Worst American Cartoon

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby AsianBlossom » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:11 pm

Yeah, you put some states on there, you're gonna get slapped. You might want this. *hands Bobtheduck a shield*
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Nate » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:57 pm

GeneD wrote:Kappa Mikey

Once again, I must reiterate that this thread is about the WORST cartoons. Worst. Not the best. People and their comprehension problems, I swear. D:

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:47 pm

*Bops Bobtheduck on the head*

Hey! Leave Maine alone! :O

I find it strange, and interesting, that when we were talking about the greatest cartoons ever, everyone seemed to agree with Animaniacs, Batman TAS, the Tick, and others. Now that we're talking about the worst though, everyone seems to have a different opinion on what is a terrible cartoon.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby AsianBlossom » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:12 am

WrestlingOtaku (post: 1262083) wrote:*Bops Bobtheduck on the head*

Hey! Leave Maine alone! :O

See? I knew he was gonna need that shield.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:31 pm

AsianBlossom (post: 1262038) wrote:Yeah, you put some states on there, you're gonna get slapped. You might want this. *hands Bobtheduck a shield*

People may notice I also put Metal gear on that list. Do a search for things I've written, maybe a few months back, and this may give you a clearer picture of what I was saying...

Also, the things on that list all have something in common.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:58 pm

Beast Machines is and insult to the entire Transformers franchise.
South Park
Reboot
Captain Planet
GI Joe Extreme was a mockery to the entire GI Joe franchise, I'm afraid to admit...

Digimon Seasons 2 and 3.....
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:25 am

Digimon isn't American, it's Japanese.
I can't believe how long this thread's gone on!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:11 am

Gabriel 9.0 wrote:Beast Machines is and insult to the entire Transformers franchise.

Y'know, everyone says this, but I have a feeling those who say it haven't seen the whole thing.

It's not without its faults. It's definitely weaker than Beast Wars, to be sure. Their robot forms look awful, and I don't like what they did to Silverhawk (I also miss Rattrap calling him "bird doggy"). I didn't mind the Rhinox thing so much, because I accepted him being warped by Megatron. The only thing that REALLY bothered me was the "Cybertron used to have organic life" thing. It didn't ruin the show, but it was enough to make me a bit upset at it.

I don't regret buying the box series and watching it, and there were a lot of good episodes in there. But it's definitely not as good as Beast Wars.

Nate

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:34 pm

Nate (post: 1262360) wrote:Y'know, everyone says this, but I have a feeling those who say it haven't seen the whole thing.

It's not without its faults. It's definitely weaker than Beast Wars, to be sure. Their robot forms look awful, and I don't like what they did to Silverhawk (I also miss Rattrap calling him "bird doggy"). I didn't mind the Rhinox thing so much, because I accepted him being warped by Megatron. The only thing that REALLY bothered me was the "Cybertron used to have organic life" thing. It didn't ruin the show, but it was enough to make me a bit upset at it.

I don't regret buying the box series and watching it, and there were a lot of good episodes in there. But it's definitely not as good as Beast Wars.

Those are the exact reasons I dislike it XD. I even saw the last episode and was disappointed...
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Tommy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:10 pm

Bobtheduck (post: 1262008) wrote:We should have a thread called "Worst things ever" and include things like:

Evil Dead
Bruce Campbell
Kamikaze kaitou Jeanne
Um... Yuffie
Sephiroth
The states of Texas, Kansas, Maine, and... California?
Hot Fuzz
Anime
Metal Gear
Christian media inclusively
The internet
Final Fantasy
Proprer Grammar and speiling are.
Cats
Dogs

Now THAT'S a list.

(coincidentally, I agree with you on much of the list, but I just feel such a list is just... dangerous.)

Um...please tell me you're kidding.
(Especially with the first two.)
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:18 am

TeeLay (post: 1262565) wrote:Um...please tell me you're kidding.
(Especially with the first two.)
Bob the Duck hates Metal Gear so much he is going to make a thread about it.
Fish and Chips

Postby CAAOutkast » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:52 am

The Bratz Cartoon will always be the Worst of the Worst,no matter what.
CAAOutkast

Postby fanofchrist16 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:21 am

Christisright (post: 1262620) wrote:The Bratz Cartoon will always be the Worst of the Worst,no matter what.

i partially agree, if ur talking about the animation animation then no....the animation was ok. the CG TV series they put on 4KidsTV?!? THAT was horrible!!
[SIZE="3"][color="DarkOrchid"]~*Jesus is Lord and Savior of My Life, Who is He to you?*~[/color][/SIZE]

