I will cut in again to plug Non Non Biyori. Watch it, both seasons. You won't regret it.

Mullet Death

Return to Who's Who