Big Fish

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Big Fish

Postby Spencer » Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:01 pm

I thought this movie was really good. Kinda confusing at first, but it all fits together at the end. Like a jigsaw puzzle or something. Only bad part of the movie is some rear nudity, but that's as far as it goes.

I give it a 4/5.
:)
Spencer

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:02 pm

Gasp! I've been waiting for someone to mention this movie. I really really wanna see it. *Ewan McGregor fan* hehehe. :p
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:48 pm

I definately want to see this... Love Tim Burton's style... I love surrealistic stuff!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Twilly Spree » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:37 am

Love Tim Burton, so can't wait to see it. I was going to see it with some friends last night but we ended up playing video games instead.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:53 am

Anyone else who's seen it? I'm intrigued myself :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:11 am

mmmm, sounds good but i think the nudity will keep my from seeing it
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Twilly Spree » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:07 am

Saw it, fantastic movie! It was amazing! Go see it! The nudity lasted for a total of 3 seconds not even it's not a big deal at all. I cried so long, aww man it was a good movie. I give it a 5/5!
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:56 am

Hmm, okay. I think I *might* give it a spin. :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Twilly Spree » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:42 am

*pushes shooraijin towards theatre* Go! Go see it!
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:23 pm

Isn't the nudity Danny DeVito? It looked like he was naked in the preview I saw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby brantelg » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:39 pm

I Want To See This Movie SO badly. It looks great.
brantelg

Postby Spencer » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:41 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Isn't the nudity Danny DeVito? It looked like he was naked in the preview I saw.

um...yes....-____-
:)
Spencer

Postby Twilly Spree » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:56 pm

I think he looks like Humpty Dumpty. Like an egg with legs.

It's just his butt by the way.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:18 pm

> Isn't the nudity Danny DeVito?

Please, not while I'm eating.

shooraijin

Postby lobsterbucket » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:35 pm

Yeah i saw this movie last week and it was really awesome. I'm definitly a Tim Burton fan too (love Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, and my personal favorite, Nightmare Before Christmas). What are you waiting for!? Go go go!

-Daniel
lobsterbucket

Postby Inferno » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:10 am

I feard that there was a full frontal(women) nude shot that lasted 3 second. is that true?
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Twilly Spree » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:14 am

Eh she was a mermaid, in water, you really had to be staring to see it.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Murphy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:29 pm

5/5
Tim Burton is a genius! When you can laugh and cry during the same movie more than once you know it is good! ^^
Murphy

Postby shooraijin » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:13 pm

We (my folks and I) watched it last night, and man, that was a stellar flick! We were crying our eyes out when they [SPOILER=ending]took him down to the river, and as soon as he gave his wife the wedding ring, I knew he was going to turn into the tremendous fish! The fish metaphor was a superb idea, and leave it to his son to link everything up, including his dad always swimming and drinking water, and that big flash of something huge in the algae-encrusted pool.[/SPOILER] It was a heart-wrenching scene, but really, he could only have finished off like that, y'know? [SPOILER=again]The symbolism of actually becoming a part of the world he loved, not to mention becoming the very thing he was proudest of catching -- that was the best way for him to go. "Exactly."[/SPOILER]

Danny DeVito played a role that seemed strangely appropriate. :) And for anyone that knows me, that little town in the woods has a name I greatly appreciate *grin*

shooraijin

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:17 pm

I still want to see this movie...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Yamato145 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:41 pm

I loved this film. as a teller of stories myself it held a special meaning to me.
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
On a quest to adopt Cephas
:dance: WACKY BANANA!!! :rock: ROCKER!!! :hug: glomp of DOOM!!!
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
kenshin: W_^Vx
Yamato145

Return to General Entertainment