How Do You Keep Track of the TV Shows You Watch?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

How Do You Keep Track of the TV Shows You Watch?

Postby Furen » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:23 am

I know many of you are aware I'm more into TV shows than anime, but one thing anime always had was MAL, which I thought was a genius idea, but I wanted something like that for television. I mean, we have:
- MAL for anime
- Backloggery for video games (Which is also super useful, but more of a blank slate, it's built for games, but you can put whatever, as you put the titles in yourself)
Amazon books (And others) for books

Turns out, I wasn't the only one that had that issue either, because someone created a thing similar called TV Maze, which I use, but I want to know what the rest of you use, either using it as well, or if you've been doing something else that works well.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Re: How Do You Keep Track of the TV Shows You Watch?

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:08 am

Never really kept track of the TV shows that I watch, mainly cause I watch a number of shows on and off and drop and pick them back up again on a regular basis--though I guess that's a pretty good reason to keep track of them. I'm probably gonna start keeping track of them in an Excel document.

I checked out TV Maze. It seems pretty cool, but not quite as nice as MAL. Thanks for sharing, though. :)
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Re: How Do You Keep Track of the TV Shows You Watch?

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:59 am

Ooooh, I'd been looking for something like this! Thanks for leading me to TVMaze; I think I'll use this! One question, though.... Is there a way to see a list of all the shows you've completed? Once you mark that you've watched all the episodes of a show, it disappears from your watchlist.... And one of the main things I want something like this for is to have a nice, handy list of all the things I've already watched.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to General Entertainment