[color="RoyalBlue"]Luv Johnny Yong Bosch? Click Here[/color]

[color="White"]Luv Vic Migngona? Click Here[/color]

[color="Magenta"]Luv Tokyo Mew Mew? Click Here[/color]

[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][color="Red"]New Friends: MangArtist, Roy Mustang[/color][/SIZE][/font]
fanofchrist16

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:40 am

Metal Gear totally belongs on everybody's "worst" list.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:54 am

Nate (post: 1262053) wrote:Once again, I must reiterate that this thread is about the WORST cartoons. Worst. Not the best. People and their comprehension problems, I swear. D:

I've seen Kappa Mikey recently (if only because of this thread). On the one hand I found it to be very funny with some occasional sharp and random humour. On the other hand the series' hyperactive style annoyed me a lot, so I doubt I would make a regular thing of watching it.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Kurama » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 am

I don't remember that show, Surprisingly. O.O Yet the name sounds oddly familiar.
Kurama

Postby MangArtist » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:44 pm

SpongeBob
Fairly Odd Parents
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Power Puff Girls

Pretty much all those kinda shows. O_o I loathe them all.......
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby ADXC » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:07 pm

@ MangArtist- Really? I thought all of those were good cartoons.
ADXC

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:17 pm

I can understand Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and even Spongebob to an extent...but how could anyone think Fairly Oddparents is a bad cartoon?

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:53 am

People would probably only think it's bad if they've only seen one episode and it was one of the lame ones. I actually used to like that show a lot myself, but I think it jumped the shark near the end of its run (which is so often the case).

Ed, Edd and Eddy makes me cringe. Spongebob used to be funny and entertaining at first but now it's crap.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:07 am

SpongeBob is basically inane, though sometimes it does sidestep this to make a clever joke or something (and of course, sometimes it's funny because it's not funny). Ed, Edd, and Eddy is just bad.

Fairly Odd Parents and Power Puff Girls however have a lot of good stuff going for them.
Fish and Chips

Postby fanofchrist16 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:07 pm

MangArtist (post: 1265996) wrote:SpongeBob
Fairly Odd Parents
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Power Puff Girls

Pretty much all those kinda shows. O_o I loathe them all.......

R u serious? Power Puff Girls is all about Girl Power!! that show was great.
[SIZE="3"][color="DarkOrchid"]~*Jesus is Lord and Savior of My Life, Who is He to you?*~[/color][/SIZE]

[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][color="Red"]New Friends: MangArtist, Roy Mustang[/color][/SIZE][/font]
fanofchrist16

Postby rocklobster » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:37 am

I saw some clips on Youtube of people reviewing the girl-themed cartoons of the 80's. Why did American animators subject girls to such drivel? I'll take Japanese shojo to American girl-themed cartoons any day.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kurama » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:42 pm

PPG was funny xD Sometimes it did make me go....
O_o;
Kurama

Postby fanofchrist16 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:28 pm

[quote="Kurama (post: 1266437)"]PPG was funny xD Sometimes it did make me go....
O_o]

one episode that made me go: O_o was the episode with that dead magician that came back to life. MAN was that scary, and the episode where Him (the first gay character acknowledge on TV, eewww) turned into that huge black demon with those eyes. my lil sis couldn't sleep alone for a few days, she had to sleep w/ me.

fanofchrist16

Postby GeneD » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:33 am

It's kinda sad that I know what episodes you are talking about, but yes those were freaky.

Of the current 4 series being discussed, I don't really have strong feelings about any of them. I liked each of them in their turn, but now I'm not really bothered. Now that I think about it Spongebob does seem less entertaining, but whether that's the show or me I don't know.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Nate » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:37 am

Spongebob actually is very witty and clever at times, but it seems most of the time they just go for absurdist/slapstick humor. However I haven't seen it in ages so I don't know if they completely went over to the slapstick/hyper comedy route and dropped the intelligent humor. If so, I can see why people wouldn't like it.

Nate

Postby MoonRock Dragon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:56 am

South park , simpsons , beves and ****head , family guy , king of the hill and most things like that.
MoonRock Dragon

Postby Tarnish » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:27 pm

Beves and Head? I've never heard of that one. Though it's a good thing you didn't say Beavis and Butthead or I'd be forced to believe you have absolutely no sense of humor.
Tarnish

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:52 pm

Don't worry though, Tarnish thinks that anyway.
Fish and Chips

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment