First Image of Henry Cavill as Superman

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Based on these images, I expect the central theme of this Superman film to be "I'm sad that I'm flying."
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Solid Ronin (post: 1501428) wrote:And the red trunks should never have left.

Did you call them "trunks" because you're uncomfortable with saying, "I miss the bright red speedo?"

Because that's kind of all it is, and I'm just REALLY glad it's gone, because it never made sense to me.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1501939) wrote:Did you call them "trunks" because you're uncomfortable with saying, "I miss the bright red speedo?"

Because that's kind of all it is, and I'm just REALLY glad it's gone, because it never made sense to me.

Honestly, I think that the old super hero suits drew a lot of inspiration from the old time strongmen outfits, which if you have seen pictures of, tended to be speedos. Your reaction is exactly why it's outdated and has needed a revamp if Superman is to stay in modern times.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:34 pm

A CGI cape is probably the way to go if you're going for something stylish that isn't practical. Think Spawn. The movie was rubbish but the CGI cape was amazing. Same thing applies here.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Previous

Return to General Entertainment