By Crom! New Conan the Barbarian movie!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

By Crom! New Conan the Barbarian movie!

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:00 am

What is best in life?
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!"
and to see that another Conan the Barbarian movie is coming!
click here!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Known about this for a while and that trailer failed to impress, it wasn't bad but looked and felt like the Clash of the titans remake. Generic fantasy.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:39 pm

I love me some Conan, but I really couldn't stand the old Ahnold movies. This one looks like it might be a bit better, but the actor playing Conan just doesn't have the muscles for it.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:40 pm

CROOOOOOMMM!!!

Okay, two things: As a Stargate fan, I'm happy to see Jason Momoa getting work.

As a realist, I don't think he'll be getting much more work after this. Because, honestly, even though nobody's under the illusion that Arnold Schwarzneggar is a good actor, we all love him anyway, and EVERYBODY'S going to compare this movie to the old one. And I don't see this film having what it takes to win the love of people who loved the old one. I haven't even seen the old one, just the Nostalgia Critic's review of it, but I can already tell, there's a flavor and feel to the old, a feeling of campy epicness, which totally wins in a lot of ways. This movie looks like every other movie that's come out in the past five years or so; as Grubb said, it looks and feels like Clash of the Titans. I just don't see this performing well in the box office; I've never seen anyone clamoring for a remake of Conan, and even if they did, I have to say objectively that I don't think Jason Momoa has the screen presence to do it. He's still playing...

Oh my gosh. Ronan. Conan. This isn't just typecasting anymore, is it?!

EDIT: Htom ninja'd me and totally shot my preconceptions down. Okay, some people don't love Arnold, and do want a remake. XD
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby GeneD » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:24 am

Seems to me if you liked the Arnold movies, there's a good chance you won't like this one, but people who didn't watch/like or don't have a nostalgic connection to those (like me) might like this one.

I'll probably go and see it, mostly because
Yuki-Anne (post: 1493035) wrote: As a Stargate fan, I'm happy to see Jason Momoa getting work.
and because sometimes mindless pop-corn action movies are fun.

Also, I really like the bit of music in the trailer where he fights the sand-monster-people, right after the woman shouts "Conan".
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:49 am

GeneD (post: 1493182) wrote:Seems to me if you liked the Arnold movies, there's a good chance you won't like this one, but people who didn't watch/like or don't have a nostalgic connection to those (like me) might like this one.

I've seen the Arnold movies, but I've read the original stories by Robert E Howard, which are entertaining but well written and fairly memorable. They are also somewhat different and much better than the previous movies and much better. The other movies have aged badly in many ways.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Return to General Entertainment