Asian Drama fans?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Asian Drama fans?

Postby KougaHane » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:27 pm

I've been getting into Japanese dramas lately, specifically Hana yori Dango, anyone else a fan? If not I would recommend it, it's really good.:thumb:
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby Atria35 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:41 pm

um, YES. I am for sure an Asian Drama fan, mostly Korean because I find they tend to have better scripts and acting. I really like Hello, My Lady, and Fated to Love You, and You're Beautiful, among others.
Atria35

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:03 pm

I love Tamra Island and On Air
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby alma » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:19 pm

I would not consider myself a fan at all, but I sometimes watch the ones that are based on Manga or anime stories.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby ABlipinTime » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:03 pm

You said Asian drama but didn't actually specify a specific country. I'll assume that you meant to leave that open.
I do occasionally see Asian TV shows, such as Full House (Korean). *lol*
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Oops I meant the only Asian film I like that's close to drama is oldboy
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Atria35 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:56 pm

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1521349) wrote:The only Asian film close to a drama is old boy

Which means you should check some out. They're pretty good (I'm always up to recommending a Korean on, I don't know many Japanese or other ones)
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Although I need to start watching more of it, I really like the Korean drama City Hunter. Also, some Filipino telesaries are pretty good, too bad TFC never has english subs so I can't understand anything, save for some full sentence english, or even, full english scenes >.< Oh well, at least their DVD movies has subs!

If anyone knows of good Japanese drama, I'd like to watch! (Plus it could *aid* in my learning skill, just a little, since I know watching real life stuff helps language A LOT)
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:56 am

I watched Japanese dramas a lot in the early days of being a missionary to help my language skills. I watched Hana Yori Dango and enjoyed the first season but the second season drove me nuts and made me hate it.

Hanazakari no Kimitachi E is hilarious. I loved it.

Majo Saiban is a really good psychological thriller drama. I recommend it if you don't want to watch a mushy schoolgirl romance drama. Actually, Majo Saiban is, to date, the best drama I've watched.

Maou was also a psychological thriller that I watched. It was addictive but it was also over the top, especially as it neared the end.

I'm currently watching Water Boys, which is pretty hilarious. It's about synchronized swimming at an all boys high school.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby TWWK » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:11 am

ABlipinTime (post: 1521347) wrote:I do occasionally see Asian TV shows, such as Full House (Korean). *lol*

Ahhh, "Full House"...so good. That was the defining Korean drama of my group of friends during college.

My wife is watching "Can't Lose" right now - I'm watching bits and pieces as well, and I'm enjoying it.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Atria35 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:49 am

I, for one, adored the Liar Game drama. I know it's a very incomplete adaptation of the manga, and I hate mushroom-head with all my heart, but wow. Just amazing.

Gokusen was also pretty good. I mean, it's rather campy, but it's a feel-good series, and pretty funny.

Onsen was also very good- reminded me of Hanasaku Iroha, but with food and without the high school romance drama. Quite excelent!

The one I'm planning on watching soon is Ryusei no Kizuna, which is a murder mystery.
Atria35

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:35 pm

I've seen the first couple of episodes of Liar Game, and I found it somewhat enjoyable. But the girl is so stupid and naive it drives me crazy. That was one thing I liked about Hana Yori Dango; the female protagonist was not weak or stupid. Not in the first season, anyway.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Neane » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Atria35 (post: 1521464) wrote:I, for one, adored the Liar Game drama.

I too adored it. The manga convinced me to watch it. When I was younger, my mom and I would watch the channel that would offer Korean Dramas. They are all wonderful to watch.
Neane

Postby muzik_gurl » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:29 am

I LOVE ASIAN DRAMAS! Especially Korean!

