Narnia Films

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Narnia Films

Postby John_Smith » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:47 pm

The Silver Chair is confirmed!

For those who haven't kept track this, the Narnia films were dead in the water, so this comes a surprise. Anyone else excited?
John_Smith

Re: Narnia Films

Postby DecooPunk » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:35 pm

Asdfafdagshsa. Yes I'm excited! *Proceeds to run around house flailing arms.*
I hope they don't mess it up >_<
DecooPunk

Postby Crossfire » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:25 pm

I dunno. After how Prince Caspian and Voyage turned out, I'm not particularly enthusiastic.
Crossfire

Postby PandaPop » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Does this mean I can hurry and catch up on the films and then be excited >.<?!!!!
Quick funny story when I was in 11th grade I had conversation with this kid in class about the symbolism of Narnia, and then as soon as I finished this long monologue about how beautiful I think it is, the teacher walked up to me and said "that was deep" in a very serious tone then walked away.
PandaPop

Postby SierraLea » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Not actually that excited. The Silver Chair was my least favorite book. I really want to know if they'll do The Horse and his Boy.
I thought the Voyage was a pretty good adaption, considering the different things they had to do. Eustace had to be played up to get into our good graces so we would like him as the hero for the next ones, and the plotline gave it more cohesion than the original book did.
SierraLea

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:45 pm

SierraLea wrote:Not actually that excited. The Silver Chair was my least favorite book. I really want to know if they'll do The Horse and his Boy.

Seconded. My favorite book of the whole series was The Horse and his Boy. I just... I don't know how they would make it a movie without messing it up.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:46 pm

I wonder if they'll get the same actors. I hope so, if only for some continuity, though I wasn't terribly fond of the latest rendition of Eustace. Still, this is good news! If this does well, maybe we'll finally get movies of The Horse and His Boy and The Magician's Nephew!
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Noooooooo.... :mutter:
I was terrified that this would happen. First off, you don't want to hear my old vs. new Narnia movies rant, so I'll leave that one alone. I'll just say horrible graphics aside, the old Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe and Prince Caspian were better; the new Voyage of the Dawn Treader was better. But putting these aside, I really really don't want to see a remake of Silver Chair. You wanna know why?.....

.....There will never be another Puddleglum.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:33 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Noooooooo.... :mutter:
I was terrified that this would happen. First off, you don't want to hear my old vs. new Narnia movies rant, so I'll leave that one alone. I'll just say horrible graphics aside, the old Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe and Prince Caspian were better; the new Voyage of the Dawn Treader was better. But putting these aside, I really really don't want to see a remake of Silver Chair. You wanna know why?.....

Don't worry. George Lucas is handling it; it couldn't possibly go wrong.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Crossfire » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Yuki-Anne wrote:
ClaecElric4God wrote:Noooooooo.... :mutter:

Don't worry. George Lucas is handling it; it couldn't possibly go wrong.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I watched the prequel trilogy as they released in theaters. And I liked it.

My only other media experience with The Silver Chair was that audio CD that came out a few years back. If the movie, er, sounds(?) anything like that, it should be decent enough. Although I very much doubt it at this rate.
Crossfire

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Umm... no... I'd rather see this series rebooted than a Silver Chair made. The first movie was decent but nothing special. It should have been so much better. Prince Caspian was a bore and Voyage basically used it's source material as toilet paper. After how terrible Voyage was, I really don't care to see another Narnia film made. Don't try to tell me how Voyage was all right and all... it was a terrible film. If the films continue in the following trend, then Silver Chair will be even worse than Voyage.

No no no, just reboot the series please or let dead horses lie.
Scarecrow

Postby Adie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Hm. I want to be optimistic, but I strongly, strongly disliked the Caspian and Dawn Treader films (I thought The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was well done), so I'm a bit hesitant about this. Who knows, though? Maybe it'll be better than the last two films, and maybe—like the_wolfs_howl mentioned—it'll lead to a movie adaptation of The Magician's Nephew, which would be cool. :)

Scarecrow wrote:Voyage basically used it's source material as toilet paper.

Thank you for putting into words what bothered me most about the Dawn Treader movie. :p
Adie

Postby Peanut » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm not excited by this news. I have fond memories of the old BBC version, I liked The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and, if this thread is anything to go by, I might be one of the only people here who really liked Prince Caspian. Voyage of the Dawn Treader was just a cheesy, bad movie that killed any excitement I had for this series.
Peanut

Return to General Entertainment