My Little Pony Friendship is Magic General

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:59 pm

I've started watching this show too now, thanks to this thread. XD I'm not caught up and probably won't be for a long time (if I ever am); I've only seen about 4.5 episodes.

I like what I've seen. It's a fun show to watch with my sisters. (The guys in my house aren't interested. XD)

I laughed pretty hard when the Cutie Mark Crusaders were considering whether arguing was their special talent. And I've cracked up a bunch of times during what I've seen of the episode "Feeling Pinky Keen" (yes, that's the 0.5 in my epic grand total).

I'm not sure who my favorites are, and in what order. I like Pinky Pie, and I think Twilight Sparkle is the closest to me personality-wise, but I don't think I've seen enough of the others yet (Rainbow Dash in particular; she just looks cool) to make a remotely constant list of my fav's.

I should be able to see another episode tomorrow though. (I checked the guide, but I don't remember if it's going to be the newest one. Guess I'll find out soon enough. XD)
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:56 pm

I'm scared 'cause reading this thread has almost made me to consider watching this.... >.>
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Yuki-Anne wrote:At first I was like, "Man, I leave for a month and when I come back everybody's gone mad with Ponies!"

...and now I'm watching the show too.

Just according to keikaku.

(Translator's Note: Keikaku means plan)
AG wrote:I'm scared 'cause reading this thread has almost made me to consider watching this.... >.>

Don't be scared! It's a good show! Why should watching a well-written, well-animated show with strong characters scare you? I didn't look at the Narnia movies and say "I'm scared to watch these." :p

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby CrystalChalice » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:04 am

All this talk about ponies eventually sucked me into watching the show. I have no regrets.

On another note, some very brave people managed to make some baked bads.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:18 am

AnimeGirl wrote:I'm scared 'cause reading this thread has almost made me to consider watching this.... >.>

Hon, you are much closer to the actual target demographic than the vast majority of people who like this show. If they aren't embarrassed to watch it, you shouldn't be either. :)

[quote="FlMtl Novelist"]I'm not sure who my favorites are, and in what order. I like Pinky Pie, and I think Twilight Sparkle is the closest to me personality-wise, but I don't think I've seen enough of the others yet (Rainbow Dash in particular]

Watch Sonic Rainboom. That's Dash's episode. Also, Griffon the Brush-Off and Fall Weather Friends has a fair amount of Dash. Pinkie Pie knows everything, so she just gets progressively more awesome as the show progresses, especially when she breaks the fourth wall.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:56 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1472295) wrote:Hon, you are much closer to the actual target demographic than the vast majority of people who like this show. If they aren't embarrassed to watch it, you shouldn't be either. :)

Agreed.
Watch Sonic Rainboom. That's Dash's episode. Also, Griffon the Brush-Off and Fall Weather Friends has a fair amount of Dash. Pinkie Pie knows everything, so she just gets progressively more awesome as the show progresses, especially when she breaks the fourth wall.

Thanks for the recommendations. :) Looking forward to the fourth wall jokes. XD

So I've seen the latest episode now! It was great. I might be the only one, but... I really enjoyed Scootaloo in this episode. XD;

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Wolf-man » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:26 pm

So I watched the latest episode last night. AWESOME!!!! Finally we get an origin episode! Loved it. I like how they are all connected. Rarity: "We've been BFFs forever!" lol Also Pinkie Pie was amish. :grin:
Wolf-man

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:50 am

The fact that Applejack used to be Rarity makes the "Look Before You Sleep" episode have entirely new dimensions.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Nate » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:37 pm

[quote="FllMtl Novelist"]I really enjoyed Scootaloo in this episode. XD]
You just like Scootaloo because she hates hugs. :p

Nate

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:38 pm

So I'm finally watching the first episode! Can I ask, how many are out so far? Over 20 I know.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:45 pm

23 episodes, I think.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Alright, thank you!
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TopazRaven

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Nate (post: 1472699) wrote:You just like Scootaloo because she hates hugs. :p

I guess that's part of it. I just like her somewhat anti-warm fuzzies nature. XD

FllMtl Novelist

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:38 pm

I watched 2 episodes so far. Probably watch more tomorrow. So far I really like Twilight Sparkle, Applejack and Pinkie Pie. Rainbow Dash is warming up on me, but she kind of seems like a jerk sometimes. xD I don't have a definite opinion on Rarity and Fluttershy yet, but I still like them both to. :) Nightmare Moon was pretty cool to.

TopazRaven

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:24 pm

VG cats did a strip about MLP FIM. It's their most recent strip.
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/
Yamamaya

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1473398) wrote:VG cats did a strip about MLP FIM. It's their most recent strip.
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

Hahahaha!!! That Vg comic was so funny!
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby Nate » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm

So lots of news showing up in the pony world. First of all, this tweet from Weird Al:

http://twitter.com/#!/alyankovic/status/60438491301036032

But it doesn't stop there, oh no. For you see, Jayson Theissen, the director of the show, tweeted this to Al:

http://twitter.com/#!/goldenrusset/status/60741896728883200

WEIRD AL ON MY LITTLE PONY IS A LARGE POSSIBILITY YOU GUYS. He's done voices for Transformers Animated and Batman Brave and the Bold among others, so there's a definite precedent for Al guest-starring on the show. DO YOU REALIZE HOW AWESOME THIS WOULD BE? My heart might explode, and then explode again.

Also, the guy who did Pinkie Trigger and a few other videos made a special video for getting 1,000 subscribers. It's a HUGE song mix of a lot of pony videos and popular Youtube videos, such as the Nyan-Nyan song, Myomyomyon, a couple of Daft Punk songs, and a couple of Touhou songs. It's pretty great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGSmdOlRokM

Nate

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:43 am

Klingons + My Little Pony = Epic Win
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:52 am

Is it just me, or does MLP FIM have the best freaking creators and directors of all time? My life would be complete if Weird Al did the voice of Derpy on the show.
Yamamaya

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:20 pm

Unfortunately Derpy's a female as far as we can tell. I'd still love to hear him do a voice on the show though.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:58 pm

So, Twilight's new owl friend is totally Kyubey.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Wolf-man » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:59 am

LadyRushia (post: 1473828) wrote:So, Twilight's new owl friend is totally Kyubey.

Who is Kyubey?

This was a great episode! We have been due for a Spike centered episode for a while. I loved his whole evil Snidley Wiplash look and his "Mwahahahahaha!!!" laugh was great. :grin: So I wonder if this new character will be recurring or just a one hit wonder.
Wolf-man

Postby LadyRushia » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:44 am

Who is Kyubey?

Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:48 pm

I wonder if Owloysius will be a recurring character. Overall, I thought this was kind of a weak episode. It wasn't bad (better than Over a Barrel at least) but it definitely wasn't as strong as the last two weeks. I did really like the Snidely Whiplash thing, and there were a couple of other great lines, but definitely not the strongest episode. Still, it's ponies, so I love it.

Oh yeah, and more Scoot worship of Rainbow Dash. That was pretty funny, especially the look on Dash's face when Scoot takes the apple core. "Wait, she actually did it? I was just kidding."

Nate

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Hahaha, Kyubey will eat your soul ~(O_O)~ Oe, that's what I heard.. Crossover from Madoka ^__^

Mech was kind enough to show me the way of the pony craze xD I remember watching MLP when I was little *___*
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:05 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1473888) wrote:Image

*cowers in fear*
I totally can't wait to watch this epi XD. It sounds good, I've been waiting for a Spike story.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:56 pm

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Speaking of Sonic and Ponies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi54WXIoDas

Oh and I guess I have to mention THIS if we're talking about Sonic and Ponies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nv8gZ8jGAA&feature=channel_video_title

Nate

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:15 am

Nate (post: 1474050) wrote:
Oh and I guess I have to mention THIS if we're talking about Sonic and Ponies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nv8gZ8jGAA&feature=channel_video_title

That was fabulous.

The first thing that popped into my head regarding Sonic and Ponies was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDAjEUCiljk which partly exists on DA.
http://infinitydash.deviantart.com/art/MLP-FiM-Platforming-Game-Test-204724303
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:51 am

Haha! thats a great simple game, Rushia! Thanks for sharing that link ^_^ I like how they start you out with Derpy Pony as the default :P
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment