Smallville

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Smallville

Postby thorn1ofmany » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:20 am

An interesting development in Smallville, Cloe was fired from the Daily Planet, but wanted to continue submitting articles under a pseudonym and just guess who’s name she used . . . her cousin, Lois Lane. So what does this mean? Does Clark end up with Cloe or her cousin?
A thorn in the side annoys.
A thorn in the heart slays.
thorn1ofmany

Postby Orange Kitten » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:17 am

Or BOTH? o.O :thumb:
lol j/k
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby madphilb » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:55 am

Sadly I've not seen much beyond the 1st season (if I've even seen all the first season).....

I'm hoping I can at least get basic cable again sometime this year (yeah, right)... the WB doesn't come in very good with my rabbit-ears :(
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:33 pm

That's what I find interesting about Smallville - the show poses so many questions because we all know the Superman saga. At the same time, Clark annoys me to no end *dodges flying shoes*. I really like Lex and as of now that's about it, so I haven't watched very consistently. I'm thankful that Lana finally sort of dropped the whole Clark fixation though. I'm guessing that somehow all these people are going to have to dissapear for the show to be consistent, except of course for Clark and Lex. How they'll do it, or IF they'll do it is quite interesting indeed...
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Danyasaur » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:37 pm

I noticed that! and I was thinking. . . . . dude, does he like end up with Chloe and then meets her cousin and then THEY fall in love? lol, poor Chloe, I think out of all the characters, she gets the most isues ^_^
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby thorn1ofmany » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:41 am

Kokhiri Sojourn wrote:Clark annoys me to no end

Join the club, I guess what they say about all brawns and no brains is true. If Clark would just tell Lex, Lana and Cloe about his powers that would eliminate more then half his problems, of course that would also eliminate half the show. We must like watching stupid people.
thorn1ofmany

Postby brantelg » Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:22 pm

Regarding the original post, I thought long and hard about this episode and I think I figured it out. The death of the editor will make an opening for Perry White, who is the editor of the Daily Planet when Clark eventually gets a job. Perry will see the interesting article Chloe wrote, and will think that Lois Lane wrote it. He will hire Lois and that is my theory.
Also, I thought it was funny that Clark used glasses in an episode, because he will use them when he becomes Superman, too!
brantelg

Postby thorn1ofmany » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:05 pm

Yes I thought it was quite clever how they introduced the glasses. He is starting to look like the Clark Kent we all know and love.

Also interesting theory . . . the next episodes will be very interesting.
thorn1ofmany

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:08 pm

I'll have to by the box s
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby SManBeyond » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:49 am

I heard they showed us the cape in "Hereafter." (I don't get the WB here where I live...)

Lois Lane is Chloe's cousin. In all probability, Chloe will have to get a job outside of Metropolis thanks to Lionel, since she will be introduced in the comics. Lois will almost certainly be introduced into the world of Smallville at some point during the series. So Clark will get Lois...

General predictions:

Jonathon Kent will die at the end of Season Three. This will allow for more development with Martha Kent and Dr. Swann.

The season finale of the third season will have two subplots: 1. Lex Luthor will be contacted by Morgan Edge, who is very much alive. The one in Shattered who died was a fake. Although he recognized Clark, he could very well have been one of Edge's cronies who was given a description of Clark and some general information), and the two of them will attempt to overthrow his father. 2. Something to do with Clark and Lionel. Perhaps the mind control research, but perhaps something else regarding the serums...The two subplots will intersect with Edge trying to kill Clark, but upon seeing Clark's shirtless chest (again) with no odd scar (remember, he saw it in Exile when they entered his apartment, but it disappeared in Phoenix), he will believe that Clark Kent is not Kal.

Lana and Chloe will discover Clark's secret by the end of the show.

Lex will kill Lionel at the end of the show, completing his journey to the dark side.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby brantelg » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:54 am

Yup, they used the "S" cape. It was cool.

Regarding those predictions, Johnathan Kent can't die in the show cuz he is around in the comics while Clark is older.

That second prediction is interesting...

The third one is very probable. Lana learns Clark's secrets in the Superman comic series.

4th Prediction: Hmm.... Sounds cool...
brantelg

Postby SManBeyond » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:37 am

I know Jonathon Kent's death would differ from the comics, but I don't think the writers are that concerned about staying true to them. I currently think that he will die because Jor-El seems to have asked Jonathon to sacrifice his life.

I must admit I don't want him to die, though. Jonathon Kent is a cool dad and a great character.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

SManBeyond

Postby madphilb » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:11 pm

SManBeyond wrote:I must admit I don't want him to die, though. Jonathon Kent is a cool dad and a great character.

What's cool too is that the actor who plays him is a Christian (unless things have changed since I saw him interviewed about it a while ago).... I thought it was a perfect part for him, the moral influence that made Superman who he was. (they seem to be plugging a less nice Clark on the commercials I've seen, but I've not been able to watch it so i don't know for sure).
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:24 pm

Lex was always my favorite character, and number four would be really interesting if that's the way it goes.

Number three would make me happy as well, though I don't know what will happen when Lana and Chloe discover all the lies Clark has been living. Like they never even knew him at all.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Archan » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:54 pm

[size=134]SMAVILLE ROCKS!!!!!![/SIZE]
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby SManBeyond » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:59 am

Archan wrote:
[size=134]SMAVILLE ROCKS!!!!!![/SIZE]

Amen to that. I'm particularly looking forward to the episode entitled "Legacy," which will air on April 14 (as the series will take a break after "Crisis", which I think will be an awesome episode of well). It should be awesome. If you don't know the details, be assured it will almost certainly be great. If you want to know...

[spoiler="Some Legacy Details"] Christopher Reeves will return as Dr. Swann, and in addition to having another talk with Clark, he will have a confrontation with Lionel Luthor, who is finally dealing with someone who has more knowledge, information and power. [/spoiler]

SManBeyond

Return to General Entertainment