To End All Wars back in theaters

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

To End All Wars back in theaters

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:45 pm

My favorite all time movie, To End All Wars, is coming back to theaters soon for ANOTHER limited release... Some of you have heard me raving about this movie, so I'd suggest the +17 crowd, (it IS rated r, and for good reason) as long as you can handle seeing people get tortured, should see about finding a local release and going to watch this movie... I haven't heard any VALID bad things about this movie, and you know how I feel about it...

(by valid, I mean backed up... One person said "unrealistic" except that it was a true story, one person said "too sentimental, and that wouldn't have happened" except, well... It's a true story)

The movie is about Ernest Gordon, who was a prisoner in a Japanese prison camp, one of the thousands and thousands forced to build the "Railway of Death" in Thailand, through the valley of the Kwai. Ernest Gordon became a Christian after this, and... Well, I'm not going to inflate it too much, because I don't want you coming out with a bad taste because of my pushing my experience on you... See if for yourself before you read anything else...

A Christian movie that doesn't suck? Yup. That's what it is. (it won (some prize) at the Toronto Film Festival, so that shows something...)

20th Century Fox bought the rights for it, so they own it... I hope they don't censor anything, which they now have the right to do, but if they don't touch it, that allows for (but doesn't guarantee) a bit more publicity... It will get a US DVD release in June (for those in Aussieland or the UK, it's allready on DVD there... Grr...)

I hope that it comes to LA again before June...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:49 am

http://www.christianitytoday.com/bc/2002/004/1.6.html

This is probably the best review of this movie from a Christian, though their interpretation of the movie is played off as fact in a couple points. Warning: This has spoilers, but it's worth checking out... If the spoilers will keep you from watching, then don't read them, but I think even for people who read the book and know the whole story behind it including things left out of the movie due to time and money, it is still impressive and an important movie. And, perhaps, you watching the movie isn't the most important thing, but maybe sharing it with some of your friends. I may sound pushy on this one but that's because I feel this film is so important. It shows that Christian media not only doesn't have to, but by all means shouldn't suck.

EDIT: HAhahahahaaha... I'm such a dork :hits_self ... I told you to see it before you read any reviews, then I tell you to read a review... Well, it's there if you absolute must, but maybe it would be better if you didn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:14 am

It looks good.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Return to General Entertainment