Hey All!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hey All!

Postby courtliza » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi guys! I was so excited to find this website! :)

So...a couple facts about me....

I'm a girl, I'm from PA in the US, and am currently a freshman in college. (I'm a computer science major!)

I don't have a particular single favorite anime, but I really like Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online.
Fushigi Yuugi is probably my favorite manga :D

I'm also really into Asian dramas, so if anyone wants to talk about that I'm all for it.

I like questions so fire away... :)

~Courtliza
courtliza

Re: Hey All!

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi, courtliza. Image
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:49 pm

courtliza wrote:Fushigi Yuugi is probably my favorite manga :D

You.

I like you.

It's nice to see someone with actual taste joining the site. :B

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Welcome Courtliza! And yay! Fushigi Yuugi! ^-^
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Hey, welcome to CAA!

Computer Science is great field to go into. Good jobs. Good pay :)

Who is your favorite character in Attack on Titan?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Hey, welcome! Have a cookie.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Welcome, welcome.

Le gasp! PA! You. Are. Awesome.

Questions. I have many.

What color?
What flavor?
How many?
Why in the world would you talk to internet strangers?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Hello! o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby FourFourSeven » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Oy, welcome!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby artisticDreamer » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:50 am

Hello and welcome! I won't bite! You might want to look behind you every once and a while, though.
Asian dramas, huh... I've seen a few Korean ones. Have you seen Liar Game or 49 Days?
artisticDreamer

Postby courtliza » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:47 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Welcome, welcome.

Le gasp! PA! You. Are. Awesome.

Questions. I have many.

What color?
What flavor?
How many?
Why in the world would you talk to internet strangers?

Wow, this is late, I feel terrible.

Blue is my favorite color.
Coffee flavored anything is the best. ;D
How many? ALL OF THEM
I talk to internet strangers because I am an eccentric introvert that has no physical friends. lol
courtliza

Postby courtliza » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:49 am

Thunderscream872 wrote:Hey, welcome to CAA!

Computer Science is great field to go into. Good jobs. Good pay :)

Who is your favorite character in Attack on Titan?

Thanks! Yes I hope to get a job that is the goal. But I like technology so I'd be just happy to get a job in something I enjoy.

Probably Armin, despite his appearance of weakness, he's a super smart guy who cares about his friends.
courtliza

Postby courtliza » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:50 am

artisticDreamer wrote:Hello and welcome! I won't bite! You might want to look behind you every once and a while, though.
Asian dramas, huh... I've seen a few Korean ones. Have you seen Liar Game or 49 Days?

I have not! I am fairly new to this world of K-drama, but am rapidly learning. Are they worth my time?
courtliza

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:17 am

courtliza wrote:Thanks! Yes I hope to get a job that is the goal. But I like technology so I'd be just happy to get a job in something I enjoy.

That's great that you're into it. My current major is Information Technology, and I pretty much have to force myself to be more interested in technology so that I take the field more seriously. I do enjoy it, but being that is not my #1 passion, so sometimes its difficult to stay interested. Couldn't do Computer Science -- too programming intensive, and way too much math for me, lol.

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

Thunderscream872

Postby courtliza » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:24 am

Thunderscream872 wrote:That's great that you're into it. My current major is Information Technology, and I pretty much have to force myself to be more interested in technology so that I take the field more seriously. I do enjoy it, but being that is not my #1 passion, so sometimes its difficult to stay interested. Couldn't do Computer Science -- too programming intensive, and way too much math for me, lol.

I feel ya about the math. I personally am very bad at math, but I'm toughing it out. My concentration is software development, so I'm pretty programming heavy, but if I had done the pure computer science concentration I would have died. IT is what I am planning on doing, at least until I can afford to get my masters in Cybersecurity (I'm all about the ethical hacking ;D)

If I may ask, what is your #1 passion?
courtliza

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:46 am

courtliza wrote:I feel ya about the math. I personally am very bad at math, but I'm toughing it out. My concentration is software development, so I'm pretty programming heavy, but if I had done the pure computer science concentration I would have died. IT is what I am planning on doing, at least until I can afford to get my masters in Cybersecurity (I'm all about the ethical hacking ;D)

If I may ask, what is your #1 passion?

Software Development is great field to go into from what I understand.

My #1 passion? That's difficult to answer cause I feel like it changes from time to time. I enjoy writing (fiction), drawing, making AMVs along with other YouTube videos, etc. Basically, I enjoy producing art in one form or another, and hope that one day I'm good enough to create a following that enjoys what I produce. I'm only now starting to take writing and drawing allot more seriously so that one day maybe I can make a manga or a book series or something like that so that I can put the stories in my head out there for other people to enjoy.

I'm going for IT so that I can live comfortably (have money to buy things I want), and spend my free time doing the things I love. That's basically the plan :)

Thunderscream872

Postby courtliza » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:45 am

Thunderscream872 wrote:
Software Development is great field to go into from what I understand.

My #1 passion? That's difficult to answer cause I feel like it changes from time to time. I enjoy writing (fiction), drawing, making AMVs along with other YouTube videos, etc. Basically, I enjoy producing art in one form or another, and hope that one day I'm good enough to create a following that enjoys what I produce. I'm only now starting to take writing and drawing allot more seriously so that one day maybe I can make a manga or a book series or something like that so that I can put the stories in my head out there for other people to enjoy.

I'm going for IT so that I can live comfortably (have money to buy things I want), and spend my free time doing the things I love. That's basically the plan :)

That sounds really cool! You seem to be talented in a variety of subjects :)
When I first started looking at colleges, I wanted to go for art, but I realized that it would probably destroy my passion to draw, since I enjoy drawing what I want and not what other people tell me to draw. I taught myself how to draw manga from various online stuff haha.
courtliza

Postby artisticDreamer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:05 pm

courtliza wrote:
artisticDreamer wrote:Hello and welcome! I won't bite! You might want to look behind you every once and a while, though.

I have not! I am fairly new to this world of K-drama, but am rapidly learning. Are they worth my time?

Liar Game is excellent; it's the best one I've seen thus far. I liked 49 Days, but it's apparently pretty sad.
artisticDreamer

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:42 pm

Armin is the best! Extra awesome points for you!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Who's Who