[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Doctor Who birthday - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Doctor Who birthday

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Doctor Who birthday

Postby GeneD » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:41 am

I am planning a Doctor Who themed party for my birthday this year and have been scouring the internet for ideas. I know there are fellow fans here so I need any suggestions and ideas for food, décor, activities etc. that you guys can throw at me. :n_n:

There is a strong possibility that I will be serving fish fingers and custard.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:47 pm

You should decorate with origami TARDISes.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1518494) wrote:You should decorate with origami TARDISes.

Nah, TARDIS cake.

I suspect that there must be at least one birthday related episode you could watch, or maybe several you could marathon. Ask Rocklobster he might know.

Yeah just watch some episodes, favorites a chunk of the last season, whatever.

Bowties, bowties are cool.
Maybe even a fez or two...

Maybe some music?

Idk, not much of a party person.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Actually, BBC America just recently put up an article on this very topic, and it's quite thorough. :)

Hope that helps! :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby rocklobster » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:20 am

MomentOfInertia (post: 1518503) wrote:Nah, TARDIS cake.

I suspect that there must be at least one birthday related episode you could watch, or maybe several you could marathon. Ask Rocklobster he might know.

Yeah just watch some episodes, favorites a chunk of the last season, whatever.

Bowties, bowties are cool.
Maybe even a fez or two...

Maybe some music?

Idk, not much of a party person.

I'd suggest watching all 9 surviving regeneration episodes. (except "The Twin Dilemma." That sucked so much it should've never even aired!)Or "The Five Doctors", the best multi-doctor story. Especially since we probably won't see another one like it ever again.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Xeno » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:50 am

My birthday cake from 2009. There was originally a three dimensional one made by a lady at my mom's church who was really good with cakes, but something happened and it collapsed over night. My mother didn't think to take a picture of it for some reason though.

Xeno

Postby GeneD » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. I was actually thinking of showing the very first Dr Who episode, but the other episode ideas are very welcome.

Funny fact; the first costume that four different people on four different occasions told me they think would be fun to do was Cassandra, the flat-skin lady from s1 and 2, which I find quite funny. From what some of my guests have said they will be wearing it is pretty much going to be mostly a Doctor Who villains party, but that is totally awesome too. :D
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Return to General Entertainment