The 83rd Academy Awards

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The 83rd Academy Awards

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:11 am

The nominations went up this morning:

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 am

Inception for best soundtrack, XD. I mean, it's easy to sing on the internet.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby TWWK » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:30 am

Toy Story 3 getting nominated for Best Picture kind of takes the suspense out of Best Animated Picture. And on the topic of that category, I was surprised to see The Illusionist get nominated instead of Tangled. I would've liked to see Summer Wars get the third nomination, but I had no hope for that. :P
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:41 pm

No surprises at all and I see no reason why you need to nominate 10 movies for best picture when everything else has five. It really cheapens the category IMO. I know it's supposed to get more people interested in the awards but none of the extra five are gonna make anyone care anymore than if they didn't. Well Inception is in there so I guess... but still everyone knows the five they would have nominated had there only been five would be Black Swan, The Kings Speech, The Social Network, The Kids Are All Right and a toss up between True Grit and 127 hours...
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Wow, really surprised by the number of nominations that Winter's Bone got! It was a good movie, but probably not one I'd think of for a Best Picture nomination. It did have good acting though, so that's cool. XD

Anyways, I am stoked about these nominees. XD So many excellent movies this year! Congrats to Toy Story 3 for being the third animated film up for Best Picture, though I have a feeling that'll be more common now that they have ten nominees in that category. That said, the animation award will be completely unsurprising. XD Also I still really, really need to see The Illusionist. XD

I expect to see The Social Network pick up a number of awards, but I'm not sure whether it'll get Best or not. I'd kind of like to see The King's Speech win the Oscar, really. XD

For Cinematography, it is a 100% toss-up for me between The King's Speech and True Grit. I dunno. True Grit had awesome cinematography, I thought, but The King's Speech was really great in that category, too. XD Speaking of, here's hoping Hailee Steinfeld wins in the Best Supporting Actress category; she totally deserves it. XD

Anyways, I'm pleased with the nominees and excited for the event!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:03 pm

All I know is that I hope that awful Alice in Wonderland film doesn't win anything.

Oh, and I'm disappointed Summer Wars didn't get nominated, but we all knew it wouldn't win anyways.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Return to General Entertainment