Just got finished watching Fellowship of the Ring...awesome!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Just got finished watching Fellowship of the Ring...awesome!

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:58 pm

I just got finished watching it, and now my mom and I are watching the Two Towers. I hope it turns out as good :)
Destroyer2000

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:51 pm

Ah. Just finished the Two Towers. It was great! Kinda dropped you off at the ending, though...I can't wait for Return of the King. Although, I doubt I'll go see it in theaters, as it is 3 hrs 30-40 mins long.
Destroyer2000

Postby madphilb » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:41 am

Actually, if you leave as the credits roll you'll get out at about 3hrs, 15min... not that it's much of a difference.

It'll be good once it hits the shelves though.... sometime late 2004 would be my guess.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Kisa » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:58 pm

WOW just now watching it huh? Better late than never! Glad you liked em, you;ll like LOTR: ROTK too when you get to see that! They are all the best movies! ^_^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:33 pm

Awesome movies! I just got the extended versions! YAY!
Link Antilles

Postby Quiet Hood » Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:50 pm

good movie, yep.
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath." -James 1:19
Translation: Listen much; speak little; stay cool. :thumb:

Romans 6: 7-12
Psalm 144: 1-2
Quiet Hood

Postby Kisa » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:04 am

Plus, I love the soundtracks for them all. Excellent job and really nice! (^_^)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:22 pm

You've started on an excellant series, and one that doesn't disappoint. I feel certain you will enjoy The Two Towers and Return of the King even more than the first. I don't need to explain all of why the series is great... I'm sure others have and will extrapolate on the topic.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:21 pm

Good for you that you went back and watched Fellowship and the Two Towers before seeing Return of the King. I know a bunch of people who saw the third without seeing the first two, and of course they didn't understand anything. Anyway, I may even like the first one the best of all...
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby cbwing0 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:09 pm

I'm glad you are getting a chance to see such great movies. Hopefully I will get all three extended versions over the summer, so I can see all the extra footage! Until then, I will work on reading the books, which I received for Christmas (thanks mom! :grin: ).
cbwing0

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:33 pm

Ugh, good luck CBWing...I tried and I didn't make it past the Hobbit.
Ashley

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:52 pm

Really? I find that curious. You seem to have an abundance of talent for reading older books.

But yes, I will admit that the books don't move very fast. There are some periods of time that last years that were conveniently cut from the movie.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:22 pm

Well thank you UC. I'll take that as a compliment. Usually it's the language I have very little issue with and I can completely get into the story of the book. But in the case of Tolkien, not only was the language cumbersome, IMHO, but the plot was slower than Houston traffic on a friday afternoon (and that's saying something). That having been said, I will convieniently and politely bow out of this thread before Keely and Gypsy beat the snot out of me for dissing Tolkien. :sweat:
Ashley

Postby Inferno » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:23 am

yes very good, but the second and third are much better. more action and stuff. but just ta warn ya the return of the king has a ending that made me cry! :waah!:
Inferno

Postby cbwing0 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:06 am

I got the extended edition of the first (and second) movies this weekend. I'm watching the Two Towers right now, and I have to say that the extra footage is much more noticeable in the first movie, although I suppose there could be a lot at the end that I haven't seen yet. The third is my favorite, followed by the second, and finally the first; but I like them all. I guess I should have read the books first as I had originally intended, but I had an opportunity to get the movies for less than their normal price, so I had to take it. There's still time to read before the third is released though. :grin:
cbwing0

Postby andyroo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:29 pm

All the movies are great. I got a chance to rewatch the Fellowship and the Two Towers during the last week of my Christmas vacation on DVD. I didn't get the extended DVDs so they're probably just like what I saw in the theatres excluding the extras of course.

[...]But in the case of Tolkien, not only was the language cumbersome, IMHO, but the plot was slower than Houston traffic on a friday afternoon...
I've heard that the Silmarilion is even slower than the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings. For those that don't know what it is, it's the history of Middle Earth, but I think Elvish history more so. I haven't read it yet so I wouldn't know.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Return to General Entertainment