What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:48 pm

Though the moral of Glory seemed to have been never waste your troops on a hopeless charge.If you note in the finale they just keep charging despite the fact that the Confederates keep mowing them down like so many ants.

Yesterday I finally sat down and saw Clash of the Titans on TCM.Ray Harryhausen at his best.And Burgess Meredith was in it to boot with (Sir)Laurence Olivier as Zeus!
mitsuki lover

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:15 pm

It was basically showing the men's bravery and their willingness to do their job, trying to take the fort, even in the face of overwhelming odds. They knew that it was a very strategic fort and that they would need it if they wanted the blockade of the South to work, and in case your wondering. Yes, I am a Civil War nut. I don't know why, I just like to learn about it for some reason. One of the sadest parts of the movie, if you know history, is that the fort would eventually be abandoned by the Confederacy without a fight.

Just got done watching Saving Private Ryan for the first time. Another amazing movie, and another one that almost made me cry. Good war movies do that to me for some reason.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:12 pm

watched Kung Fu Hustle yesterday. that movie was hilarious.
jon_jinn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:28 pm

I caught the last half hour of The Abyss last night.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm

Currently watching {Proof}, a movie starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Anthony Hopkins. It's pretty good so far. :)
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:49 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:Currently watching {Proof}, a movie starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Anthony Hopkins. It's pretty good so far. :)

I saw previews for that one. It looked interesting! Tell us if it's worth watching after you finish! :thumb:
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:27 am

undertaker wrote:Just got done watching Saving Private Ryan for the first time. Another amazing movie, and another one that almost made me cry. Good war movies do that to me for some reason.

Best war movie (IMO) well maybe other than Black hawk down. Both were great movies
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:47 pm

No,The Great Escape,Tora,Tora,Tora,Bridge Over The River Kwai,The Longest Day,
The Bridge At Remagen,were all better.Saving Private Ryan was simply the most realistic WWII film ever made.
mitsuki lover

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:49 pm

Mitsuki lover wrote:Saving Private Ryan was simply the most realistic WWII film ever made.

Very true.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby The Last Bard » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:39 pm

I'm going to watch Unbreakable again tonight.
The Last Bard

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:41 pm

Just watched the movie Stay and WOW was it confusing

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:13 pm

Linksquest wrote:I saw previews for that one. It looked interesting! Tell us if it's worth watching after you finish! :thumb:

Yeah, so I finished watching Proof last night. The previews made it look awesome. Well, it wasn't. XD It was horrible, actually. The whole movie spends time building up this plot and all of these issues, and then never resolves them. One thing gets resolved at the end, out of a slew of other situations the story created. If you ever get the chance to watch this movie, don't. XD Go watch A Beautiful Mind, it's FAR better in every category.
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:19 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Yeah, so I finished watching Proof last night. The previews made it look awesome. Well, it wasn't. XD It was horrible, actually. The whole movie spends time building up this plot and all of these issues, and then never resolves them. One thing gets resolved at the end, out of a slew of other situations the story created. If you ever get the chance to watch this movie, don't. XD Go watch A Beautiful Mind, it's FAR better in every category.

haha, thanks for the warning! I still might see this someday though, just to satisfy my curiosity! XD
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:45 pm

I saw parts of Tom Jones yesterday.
mitsuki lover

Postby ShadowCat » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:08 am

Only comedies, some adventures, and some actions....Everything else is poo to me >.>;
ShadowCat

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:35 pm

Currently, I'm watching Rush Hour 2. XD Great stuff, I say.

Radical Dreamer

Postby soul alive » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:17 am

I completely agree with Radical Dreamer about Proof. It looked really interresting, the plot sounded intreguing on the back of the box, but I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for something to happen. Nothing. It was a potentially good idea that got thoroughly ruined. Though, it does have the distinction of being the movie that single-handedly convinced me to never rent movies I haven't thoroughly researched reviews of.

