Skateboard help...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Skateboard help...

Postby Pantakrator » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:20 pm

I'm completely new to all this. My brother offered to buy me a deck and I took him up on it. Where do I start? What brand/s has cheap but good trucks, wheels, risers, etc. ... What do I absolutely need? Please! Need help!!!
Luke 10:22 ... "No one knows who the son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son choses to reveal him"

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby JediSonic » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:06 am

Hmm... I am also a newbie skateboarder (and not heavy on spending money) so I just bought a $40 'kryptonics' brand board. I'm not very experienced with different kinds of boards so I couldn't tell you if it was a very good deal any better than the next person.

However, I should warn you that getting a 'professional' or really good board will most likely cost upwards of a hundred dollars.
JediSonic

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:57 am

I use krux trucks, spitfire wheels, black magic grip tape (and MAN do I hate that name...), and dooks risers (if I even use them). Oh yeah, and if you feel like killing yourself, get Lucky brand abec-3 bearings. Those things RAWK. :rock:
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby JediSonic » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:02 pm

I have abec-5 bearings and my friend's skateboard goes wayy faster than mine. higher number=faster speed, right? :lol:
JediSonic

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:21 pm

Bearings have nothing to do with speed. The lubricant used in the bearings do, however. That's why I recommend Lucky, they use REALLY good lubricant. What affects speed is kickoff power and the tightness of your wheels.
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby Locke » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:25 pm

awsome another skater !! when you start some people call u a poser, so watch out.
oh yeah this thread reminded me to post the brazil tour pics(im getting to it!) .

poser locke
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Pantakrator » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:17 pm

Cool. Thanks for the info guys!

Locke wrote: when you start some people call u a poser, so watch out.

Oh well, guess I'll have to pull out my metal CDs and copy of the Hobbit. Then they'll know I'm no poser! :hits_self :lol: :sweat: ;)

Bad MXPX, BAD!!!
Luke 10:22 ... "No one knows who the son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son choses to reveal him"

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby That Dude » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:51 pm

Ooh a skating thread...Yeah I'd try and find a deck that kinda dips in towards the middle...If you know what I mean...I need to start skating again...I need a new board. Moo??

(why you say bad MXPX...MXPX good ^_^)
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Pantakrator » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:59 pm

Hmm... Sorry, don't know what you mean. I'm still in that poser/beginning phase. Couldn't tell the difference between a deck and a truck...just kidding. BTW, MXPX hurts my ears. Except for that Chick Magnet song, me likey that one.

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Return to General Entertainment