Howdy Yall

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Howdy Yall

Postby Pistis Koinonia » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:46 pm

Don't know much about anime. But I am an artist.. among alot of other things. My brother referred me to this site.. thought it looked pretty cool. So anyway, I am here and since I am from Texas.... HOWDY YALL!!

With the Love of Christ,

Pistis Koinonia
(Faith & Fellowship)
Pistis Koinonia

Postby shooraijin » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:49 pm

Don't worry, there's lots of variety in anime, and there's bound to be something that's just your type.

Nice to have you on board! :thumb:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby andyroo » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:51 pm

I bid ye welcome to the boards. Ha. I've been wanting to say that for a few days now. Hope that you enjoy things here. hmm. another artist... and Texan.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Woo Hoo

Postby WhiteÃ…ngel » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:14 pm

There's my bro....

You have no idea how happy I am to introduce you to this great group...
I know you don't know as much as we do about anime, but we will remedy that... LOL

I know that you will be a great asset to the art and the Apologetics topics here...

Man ... things just get better and better... now if I could just get you to move back down here to Texas ... come on! you know you want to be an Aggie! .. I'll work on that later...

and now for my welcome ... so...

I'm the old guy here.. I say old guy stuff .. just pretend your paying attention and wait till I fall asleep to walk away..:grin:

so.... I welcome you to an awesome forum.. in Jesus name...
"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome
me but the one who sent me."

We look forward to your posts and thoughts... oh ..and art.. I love art.:thumb:
WhiteÃ…ngel

Postby Technomancer » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:29 pm

Hey there! Good to meet you.

PS. What's an Aggie? (I thought it was a type of marble)
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Ashley » Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:07 pm

what's an AGGIE?!

*recovers from shock* An Aggie is a person that went to one of the 2 big schools in Texas: Texas A&M (aggies) or the University of Texas (Longhorns). Aggies and Longhorns are arch-rivals.
Ashley

Postby minjigga » Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:29 pm

whooo. more people to add to these conversations. fun. welcome. and have fun. payce and God bless.
payce:God bless:minjigs
minjigga

Postby inkhana » Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:53 pm

Howdy there! ;)

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:09 pm

Welcome aboard, we're always glad to have more people on.
uc pseudonym

Postby WhiteÃ…ngel » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:06 pm

I was going to answer the Aggie Question when I lost my cable connection .... man.. I missed the meeting too...
WhiteÃ…ngel

Postby calbhach » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:17 pm

Hey there!

I know, I know, you think we're all crazy...right? Well, I hate to tell you this..but...:wow!: You are absolutely right!:wow!:

You win the grand prize!

Calbh

Adopted ~ The Melody Maker :)

Adopted by ~ CephasVII :D

Adopted as a pet by ~ 1BalloonPopper ^_^

Adopted pets ~ Marbles (1BalloonPopper) =D
calbhach

Postby Pistis Koinonia » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:45 am

Well Thank You for the Warm Greetings Brothers and SIsters. I really do appreciate it. Currently I am not sure if I am planning to put my artwork on a website, or maybe just send it to whoever ask for it. If anyone would care to email me they can at sandscaye@yahoo.com ... or Yahoo IM with the same SN.
T Chan..we can make this place both beautiful and romantic. ;)

Oh Ashley darlin.. it's not the University of Texas... It's Texas University... THere is only one University of Texas... Texas A&M...
... Habbabaloo baloo baloo....Gig 'Em :thumb:
Pistis Koinonia

Postby Ashley » Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:02 am

That's the way it goes huh? Well...let me put it to you this way. My parents said I could go anywhere I wanted to go school wise, and they would try to support me....but if I went to A&M I risked disownment. Hook 'em horns all the way!

Oh, p.s., they were joking, but mom did go to UTMB.
Ashley

Postby Pistis Koinonia » Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:26 am

Hey Brothers and Sisters, just wanted to upload a sample of my art work here. Bryce, Maya, Poser Pro, and Lightwave with touch ups brought to you courtesy of Adobe Paint 7.0. Yall be good now ya hear. I am off to Church...........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pistis Koinonia

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:58 am

Which versions of Bryce and Maya? I've got Bryce 5 on my dual G4, although I haven't really mastered it yet. Your render is practically a postcard pic ;)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:00 am

> Oh, p.s., they were joking, but mom did go to UTMB.

Hmm, maybe they weren't joking ... :brow:

shooraijin

Postby inkhana » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:58 am

Pretty pic! It does look like a postcard! BTW, what should we call you for short?