I did watch Rio Lobo recently. One of my favorite John Wayne movies.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:19 pm

I saw bits of the following movies:
Tom Jones:the classic farce based on the Henry Fielding novel.
The Sons of Katie Elder:John Wayne and Dean Martin...do ya need anythin'
else Pilgrim?
mitsuki lover

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:32 pm

lets see i watched

Amityville horror(new)
House of Wax
Wolf creek (dumbest horror movie ever IMO)
Longest yard
Saw 2 (again)
Dawn of the dead (again)

and a few others I just can't think right now

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:48 am

Just finished rewatching Tim Burton's Corpse Bride for the nth time. SUCH an awesome movie. Victor is love.
Aka-chan

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:26 pm

I just finished Running Scared with Paul Walker. I thought it was excellent! It was like a very dark, very gritty, urban Grimm fairy tale. This boy steals his friends dads (paul walker) "hot" gun, that was used to kill a "dirty cop", and shoot his abusive father and then runs off in hiding. So Walker has to find the gun before the cops do or hes dead and the little boy is scared and goes of on a really dark missadventure through the city from one little subplot to the next. VERY intense, dark, gritty movie but really good if you can handle it. The ending was a bit lame but anyway.

Lots of brutal violence and probably a candidate for most F-Bombs dropped in a movie... also suffers from strong sexuality/nudity so just a warning.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby dyzzispell » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:16 pm

I just watched The Visitation, based on the book by Frank Peretti.
Way too freaky... :eyeroll:
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
"Work In Progress" Facebook Fan Page
My DeviantART

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." - Colossians 3:23 NIV
dyzzispell

Postby The Last Bard » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:07 pm

Yeah, Scarecrow, I watched that about a month ago when it came out on DVD. I thought it was pretty good. haha, and I must agree, it was very gritty and dark. But a good movie.
The Last Bard

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:33 pm

dyzzispell wrote:I just watched The Visitation, based on the book by Frank Peretti.
Way too freaky... :eyeroll:

I spent 12 hours working as an extra for that crummy movie and then my shot wasn't even in the movie (they filmed pretty close to where I lived). :shake:

And then yea the movie sucked as well.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:57 pm

I watched FFVIIAC (for the second time...but for the first time on an actual television XD) last night, and it was mediocre but fun, as usual. XD I did watch a few scenes from the dubbed version (I'll probably watch the rest today), and I was surprised at what a good job the VA's did. I was kind of expecting a dub like one of those old dubbed Kung-Fu movies, where the mouth motions are all way off (XD), but the American VA's did an exceptional job at both matching the words with the mouths and sounding natural. XD

One of the things that I really did enjoy about the DVD, though, was the DVD extra called "Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII." This basically takes you through the entire game of FFVII (cutscenes and all XD) to give you a basic re-cap of what happened. Ah, nostalgia! :lol:

Radical Dreamer

Postby jon0 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:35 pm

I just finished watching blade runner and brazil. Brazil is truly the most disturbing film I have ever seen. Blade Runner is the most intellegent film I have ever seen.
jon0

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:32 pm

The original take no subsititutes To Be Or Not To Be starring Jack Benny and Carole Lombard on TCM yesterday night.
One of the funnier moments was on the plane when the two German pilots are told by the actor playing Hitler:"Jump!" and they jump out without parachutes.
mitsuki lover

Postby The Last Bard » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:54 am

Bad Boys II right now.
The Last Bard

Postby Arnobius » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:41 am

Well lets see I just finished Mind of Mencia season 1 and The Great Raid (which was a lame movie) and am ready to start Red Dwarf VIII

jon0 wrote:I just finished watching blade runner and brazil. Brazil is truly the most disturbing film I have ever seen. Blade Runner is the most intellegent film I have ever seen.

Which version of Blade Runner? There is the Normal, Extended and Director's Cut (and maybe more?)
Arnobius

Postby bbboy21 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:47 pm

Collateral and maybe more Domino. =D
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment