Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Trailer

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Trailer

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:11 pm

The first trailer is here.

The movie looks like it will be fun. Hopefully it will be closer in quality to 1 rather than 2 and 3.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Atria35 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:22 pm

wOOt! Totally into seeing it! (my brother agrees)
Atria35

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:24 pm

I'm not sure how to feel about this.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:38 pm

I thought it was supposed to be done at the 3rd one?
TopazRaven

Postby Nate » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:47 pm

Third one? I think you're mistaken, Topaz. There was only one Pirates movie. See, if they made two more, they would have been terrible and riddled with plot holes and confusing piles of garbage. To avoid having that happen, they made one and only one Pirates movie.

Interesting to see it's getting a sequel finally though. Why'd they wait so long? Let's hope it's good, and not terrible like if they'd made any sequels before this one.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby goldenspines » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Mermaids and zombies, huh?

Maybe I'll see it.
goldenspines

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Sigh. XD I hope that it's fun. Or at least makes sense. XD Maybe removing a few characters and taking the characters that are left back to an unrelated adventure film will make it better. XD

One can only hope. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Syreth » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm not holding out for this to be a great movie, or for it to surpass the first, but it should be a fun renter...
Syreth

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:49 am

I think it looks okay, but the part that has me a bit apprehensive is the hint of a young couple... a la Will and Elizabeth. We don't need another young ridiculous couple tagging along for the confusing, disheartening ride.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:07 am

I remain cautiously optimistic. Jack Sparrow is one of the most enjoyable characters I know, and removing Will and Elizabeth can only improve a movie if you ask me. Mermaids and zombies don't faze me either, because that's the kind of thing these movies have consisted of all along. I have a feeling this will be a movie that critics will dislike and people will complain about, but I will thoroughly enjoy. I hope I will, anyway.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:58 pm

See, I loved the first one and I also liked the apparently non-existent sequels that everyone else hates except me, so I'll probably end up liking this, XD.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm not too worried about the plot issues and whatnot, thusfar I've enjoyed all these movies just on random entertainment value (though I would agree that the first was the best by a good margin). I'm definitely interested in seeing this one when it comes out.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:46 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1443547) wrote:I thought it was supposed to be done at the 3rd one?

Originally, it was... but I guess they chose otherwise.

Anywho, I've seen all 3 movies to date... but I don't really know if I'd want to see a 4th. The first one was okay, but the other two just didn't match quality. I didn't like the ending of the 3rd one at all. I might just sit this one out.

And... zombies and mermaids? Wow... Okay yeah I don't think those mix, but that's just my personal taste there. XD
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:01 am

I'm with Rushia on this one.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:37 am

First one was great, second one had it's moments but was mostly dull and the third one was a sloppy mess with some really good scenes. It'll be interesting to see what they make of the fourth movie.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Return to General Entertainment