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:28 pm

Some of us can't deal with the simple phrase "Ya'll". It's a statistical thing.
Mithrandir

Postby inkhana » Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:56 pm

If you don't get "y'all" you probably won't enjoy being here for very long. Too many Texans for that, of which I am one.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Pistis Koinonia » Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:35 pm

Thanks for the compliments. I have posted my version of what hell is really like, Eternal Seperation form God. I use Bryce 4.0 and Maya 4.5. PoserPro.. which is like 4.5. And not sure what version lightwave is. So anyway, hope yall like 'em. Oh ya. And yall, well, yall gonna have to get used to tha accent. People from Texas say and do funny things. Like it is almost impossible for us to say the "ing" on the end of a word. Darlin. Runnin. Goin. Smilin. Doin. We are "ing" challenged. :sweat:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pistis Koinonia

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:43 pm

This was the first thread I saw a "ya'll" actually used. And you can probably tell I'm not a newbie here. Besides, even if all our Texans did speak in a stereotypical accent, that doesn't mean they type that way.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ashley » Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:23 pm

People from Texas say and do funny things. Like it is almost impossible for us to say the "ing" on the end of a word. Darlin. Runnin. Goin. Smilin. Doin. We are "ing" challenged.

:shady:
Speak for yourself, cowboy. And for the record, I absolutely refuse to say the Y word.
Ashley

Thirst

Postby Pistis Koinonia » Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:38 pm

Isn't it awesome to receive a refreshing reminder from Christ of why we are here? I encourage you all to listen to Third Day's "Love Song" as soon as possible. Remember why it is that we are to live the way we are to live. Why we are still here. What is the Bible all about and all this talk of Jesus and redemption. It's a love song. A precious love letter written from the Groom to His Bride. Refresh yourselves and renew yourselves. Spread love amongst each other as He would to you. He says to love one another and remember that were we are, He is amongst us. His love surpasses all knowledge and understanding. But know this, that we love Him because He first loved us. That while we were still dead in our sins, He proved this love by sending His one and only son, Jesus, to die on the cross for us.
His love... His life....His death.... His message... It's a Love Song.... and He wrote it to you.

Just Live It,
Soup
Pistis Koinonia

Postby Izumi San » Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:46 pm

Heehee welcome !! *hands chocolates* Hope you enjoy your stay ^^
I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like, is any of this for real, or not?
Izumi San

Postby Pistis Koinonia » Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:55 pm

HEEEEYYYYY. CHOCOLATE!!!! I likes you. Isn't that the 11th commandment? Thou shall obstain from chocolate. THought I heard that somewhere one time. Was it a Theology Class? No No. I don't think so. Oh ya... it was Weight Watchers. Anyway.. I love the Chrsitmas Hersheys. The fireworks the other night reminded me off them. Alot of them were green and red. I was like.. I can't wait for Christmas.
Pistis Koinonia

Postby Pistis Koinonia » Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:00 pm

HEys guys.. one more question then I will shut up. I haven't been here that long so maybe someone could direct me to the right part. But I am having trouble finding anything that resembles some sort of outreach, or ministry, or something that does something to bring people into knowledge of Christ. You all ;) do anime right? Is anyone working on putting together a movie or a magazine or something to get this message out there? Just curious and would really appreciate it if someone could steer me in the right direction so I can check it out and see what awesome work you all ;) are doing for the Lord.

Just Live It
Jason
Pistis Koinonia

Postby andyroo » Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:06 pm

Hey, I thought your name was soup. whatever.

Just scroll down till you see some word projects. Click on any one of the forums to see what we're up too. It's also good to check out the comments area if you scroll down further.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Ashley » Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:06 pm

http://www.christiananime.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=28

Good job Andy! This is the projects thread. We have a few in the works right now, including a manga, some tracts, and an animation.
Ashley

Postby Pistis Koinonia » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:21 am

Thanks all. I combed through and kinda checked everything out to see what everyone is up to. Saw alot of talk about doing things and a few cool projects people are working on for themselves. But I didn't actually see anything that has the ball rolling. Did I miss something? Is there any organized effort to get this magna track out? Has anything been done beyond the sharing of ideas? If not. Why not? Lots of great work and talent out there. But it does no good if we aren't putting that to use in an active manner. I would like to see some sort of story board or timeline or sample rough sketch animation. I think that would be cool and encouraging for others to get involved and take steps to get things accomplished. Is there anything like this that currently exist? I would like to share it with everyone so they too could enjoy it and feed off of it, it would perhaps motivate them to take action. I am off to the gym then to work. If anyone knows of a link on this site to some actual working projects.. please send them. I would love to se them and spread them around so others could see them as well.

Just Live It.
Soup
Pistis Koinonia

Postby Ashley » Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:31 am

Ok, here's the scoop on what's going on.

Manga: the primary artist for issue one is drawing it right now. I don't know precisely when she'll be through, because of work and the like, but she'll be faithful to the end--of that I have no doubt. Issue #2 is being written; should be done by mid July. Issue #3's outline was just posted, so we should be conceptualizing that soon, as in a week.

Tract: no, no one has done anything beyond ideas. Even then, we haven't had a real sturdy theme to jump on. Why? I have no idea.

Animation: the frames are being developed right now. I have the storyboard/script saved on my harddrive. If you want a copy pm me for it.

I agree, it's no good if we can't actually DO something, but I also realize these things take time. The animation especially...it'll be somewhere near 2 min I think, so it will take almost all of the summer to finish, unless Nekomi proves me wrong. But, your post was taken to heart, and we will be doing SOMETHING here soon, I promise.
Ashley

Next

Return to Who's Who