Boys Before Flowers (korean version of Hana yori Dango)
Playful Kiss
Winter Sonata
Heartstrings (currently watching)
Hi My Sweetheart (Taiwanese I believe....)
I liked, but had to stop watching cuz they were rude - My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, Your Beautiful.
[color="Magenta"]I confess...I sing along to foreign songs that I dont understand at all. They're usually Korean.[/color]
muzik_gurl

Postby Atria35 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:05 am

muzik_gurl (post: 1524094) wrote:Winter Sonata

They actually made an anime out of this one! xD It's on my to-watch list
Atria35

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:26 pm

I've started watching Boys over Flowers and I love it! I haven't gotten very far yet, but it's really good! I like it better than the manga, though I only read the first volume of it.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby muzik_gurl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:50 am

Atria35 (post: 1524588) wrote:They actually made an anime out of this one! xD It's on my to-watch list

No way! lol I should check it out! Did they keep the name the same or what is it called?
[color="Magenta"]I confess...I sing along to foreign songs that I dont understand at all. They're usually Korean.[/color]
muzik_gurl

Postby muzik_gurl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:52 am

wildpurplechild (post: 1524598) wrote:I've started watching Boys over Flowers and I love it! I haven't gotten very far yet, but it's really good! I like it better than the manga, though I only read the first volume of it.

The Korean version? The guys are hot right?! BBF got me into kpop because of Ji Hoo. He is the leader of SS501. Which F4 do you think is cutest? i like the player, he is soo dang cute!
muzik_gurl

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 am

muzik_gurl (post: 1524787) wrote:No way! lol I should check it out! Did they keep the name the same or what is it called?

It's called Winter Sonata. So it shouldn't be too hard to find it!
Atria35

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:51 am

I generally like the films of Park Chan-Wook (Oldboy), or at least the few I've seen, but I'm a bigger fan of the Japanese filmmaker Akira Kurosawa who made films like Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, Ikiru, Sanjuro, RAN, The Hidden Fortress, Throne of Blood, Kagemusha. All of these movies named I have seen. Most of these films inspired western filmmakers including George Lucas (who borrowed elements from Hidden Fortress for the original Star Wars film), Francis Ford Coppola and Steven Spielberg. Seven Samurai was also remade by John Sturges as The Magnificent Seven while Yojimbo was remade as A Fistful of Dollars
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Neane » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:07 am

bigsleepj (post: 1524969) wrote:I generally like the films of Park Chan-Wook

I love you. Have you seen the Korean Movie called Bittersweet Life yet?
I have seen about say 32 Asian Films. Was Introduced to Asian Films by CBC's Late Night Movie Watch and all the nights in which I could not get to sleep. And I have to say that the Korean Movie Industry does a wonderful job at producing top-quality films. For Example,
A Tale of Two Sisters is a wonderful Horror Korean Movie. And
I Saw the Devil succeeds in everything while Saw fails in everything, another great Horror film is Wishing Stairs.

And I have seen some of Akira Kurosawa's films. Amazing Man he was.
Neane

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:33 am

Neane (post: 1524975) wrote:Have you seen the Korean Movie called Bittersweet Life yet?

No. I've been in a bit of a Korean cinema drought of late (not intentional, I should add). Last film I saw was The Host, which was kind of good and different, but I had trouble following the Kafka-esque twists in the plot.

Neane (post: 1524975) wrote:And I have seen some of Akira Kurosawa's films. Amazing Man he was.

Okay, what films of his did you see?
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Neane » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Ran
Yojimbo
Kagemusha
Neane

Postby wildpurplechild » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:48 pm

muzik_gurl (post: 1524788) wrote:The Korean version? The guys are hot right?! BBF got me into kpop because of Ji Hoo. He is the leader of SS501. Which F4 do you think is cutest? i like the player, he is soo dang cute!

I need to watch it more! For looks I like So Yi Jung. By the way do you know if there are any K-dramas available in America?
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:46 pm

It's not really a drama, but I'm quite fond of "Eat, Drink, Man, Woman". I highly recommend it.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby muzik_gurl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:13 am

[B wrote:
A Tale of Two Sisters[/B] is a wonderful Horror Korean Movie...

I LOVE that movie! It was soo good!
muzik_gurl

Postby muzik_gurl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:16 am

wildpurplechild (post: 1525365) wrote:I need to watch it more! For looks I like So Yi Jung. By the way do you know if there are any K-dramas available in America?

Ah! So Ji Young! Thats his name! I love him ^^ Korean dramas available on TV? Some cable/satellite company offer Korean channels, but I dont know about subs.
muzik_gurl

Return to General Entertainment